Not to be confused with ∀.
Length: 2:09 (beatmania IIDX), 1:46 (DanceDanceRevolution)
VJ: shiro (overlays by GOLI)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 7th style
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- A remix of A by 少年ラジオ, titled A -少年A-, can be found on dj TAKA's first album, milestone.
- A is part of D.J.Amuro's RENAISSANCE series of songs.
- The DanceDanceRevolution series uses a shorter version of A.
- A hard rock remix of A by ASTRA, titled A - Astral Inner Flame ver.- , appears on the beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE exclusive album BEMANI曲をバンドで演奏してみた album.
- A is sampled in ∀, from beatmania IIDX 28 BISTROVER.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- According to the song production comments, the basic idea for A was conceived by 3rd style, but it was saved until players were good enough to play it (see below).
- Renaissance means "rebirth" in French.
- A is the only song from beatmania IIDX 7th style that kept its unique title card in its CS counterpart.
- The A in the title is virtually the same one used in the A for the logo of A-JAX, a vertically scrolling shoot'em up arcade game released by KONAMI in 1987, just flipped. The font itself is Viner Hand ITC.
- A received a Double BEGINNER chart in DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2.
- A's overlays were removed from the IIDX arcade games as of beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro due to technical issues.
- A was added to beatmania IIDX INFINITAS on February 3rd, 2016 as part of the February 2016 Basic Subscription Monthly Songs.
- On July 6th, 2016, it became unlockable through the Akashic Explore event for players who did not already have it.
- From November 2016, it can be purchased with BITs.
Song Production Information
The A in the title is for the trump card, the ace.
To tell you the truth, I first got the basic idea for this song around 3rd style. A song that starts at about half speed and has lots of complex chords that requires precision sight-reading, then breaks out into a drum'n'bass rhythm with a stream of 16-notes on the piano part. You'd play it with both hands to hit the scattered notes coming down, then for the part with the scales and the scratch, you might perhaps develop the musical technique necessary to mimic an actual performance of such a scale ... well, it was requested that I make a song kind of like that, as it happens, that would force a player to use all of their skill to perform.
However, at the time we felt that the level of this song might provide too high a hurdle for the typical player, so we waited for them to mature as the different versions of IIDX came and went and the level of the game's difficulty steadily rose. When we saw how good people had gotten at spontaneously reading patterns during the 7th location test, we were confident it was the right time to release this song.
This time I've taken the name "D.J.Amuro" from the "A" of the song title. I hope you can feel all the thoughts and memories I've packed into this song.
I'm sorry for all of you who haven't achieved the extremely high level of proficiency to play such a song, but I hope you can look forward to passing it as a sign that you, too, have achieved the highest level of proficiency.
CS Information Data
You have unlocked the song "A" by D.J. Amuro. Don't let the simple song title fool you, "A" is a brilliant masterpiece that features classical inspired melodies mixed with an edgy drum'n'bass line to deliver an over the top intense song. Experience the power of "A" - its awesome and amazing!
Video Production Information
This is the last song we worked on visuals for. Since it was delivered to the visual production team in the final stages of development, we didn't think we'd have time to do a movie or even key animation for it. But we thought it's such a great song, we have to do something for it ... and so the pressure kept building up to finish something. I couldn't face Amuro-san with a total failure, after all *g* So, this is the song we did the quickest work for, next to ZERO-ONE.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 7+ 7th through 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in 11 IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style→9th style||-||6||7+||N/A||-||6||7+||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style||-||6||8||N/A||-||6||8||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED||-||6||8+||N/A||-||6||8+||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY||-||6||10||12||-||↑7||11||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD→14 GOLD||-||6||10||12||-||7||↑12||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS→Present||-||6||10||12||-||↑8||↓11||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style CS||-||6||7+||7+||-||6||7+||7+||-|
|beatmania IIDX 8th style CS||-||6||7+||7+||-||6||7+||7+||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED CS||3||6||8+||8+||-||7||8+||8+||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||3||6||10||12||-||8||11||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||6||10||12||-||8||11||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||6||10||12||-||-||-||-||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||104 / 0||147 / 7||241 / 2||329 / 3||326 / 3 / 0||146 / 2||214 / 2||318 / 3||324 / 3 / 0|
|Dancing Stage Fusion||2||4||6||8||9||4||6||8||9|
|DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME CS JP/US||2||4||6||8||9||4||6||8||9|
|Dancing Stage Fusion CS (PS2)||2||4||6||8||9||4||6||8||9|
|DanceDanceRevoluion ULTRAMIX2 / Dancing Stage Unleashed2||N/A||4||6||8||-||4||6||8||-|
|D.J.Amuro's RENAISSANCE series|
|Main Songs||A - AA - F - X|
|Remixes / Related Songs||少年A - AA -rebuild- - ∀|