Length: 1:58 (beatmania IIDX), 1:32 (DanceDanceRevolution)
VJ: shiro (IIDX RED→HAPPY SKY); Ta-k(synesthesia) (CS IIDX RED, DistorteD→Present)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- AA is part of D.J.Amuro's RENAISSANCE series of songs.
- A long version of AA can be found on dj TAKA's first album, milestone.
- A remix of AA by BlackY, titled AA BlackY mix, appears in SOUND VOLTEX BOOTH.
- Another remix of AA by OSTER project, titled AA (Renaissance Concertino Mix), appears on dj TAKA's second album, True Blue....
- A remake of AA, titled AA -rebuild-, appears in beatmania IIDX 25 CANNON BALLERS.
- The DanceDanceRevolution series uses a shorter version of AA.
- AA is sampled in ∀, from beatmania IIDX 28 BISTROVER.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- A common pronunciation of AA among players in Japan is "ダブルエース" (Double-Ace). KONAMI stresses that there is no "official" pronunciation, but notes that "Double-Ace" is a common one among players.
- Notably, in the SOUND VOLTEX series, AA BlackY mix has "AA" rendered as "ダブルエース" for sorting purposes.
- AA received a unique video on the Visual Emotions 3 DVD, alongside IIDX RED songs D.A.N.C.E.!, Raspberry♡Heart (English version), and The Hope of Tomorrow. This video was added to the arcade series in beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD.
- This video also replaces its original generic video in beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED CS.
- AA held the record at the time of its release for the most notes of any ANOTHER chart in beatmania IIDX on both Single and Double, with 1834 and 1739 notes respectively.
- AA was available in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS' championship Mode from August 10th to 21st, 2016.
- On August 22nd, 2016, it was added to standard Mode for anyone who had played the PREMIUM∞CUP in championship Mode at least once.
- From December 2019, it can be purchased with BITs.
Song Production Information
The theme of this song is the betrayal of a certain character by his closest, trusted associates, and the moments of his heroic death. It is rather difficult, but I hope you can bring flowers through your spectacular performance.
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated 1 to 8+ in IIDX RED, and from 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED||-||5||8+||N/A||-||5||8||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→Present||-||5||↑10||12||-||5||↑9||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED CS||3||5||8+||8+||-||5||8||8+||-|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD CS||3||5||10||12||-||5||9||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||3||5||10||12||-||5||9||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||5||10||12||-||5||9||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||5||10||12||-||-||-||-||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||108 / 0||186 / 2||274 / 2||386 / 2||- / - / -||186 / 2||273 / 2||366 / 2||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution / Dancing Stage SuperNOVA CS||1||4||7||9||-||4||7||9||-|
|D.J.Amuro's RENAISSANCE series|
|Main Songs||A - AA - F - X|
|Remixes / Related Songs||少年A - AA -rebuild- - ∀|