ACE FOR ACES
ACE FOR ACES
Composition/Arrangement: TAG, U1-ASAMi
Jacket design: square_head
First Music Game Appearance: DanceDanceRevolution A
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- ACE FOR ACES was performed live as part of the DanceDanceRevolution 20th Anniversary NONSTOP MEGAMIX medley at The 7th KONAMI Arcade Championship.
- ACE FOR ACES is DanceDanceRevolution A's ENCORE EXTRA STAGE song, available immediately after clearing ENDYMION as the EXTRA EXCLUSIVE LEVEL A song with a AA+ or better. Note that you must PERFECT FULL COMBO ACE FOR ACES' charts in order to clear it.
- This marks the third time a PERFECT FULL COMBO is required to clear the ENCORE EXTRA STAGE, after LOVE IS THE POWER -Re:born- in DanceDanceRevolution X3 VS 2ndMIX and Over The “Period” in DanceDanceRevolution (2014).
- From April 26th, 2018, ACE FOR ACES can be accessed on EXTRA STAGE LEVEL 2 after completing RINON'S ADVENTURE.
- From July 26th, 2018, ACE FOR ACES can be accessed on EXTRA STAGE LEVEL 1 after completing RINON'S ADVENTURE.
- Its CHALLENGE charts can only be accessed on EXTRA STAGE LEVEL 2 instead, after completing RINON'S ADVENTURE.
- From August 30th, 2018, ACE FOR ACES is unlocked for normal play upon completing RINON'S ADVENTURE.
- Its CHALLENGE charts can be accessed on EXTRA STAGE LEVEL 1 instead, after completing RINON'S ADVENTURE.
- Despite having a display BPM of 200, ACE FOR ACES contains different BPM values across difficulties; its DIFFICULT, EXPERT, and CHALLENGE charts have BPM changes and stops that are not present in its BEGINNER or BASIC charts:
- DIFFICULT: 100 → 200 → 800 → (stop) → 200 → 100 → 200 → (stop) → 200 → (10 stops) → 200.
- EXPERT: 100 → 400 → 800 → (stop) → 400 → 50 → 100 → 200 → (stop) → 200 → 400 → (4 stops) → 400 → (stop) → 400 → (2 stops) → 400 → (stop) → 100.
- CHALLENGE: (stop) → 100 → 400 → 800 → 400 → 200 → (stop) → 200 → 400 → 50 → 100 → 200 → 400 → 200 → 100 → 200 → 400 → 200 → 100 → 200 → 400 → 200 → 100 → 200 → 400 → 200 → 100 → 200 → 400 → 200 → 100 → 200 → 400 → 200 → 100 → 200 → 400 → 200 → 100 → 200 → 400 → 200 → 100 → 800 → 400 → 200 → 100 → 200 → (stop) → 200 → 400 → 200 → 100 → 400 → (5 stops) → 400 → 800 → (stop) → 400 → (4 stops) → 400 → 800.
- ACE FOR ACES is the first DanceDanceRevolution song to have different BPM values across difficulties.
- ACE FOR ACES' Single CHALLENGE and Double CHALLENGE charts have VOLTAGE values of 260 and 247, respectively, making it the first DanceDanceRevolution song with charts that have VOLTAGE values above 200.
- ACE FOR ACES' video is displayed full-screen, eliminating any on-screen dancers.
- ACE FOR ACES' sync was improved on August 8th, 2017.
- ACE FOR ACES ranked #1 in the BEMANI Fan Site CHECK!SONGS Monthly Ranking list for August 2017.
- A different jacket for The ACE FOR ACES, without the artist credit, can be seen in the video of the above Monthly Ranking list .
Song Production Information
How many people we met and went away during this time.
Going away is never eternal, it was not a coincidence that we met.
To all the ACEs.
Video Production Information
Some ultra-skilled players can play this song.
And even for super-skilled players, I expected that it would take some time to clear this song.
"One more step, I want to see the next step!"
I made the movie this time wanting to encourage the feelings of those pure players.
RINON loses her consciousness and is wrapped in flames, unable to recognize players that aren't able to clear the song with anything other than a PERFECT FULL COMBO; I hope you, fellow DDR fans who witness this as YUNI looks up at the sky and prays with an anxious look, enjoy this.
This song is also used as the ending of the event.
All games are packed with plenty of developers' thoughts.
Of course, DDR A was also born with the love of many people.
It's an honor to share a small amount of time at the end of the event with the fans who enjoyed the game so far.
Let the messages at the end of the movie touch you!
Jacket Design Information
The production approach to this jacket was a little bit special.
Speaking of how special it was, I aimed for a design that does not convey the atmosphere of the song through the jacket.
The reason I aimed for a visual like this is because I didn't want the jacket image to become a hindrance to the sense of excitement in discovering the entire song little by little.
This song being played is the ENCORE EXTRA STAGE which requires a PERFECT FULL COMBO to clear.
Considering how the real pleasure of this song is in experiencing for one's self the excited feeling of "What kind of hook is this?!" that has become rare in recent music games, I came up with a design that would avoid the song's genre and its expected progression.
And thus the jacket was born.
There's a little bit of obsessiveness in the typography.
The artist lettering is what was used on the DDR A teaser site.
It also uses the A logo and the GAMEOVER font in unison.
Thus the letter A extends to the two words "ACE" and "ACES".
ACE FOR ACES is the conclusive song of a single story that starts with A and ends with A.
I am expressing the characteristics of such a song using typography.
Difficulty & Notecounts
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||116 / 7||311 / 19||467 / 19||658 / 14||786 / 16 / 0||313 / 21||425 / 25||639 / 34||765 / 16 / 0|
|DanceDanceRevolution A EXTRA EXCLUSIVE Songs|
| New Century - RISING FIRE HAWK - Astrogazer - Come to Life - Emera - Start a New Day - Ishtar - out of focus - Neutrino - Cosy Catastrophe|
IN BETWEEN - Love You More - Pursuer - Vanquish The Ghost
ENDYMION - ACE FOR ACES