|DanceDanceRevolution arcade releases|
|1st - 2nd (CLUB VER.1 / CLUB VER.2) - 3rd (VER.KOREA / Ver.KOREA2 / PLUS)|
|4th (PLUS) - 5th - MAX - MAX2 - EXTREME|
|SuperNOVA - SuperNOVA2 - X - X2 - X3 VS 2ndMIX - 2013 - 2014 - A|
|Solo BASS - Solo 2000 - KIDS - USA|
|TRUE KiSS DESTiNATiON - DREAMS COME TRUE - Disney's RAVE|
- Release dates:
- DanceDanceRevolution 2ndMIX: January 29th, 1999.
- DanceDanceRevolution 2ndMIX LINK VERSION: April 28th, 1999.
- Soundtrack release dates: April 28th, 1999.
General Information / Changes
- The game features a new version of the introduction video during the opening credits.
- Most of the interface was carried over from DanceDanceRevolution with some graphical changes.
- All the modes and gameplay (scoring formula included) present in DanceDanceRevolution are included in 2ndMIX with a few new additions and modifications:
- For the first time, the song list changes depending on the stage number. The game also has hidden requirements which can change the available songs.
- The number of songs displayed on screen for each stage was expanded from 6 to 8 songs.
- A random song option (Roulette) was added to the game. It can be seen in game replacing a song CD by a spinning CD with the banner and CD art continuously changing.
- Three exclusive STEP BATTLE songs were added. These songs are only playable in two player mode on a special competitive game mode where each player records steps, then plays the other player's recorded steps. The game alternates between the two modes until the end of the song. Only accessible using a code.
- The EXTRA STAGE system present in DanceDanceRevolution was removed.
- The default characters are DREAD SNAKE and JANET. They are brand new characters.
- Four out of the six characters from DanceDanceRevolution also returned. However, KONSENTO:01 was replaced with KONSENTO:02 and OSHARE-ZUKIN with OSHARE-ZUKIN:02-san. The only characters not returning are the two DISC Beings (A & B).
- First DanceDanceRevolution game with 12th and 16th notes. DanceDanceRevolution only featured 4th and 8th notes.
- New modifiers were added such as TURN (RIGHT, LEFT and SHUFFLE), APPEARANCE (HIDDEN) and CUT (LITTLE, also known as ON1 in recent releases).
- Using LITTLE gives a score lower than playing the song normally.
- DanceDanceRevolution 2ndMIX LINK VERSION added the ALL MUSIC Play Mode, along with 5 new songs.
- The LINK VERSION includes a port for PlayStation memory cards to allow players to use Edit steps made at home in the arcade.
- The ALL MUSIC mode marks the first time that players' song choices are not restricted based on mode or stage.
- 2 of the new songs are crossover from the very first console game, DanceDanceRevolution CS (Japan). The other three songs are new licenses.
- 2ndMIX has two spin-offs: DDR 2ndMIX with beatmania IIDX CLUB VERSiON and DDR 2ndMIX AND beatmania IIDX substream CLUB VERSiON 2. Both use a similar gameplay and interface but have completely different songs.
- The original DanceDanceRevolution 2ndMIX received a HD widescreen remaster in DanceDanceRevolution X3 VS 2ndMIX in 2011.
- Total songs: 38
Full credits list: DanceDanceRevolution 2ndMIX credits.
- Director: Kazuya Takahashi
- Designer: Eiichi Yoshioka, Yukiko Mizoo, Tomohiro Ota, Takashi Inubushi, Akira Iizumi, Kanako Yonezawa
- Sound: Hideaki Shikama (Chief Music Producer), Naoki Maeda (Music Producer)
- Producer: Yoshihiko Ota
- DanceDanceRevolution 2ndMIX OST Booklet Credits
- DanceDanceRevolution 2ndMIX OST Booklet Credits (Re-release)
Full Song List
|Song||Artist||BPM||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|BAD GIRLS||Juliet Roberts||122||2||4||5||3||4|
|BOOM BOOM DOLLAR||King Kong & D.Jungle Girls||135||2||5||6||3||5|
|DUB-I-DUB||ME & MY||136||4||6||8||5||7|
|GET UP'N MOVE||S&K||132||5||7||8||6||7|
|I believe in miracles||HI-RISE||125||5||6||8||6||7|
|IF YOU WERE HERE||JENNIFER||145||5||6||7||6||7|
|SMOKE||MR.ED JUMPS THE GUN||135||3||4||6||4||5|
|stomp to my beat||JS16||134||5||6||7||5||6|
|BRILLIANT 2U (Orchestra-Groov)||NAOKI||150||5||6||7||4||5|
|MAKE IT BETTER (So-REAL Mix)||mitsu-O!SUMMER||118||5||6||8||5||7|
|PARANOiA MAX ~DIRTY MIX~||190||190||6||8||8||7||8|
|PARANOiA MAX ~DIRTY MIX~ (in roulette)||190||190||6||8||8||7||8|
|PUT YOUR FAITH IN ME||UZI-LAY||119||3||4||5||4||5|
|PUT YOUR FAITH IN ME (Jazz Groov)||UZI-LAY||119||4||5||6||5||6|
|SP-TRIP MACHINE～JUNGLE MIX～||DE-SIRE||160||6||7||8||7||8|
|STEP BATTLE Songs|
|20,NOVEMBER (D.D.R. VERSION)||N.M.R feat. DJ nagureo||130||—||—||—||—||—|
|KEEP ON MOVIN'||N.M.R||132||—||—||—||—||—|
|LET THEM MOVE||N.M.R||115||—||—||—||—||—|
|LINK VERSION Songs|
|EL RITMO TROPICAL||DIXIES GANG||133||2||6||7||4||5|
|MAKE A JAM!||U1||124||3||5||7||4||5|
|PARANOiA KCET ～clean mix～||2MB||180||6||7||8||7||8|
Codes & Unlock Information
- Dancing characters
- KONSENTO:02 (コンセント2号)、OSHARE-ZUKIN:02-san (おしゃれずきん2号さん, also known as KAERU-ZUKIN): Hold down the Left button when the game start or hold the ← foot panel when pressing the Start button.
- AFRO (アフロ), LADY (レディ): Hold down the Right button when the game start or hold the → foot panel when pressing the Start button.
- Play Styles
- SINGLE, COUPLE, VERSUS, DOUBLE: Press and hold both the Left and Right arrow and then press Start to open the style menu.
- Play Modes
- BASIC: On Play Mode, press ↑↑ on the foot panels.
- ANOTHER: On Play Mode, press ↓↓ on the foot panels.
- MANIAC: On Play Mode after doing the ANOTHER code, press ←←←→→→←→ on the foot panels.
- ALL MUSIC: On Play Mode after selecting the HARD mode, press the Right selection button four times (LINK VERSION only).
- MIRROR: During Select Music, input ←→←→←→←→ on the foot panels and then press Start.
- RIGHT: During Select Music, input →→→→→→→→ on the foot panels and then press Start.
- LEFT: During Select Music, input ←←←←←←←← on the foot panels and then press Start.
- SHUFFLE: During Select Music, input ↑↓←→↓↑→← on the foot panels and then press Start.
- HIDDEN: During Select Music, input ↑↓↑↓↑↓↑↓on the foot panels and then press Start.
- LITTLE: During Select Music, input ←↓→↓←↓→↓↑on the foot panels and then press Start.
- Cancel All (オールキャンセル): During Select Music, input ↑↑↑↑on the foot panels and then press Start.
- Normal Mode
- THAT'S THE WAY (I LIKE IT): Obtain a C rank on any song, and it will appear in the next stage.
- PUT YOUR FAITH IN ME (Jazzy Groove): Score 10,000,000 points or more on any song, and the song will replace PUT YOUR FAITH IN ME in the next stage.
- TRIP MACHINE: Obtain a S rank on any song, and the song will appear in the FINAL STAGE.
- SP-TRIP MACHINE ~JUNGLE MIX~: Obtain a SS rank on any song, and the song will appear in the FINAL STAGE.
- Hard Mode
- MAKE IT BETTER (So-REAL Mix): Obtain a S rank on any song, and the song will replace MAKE IT BETTER in the next stage.
- BRILLIANT 2U (Orchestra Groove): Obtain a SS rank on any song, and the song will replace BRILLIANT 2U in the next stage.
- PARANOiA MAX ~DIRTY MIX~: Score 30,000,000 points on any song, and the song will appear in the FINAL stage.
- PARANOiA KCET ~clean mix~: In the LINK VERSION after playing an EDIT DATA song before the FINAL STAGE, the song will replace PARANOiA.
- PARANOiA MAX ~DIRTY MIX~ (in roulette): Randomly selected when choosing ROULETTE.
- STEP BATTLE (Both original and LINK VERSIONs)
- 20,NOVEMBER (D.D.R. VERSION): Hold both 1P and 2P left panels before the song selection screen.
- KEEP ON MOVIN': Hold both 1P and 2P down panels before the song selection screen.
- LET THEM MOVE: Hold both 1P and 2P right panels before the song selection screen.
The following songs have received difficulty changes since their last appearance:
|Song||Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|HAVE YOU NEVER BEEN MELLOW||DanceDanceRevolution||-||-||5→4||3→2||4→3|
|LET'S GET DOWN||DanceDanceRevolution||-||-||7→5||4→3||7→4|
|THAT'S THE WAY (I LIKE IT)||DanceDanceRevolution||2→1||-||5→4||4→2||5→4|
|MAKE IT BETTER||DanceDanceRevolution Internet Ranking Version||5→4||6→5||8→7||-||6→7|
- DanceDanceRevolution 2ndMIX official site
- DanceDanceRevolution 2ndMIX english official site
- DanceDanceRevolution 2ndMIX LINK VERSION english official site
- This article is a stub. You can help complete this page by filling in missing information and/or by correcting any errors.