DanceDanceRevolution Solo 2000
|DanceDanceRevolution arcade releases|
|1st - 2nd (CLUB VER.1 / CLUB VER.2) - 3rd (VER.KOREA / Ver.KOREA2 / PLUS)|
|4th (PLUS) - 5th - MAX - MAX2 - EXTREME|
|SuperNOVA - SuperNOVA2 - X - X2 - X3 VS 2ndMIX - 2013 - 2014 - A - A20|
|Solo BASS - Solo 2000 - Karaoke - Karaoke 2nd - KIDS - USA|
|TRUE KiSS DESTiNATiON - DREAMS COME TRUE - Disney's RAVE|
DanceDanceRevolution Solo 2000
- Release Date: December 16th, 1999.
General Information / Changes
- Second of two games in the DanceDanceRevolution Solo spin-off series, the other being DanceDanceRevolution Solo BASS MIX.
- As the name applies, Solo is a 1-player DanceDanceRevolution game. Double mode is not playable.
- This arcade DanceDanceRevolution game has a new color scheme for notes. 4th notes are yellow, 8th notes are blue, and all other notes are purple. The SOLO (later known as RAINBOW) color scheme would become available as an option in the main series with DDRMAX.
- This is also the first arcade DanceDanceRevolution game to have an in-game options menu.
- Along with its prequel, Solo 2000 is the only DanceDanceRevolution arcade game to feature a female announcer.
- Contains three modes of play: 6-panels, which uses the traditional 4 panels plus two more panels on the upper left and right, returns from Solo BASS MIX. The traditional 4-panel mode is now also present. New to this game is 3-panel mode, where only down, up-left, and up-right show up. Additionally, pressing left activates the up-left receptor and pressing right activates the up-right receptor in 3-panel mode.
- One of the only two DanceDanceRevolution games, along with Solo BASS MIX, to feature NONSTOP MEGAMIX! mode (more detail below).
- Unlike in Solo BASS MIX, NONSTOP songs are now selectable from the regular music select screen.
- A chip system is used. Each normal song costs one chip, and each NONSTOP song costs 2 chips. If a song is failed, the game doesn't necessarily end, instead the player loses one of their remaining chips. The game ends when the player has 0 chips.
- Songs from Solo BASS received brand new charts for 3 panels and 4 panels play.
- CELEBRATE NIGHT and SEXY PLANET received brand new Single (4 panels) TRICK and MANIAC charts since their last arcade appearance in Dancing Stage featuring TRUE KiSS DESTiNATiON.
- New songs: 23
- Total songs: 45
To be updated.
Full Song List
Instead of courses, DanceDanceRevolution Solo 2000 features a megamix of songs combined into one, large song. Unlike in BASS MIX, these are playable alongside the regular songs. Each song counts as two stages. The Megamixes have never been in any CS DanceDanceRevolution release. The original 6 courses from Solo BASS MIX are still playable, along with 3 new courses made up entirely of KONAMI originals:
|3 Panels||4 Panels||6 Panels|
(DYNAMITE RAVE / CELEBRATE NITE / CAN'T STOP FALLIN' IN LOVE)
(think ya better D / TRIP MACHINE ～luv mix～ / LOVE THIS FEELIN')
(AFRONOVA / WILD RUSH / DROP OUT)
KUNG FU FIGHTING (MIAMI BOOTY MIX)'s misspelling as KUNG FU FIGHTING (MIAMI BOOTSY MIX) has been fixed.
Like in Solo BASS MIX, BRILLIANT 2U and SP-TRIP MACHINE (JUNGLE MIX) only appear in the megamix, along with DYNAMITE RAVE and AFRONOVA in Solo 2000. They are not playable in-game.
Club Tropicana is spelled in capital letters in the megamix, but not on the banner.
- DanceDanceRevolution Solo 2000 official site (archived)