BALALAIKA,CARRIED WITH THE WIND
BALALAIKA,CARRIED WITH THE WIND
Artist: Julie ann Frost
Composition/Arrangement/Guitars/Mandolin/Bass/Other Instruments/Drum Programming: Mutsuhiko Izumi
Vocals: Julie ann Frost
Recording Engineer: Masami Kenmoku, Miho Toyoda
pop'n music Genre: RUSSIAN POP (ロシアンポップ)
pop'n music Character: Ivan [9-2P]
pop'n music Background: ロシアのおみやげ (pop'n music 9)
First Music Game Appearance: GUITARFREAKS 6thMIX & drummania 5thMIX
Other Music Game Appearances:
Listen! I can hear, Carried with the wind, He's playing, sweet sound of Balalaika They say "It can't be Just fantasy He will never come back again" I'm waiting for him, because He said "Oh Natasha, my darling I'll love you forever, I swear Wait till I come back to you" Listen! Can't you hear? Carried with the wind, He came back playing Balalaika
ほら、聴こえるわ 風に乗つて 彼の弾くやさしいバラライカの音色が みんなは言うの「まさか。空耳だよ。 彼はもう戻らないさ」って でも私は待つてるわ だって 彼は言ったもの 「かわいいナターシャ、装うよ。永遠に愛している。 どうか僕の帰りを待つていておくれ」って ねえ、聴こえるでしよう、風に乗つて 彼がパラライカを弾きながら帰つてきたのよ・・・・
Listen! I can here Carried with the wind He's playing, sweet sound of Balalaika They say "It can't be Just fantasy He will never come back again" I'm waiting for him, because He said "Oh Natasha, my darling I'll love you forever, I swear Wait till I come back to you" Listen! Can't you hear? Carried with the wind, He came back playing Balalaika Many nights went by I cried over him They said "he'll never come back again" But he's come back He is back to me Tell the world he has come home I've waited for him because he said "Oh Natasha, my darling I love you forever I swear Wait till I come back to you" They say "It can't be Just fantasy He will never come back again" I'm waiting for him, because He said "Oh Natasha, my darling I'll love you forever, I swear Wait till I come back to you" Listen! Can't you hear? Carried with the wind He's come back playing Balalaika
Song Connections / Remixes
- A remix of BALALAIKA,CARRIED WITH THE WIND by Jondi & Spesh, titled Balalaika, Carried With the Wind Jondi&Spesh mix, can be found in DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX3.
- BALALAIKA,CARRIED WITH THE WIND appears on Mutsuhiko Izumi's second album, ポン太と巡る世界の音楽. Vocalist mira replaces Julie ann Frost, and the song is extended with higher pitch than the original version.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- A Japanese translation of BALALAIKA,CARRIED WITH THE WIND's lyrics can be found in the GUITARFREAKS 6th MIX & drummania 5th MIX Soundtracks booklet.
- BALALAIKA,CARRIED WITH THE WIND was added to pop'n music 9 on March 19th, 2003 via ee'MALL.
- BALALAIKA,CARRIED WITH THE WIND is available in GUITARFREAKS 10thMIX & drummania 9thMIX and GUITARFREAKS 11thMIX & drummania 10thMIX with an e-AMUSEMENT account.
- BALALAIKA,CARRIED WITH THE WIND has been made automatically available in Standard Mode as of GuitarFreaks V & DrumMania V.
- BALALAIKA,CARRIED WITH THE WIND has never been on a CS release of GuitarFreaks & DrumMania.
- Before pop'n music 14 FEVER!, BALALAIKA,CARRIED WITH THE WIND's character was KRAFT [1-2P]. Also, the banner genre was RUSSIA POP and the songwheel genre was バラライカ ("balalaika").
- BALALAIKA,CARRIED WITH THE WIND's title is shown as BALALAIKA, CARRIED WITH THE WIND (with a space before "CARRIED") in the DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX and Dancing Stage Unleashed series.
- BALALAIKA,CARRIED WITH THE WIND received a new banner in DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA.
- BALALAIKA,CARRIED WITH THE WIND was still present in the location test of DanceDanceRevolution X, with its new foot ratings.
How about a Russian-style Cossack dance? The balalaika sound is also nice.
Song Production Information
(See Lyrics section)
Julie's singing voice is so sorrowful, that you'd be surprised by this Russian-like song.
Musician's Room 3
The balalaika is a traditional Russian string instrument with a triangular-shaped body. The tremolo technqiue is a typical of this instrument, and it has a beautiful, melancholic tone. For this song, in order to express a melancholic Russian atmosphere, I changed it with mandolin and acoustic guitar, which have similar tones.
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards.
GF/DM difficulty rated from 1 to 99.
pop'n music difficulty rated from 1 to 43 through pop'n music 20 fantasia. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from Pop'n Music Fever and BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||84 / 0||109 / 22||169 / 30||227 / 17||- / - / -||118 / 20||170 / 32||230 / 17||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2 / Dancing Stage Unleashed2 DLC||N/A||2||4||6||-||3||5||6||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX3 / Dancing Stage Unleashed3 DLC||N/A||2||4||6||-||3||5||6||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX4 DLC||N/A||2||4||6||-||3||5||6||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution / Dancing Stage SuperNOVA CS||1||3||5||6||-||3||5||6||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution X location test||2||4||7||9||-||4||7||9||-|
GuitarFreaks & DrumMania
|GF8/dm7 power-up ver.||22||27||↓69||↓16||40||↑53||↓29||↓37||-||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 9→13 カーニバル (via ee'MALL)||7||13||29||33||11||18|
|pop'n music 14 FEVER!→16 PARTY♪||7||13||29||33||11||18|
|pop'n music 14 FEVER! CS||7||13||29||33||11||18|