Composition/Arrangement: Toshiyuki Kakuta
Genre: HARD DANCE
VJ: Fukutomi WAVE (video and overlays)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- Blue stragglers are main sequence stars in open or globular clusters that are more luminous and bluer than stars at the main sequence turn-off point for the cluster.
- A mermaid character appears in BLUE STRAGGLER's overlays.
- In BLUE STRAGGLER's movie, several Latin phrases are seen (in order of appearance):
- Verum cur non audimus? (Why do we not listen to the truth?)
- Veritas numquam perit. (Truth is never lost.)
- Veritas vos liberabit. (The truth will set you free.)
- Astra non mentiuntur. (The stars will not lie.)
- Ubi spiritus est cantus est. (Where there is a soul, there is a song.)
- Nil desperandum. (Do not despair.)
- Alea jacta est. (The die has been cast.)
- Suggestio veri, suggestio falsi. (A suggestion of truth, a suggestion of falsehood.)
- Exitus acta probat. (The outcome justifies the deed.)
- Age quod agis. (Do well what you do.)
- Fortes fortuna juvat. (Fortune favors the brave.)
- Quod erat demonstrandum. (That which was to be proved.)
- At the end of the video, this last sentence is abbreviated to "Q.E.D.". Afterwards, the letter "Q" is replaced with a "L", ultimately forming the word "L.E.D.".
- BLUE STRAGGLER is one of the bistro saucer 2nd Set unlocks of jubeat saucer. It could be unlocked from November 1st to 30th, 2012.
- In jubeat saucer fulfill, it can be unlocked as part of saucer macchiato's Side Menu from April 23rd, 2014.
- In jubeat prop, it can be unlocked by playing it as a BONUS TUNE from May 28th, 2015.
- In jubeat Qubell, it is one of the Garnet unlocks of the dig dig Qubell unlocking system.
- In jubeat clan, it can be unlocked in the jubeat SHOP.
- In jubeat festo, it can be purchased at the emo MART.
- The beatmania IIDX charts of BLUE STRAGGLER are known for their strange judgment timing for reasons currently unknown.
- In the U.S./EU iTunes version of the beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK Vol.1 album, BLUE STRAGGLER is spelled as Blue Straggler.
- BLUE STRAGGLER was removed from jubeat saucer on June 1st, 2013. It was later revived on July 22nd, 2013.
- It was removed again on October 1st, 2013. It was revived again on January 6th, 2013.
Song Production Information
Video Production Information
＜Q＞Suggestio veri, suggestio falsi
＜A＞Sic itur ad astra
Difficulty & Notecounts
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro→Present||-||4||7||10||4||8||10|
|jubeat plus (Android)||5||9||10|