Be Rock U (1998 burst style)
Be Rock U (1998 burst style)
Composition/Arrangement: Naoki Maeda
Lyrics: Londell "Taz" Hicks, jun
Vocals: DIGICCO (beatmania IIDX 9th style→20 tricoro, INFINITAS), jun (beatmania IIDX 9th style CS)
Genre: ULTRA ROCK BEAT
VJ: VJ GYO
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 9th style
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Listen to my HYPER-BEAT in 1998 衝撃の波が押し寄せ 眠る鼓動 呼び覚ました 戻れない Be Rock U Listen to my HYPER-BEAT in 1998 強いー筋の光線が 闇を裂いて 誘うままに走った Be Rock U この魂を 解き放った ･･････ 自由なのか? 孤独なのか? Yes! I can get the HYPER-BEAT in 2003 強いー筋の光線が 今 新たな 進化型を導き出している ･･････
Listen to my HYPER-BEAT in 1998 shougeki no nami ga oshiyose nemuru kodou yobisamashita modorenai Be Rock U Listen to my HYPER-BEAT in 1998 tsuyoii suji no hikari ga yami wo saite izanau mama ni hashitta Be Rock U kono kokoro wo tokihanatta...... jiyuuna no ka? kodokuna no ka? Yes! I can get the HYPER-BEAT in 2003 tsuyoii suji no hikari ga ima aratana shinkakei wo michibikidashite iru......
Song Connections / Remixes
- Be Rock U (1998 burst style) is a remake of NAOKI's 1998, from DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME.
- Be Rock U (1998 burst style) is part of NAOKI's B-U series.
- Be Rock U (1998 burst style) received new vocals by Junko Karashima in beatmania IIDX 9th style CS.
- Be Rock U (1998 burst style) is performed by the four girl unit, (Tomomi Kohno, Rie Kito, Keiko Ishigami, and Asuka Tanaka), named DIGICCO (デジっ娘) who are artists outside of BEMANI and have 3 singles of their own, and who have become the official campaign girls for the sports company Dunlop. Official website with more information at: Digicco.com.
- Tomomi Kohno and Rie Kito would afterwards provide some vocals for BEMANI under the Tomomi and ЯIRE aliases respectively.
- "Be Rock U" can also be read as "be roku u". "Roku" (六) means "six", therefore the title can also be read as "B6U".
- Besides providing lyrics/vocals for some Naoki Maeda songs, Londell "Taz" Hicks also was the announcer voice for some DanceDanceRevolution titles.
- Be Rock U (1998 burst style) was still playable during the location test of beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA. It was removed from the final version of the game.
- The original Be Rock U (1998 burst style) sung by DIGICCO did not appear in a CS beatmania IIDX release until beatmania IIDX INFINITAS.
- Additionally, the jun version of Be Rock U (1998 burst style) cannot be found on any beatmania IIDX soundtrack.
- Be Rock U (1998 burst style) was supposed to appear in the cancelled game カラオケレボリューション BEMANIシリーズセレクション.
- Be Rock U (1998 burst style) is unlockable in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS from April 5th, 2017, after purchasing its NORMAL, HYPER, and ANOTHER charts for 4000, 7000, and 4500 BITs respectively.
Song Production Information
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 7+ in 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in 11 IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 from 12 HAPPY SKY onwards.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 9th style→11 IIDX RED||-||4||7||N/A||-||4||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→20 tricoro||-||4||7||9||-||4||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 9th style CS||-||4||7||7||-||4||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||4||7||9||-||4||7||-||-|
|NAOKI's B-U series|
|BRILLIANT 2U - B4U - Be Rock U (1998 burst style)|