Artist: Satoru Shionoya + Satoshi Tomiie
Composition/Lyrics: Maurice White
Arrangement: Satoshi Tomiie
Vocals: Harumi Tsuyuzaki
Piano/Synths/Chorus: Satoru Shionoya
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 2nd style
Other Music Game Appearances: None
Can you feel my love? Can you see the flames?
Song Connections / Remixes
- Brazilian Rhyme is a house cover of the original Brazilian Rhyme, originally written by Earth, Wind, and Fire in 1977.
- Brazilian Rhyme is a mixture of two different songs - Brazilian Rhyme (The Anthem), credited to Satoru Shionoya feat. Harumi Tsuyuzaki, and Satoru's Saltstrumental mix, combining the vocals of the former with the music from the latter.
- A different cut of Brazilian Rhyme, Brazilian Rhyme [House Mix], appears on Satoru Shionoya's 1997 album, SALT III.
- According to the manuals for DanceDanceRevolution KONAMIX and DDRMAX: DanceDanceRevolution, Satoshi Tomiie is one of dj TAKA's favorite music producers. This might be the reason why Brazilian Rhyme was around until beatmania IIDX 5th style, while every other license introduced in 2nd style was removed by 4th style.
- The salt shaker miss overlay in Brazilian Rhyme is a reference to Satoru Shionoya's 1997 album, SALT III.
- Brazilian Rhyme received LIGHT charts in beatmania IIDX 3rd style.
- Brazilian Rhyme cannot be found on any beatmania IIDX soundtrack.
Song Production Information
When you first hear this song, it might give you goosebumps. The jazzy classical piano sound of Satoru Shionoya is combined together with Satoshi Tomiie's house music to make a very exquisite song. To not ruin such a good song, I aimed for the finest finishing point in the limited space for songs we have. Also, if the player misses during the song, you'll see something interesting happen.
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 6 in 2nd style, and 1 to 7 through 5th style.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 2nd style||-||-||5||-||-||5||-|
|beatmania IIDX 3rd style→4th style||-||4||5||-||4||5||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style||-||4||5||-||↑5||↑7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 3rd style CS||-||4||5||-||4||5||-|