Artist: 朱雀 VS 玄武
Composition/Arrangement: Suzaku, Genbu
BPM: 83-185 (beatmania IIDX), 82-185 (SOUND VOLTEX)
Genre: ESOTERIC SPEEDCORE
VJ: F-FLY (overlays by GOLI)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- Like every 朱雀 song, 卑弥呼 also has the characteristic 朱雀 loud guitar sound.
- 卑弥呼 is the ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE song of beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS' EMPRESS PLACE.
- Himiko (or Pimiko) was a shaman queen of Yamataikoku in ancient Wa (Japan).
- As it was the case with the ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE songs since beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY, the arcade LED marquee displays a special message when 卑弥呼 is played as ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE: "WELCOME TO MY COUNTRY 'YAMATAIKOKU'". This is a reference to Himiko's origin.
- Originally, this was misspelled as "WELCOME TO MY CONTRY 'YAMATAIKOKU'". This was fixed in the January 6th, 2009 update.
- According to the game files, the name of the golden creature appearing in 卑弥呼's overlays is Orochi. In Japanese mythology, Orochi is an 8-headed and 8-tailed dragon slain by the Shinto god Susanoo.
- 卑弥呼's genre, ESOTERIC SPEEDCORE, has no connections with the speedcore genre. Instead, it is a play on Ganymede's genre, ESOTERIC SLOWCORE.
- 卑弥呼 marks the first collaboration between Yoshitaka Nishimura and Jun Wakita in BEMANI.
- It is also the first and only collaboration between two CARDINAL GATE artists from beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD.
- It is also the first song under Yoshitaka's 朱雀 alias that is not linked to the story of Vanessa de Verdet.
- The comments of videos featuring 卑弥呼 were considered an inside joke.
- 卑弥呼 has appeared as the 3rd STAGE in every Single Play Kaiden course in the arcade beatmania IIDX titles since it was introduced in beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS.
- 卑弥呼 received Black ANOTHER charts in beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST.
- 卑弥呼 was added to beatmania IIDX INFINITAS on November 9th, 2016 as part of the November 2016 Basic Subscription Monthly Songs.
- From August 2017, it can be purchased with BITs.
- 卑弥呼 is one of the unlocks of the POLICY BREAK event. For more information on the dates it can be unlocked in the SOUND VOLTEX series, please see the event page.
Song Production Information
Because I am just a turtle...
(Hey, do you know?)
(Birds can fly! I CAN FLY!)
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
SOUND VOLTEX difficulty rated from 1 to 20 from IV HEAVENLY HAVEN onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd, SOUND VOLTEX @ wiki, and Textage.cc.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS→Present||-||6||11||12||-||7||11||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||3||6||11||12||12||7||11||12||12|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||6||11||12||-||7||11||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||6||11||12||-||-||-||-||-|
|Jacket Artists||G (designed by Q)||G (designed by Q)||G (designed by Q)||G (designed by Q)||-|
|SOUND VOLTEX VIVID WAVE→Present||7||14||17||19||-|
|EMPRESS PLACE||Kung-fu Empire - Arabian Rave Night - Marie Antoinette|
|EMPRESS PLACE ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE||卑弥呼|