LUV CAN SAVE U
- 1 LUV CAN SAVE U
- 1.1 Song Information
- 1.2 Lyrics
- 1.3 Song Connections / Remixes
- 1.4 Trivia
- 1.5 Song Production Information
- 1.6 Video Production Information
- 1.7 Difficulty & Notecounts
LUV CAN SAVE U
Artist: HIDEKI NAGANUMA
Composition/Arrangement: Hideki Naganuma
Genre: NEO 80's EURO ELECTRO
VJ: Fukutomi WAVE (overlays by NAGI)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro
Other Music Game Appearances:
- DanceEvolution ARCADE
- DANCERUSH STARDOM
- jubeat saucer
- jubeat plus / jubeat plus (Android) saucer pack 05
- jukebeat KONAMI music pack 29
Cool bed Do you really think love can save you? I never choose a party in your stupid game Do you really think love can save you? I don't know what you're lookin' for My heart is on fire but my blood is frozen Everybody loves me but you Love me my dear But just don't touch Everybody loves me but you And a broken heart is all I got Cool bed Do you really think love can save you? I never choose a party in your stupid game Do you really think love can save you? I don't need this no more Everybody, -verybody, -verybody Everybody, -verybody Everybody loves me but you Love me my dear. But just don't touch Everybody loves me but you And a broken heart, broken heart is all I got So tell it, girls Yo, I don't need this no more Cool bed
Song Connections / Remixes
- The "Do you really think love can save you" vocal sample was used in an earlier beatmania IIDX song, route 80s.
- A long version of LUV CAN SAVE U, titled LUV CAN SAVE U [luv can extend u mix], appears on the beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK album.
- LUV CAN SAVE U marks Hideki Naganuma's debut in BEMANI.
- In beatmania IIDX, if a AAA rank is obtained, an alternate image will show up at the end of LUV CAN SAVE U, like in Round and Round.
- LUV CAN SAVE U is one of the bistro saucer 2nd Set unlocks of jubeat saucer. It could be unlocked from November 1st to 30th, 2012.
- In jubeat saucer fulfill, it can be unlocked as part of saucer macchiato's Side Menu from April 23rd, 2014.
- In jubeat prop, it can be unlocked by playing it as a BONUS TUNE from May 28th, 2015.
- In jubeat Qubell, it is one of the Garnet unlocks of the dig dig Qubell unlocking system.
- In jubeat clan, it can be unlocked in the jubeat SHOP.
- In jubeat festo, it can be purchased at the emo MART.
- LUV CAN SAVE U was removed from jubeat saucer on April 1st, 2013, and it was later revived on May 20th, 2013.
- It was removed again on September 1st, 2013. It was revived again on October 28th, 2013.
- In the U.S./EU iTunes version of the beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK Vol.1 album, LUV CAN SAVE U and HIDEKI NAGANUMA are spelled as Luv Can Save U and Hideki Naganuma.
- LUV CAN SAVE U is the CHALLENGE7 unlock of DanceEvolution ARCADE's CHALLENGE category (CHALLENGEカテゴリー) unlocking system.
- LUV CAN SAVE U received † charts in beatmania IIDX 24 SINOBUZ. These charts can be unlocked by clearing the 80'S EXPERT course.
- As of beatmania IIDX 25 CANNON BALLERS, these charts are available by default.
- LUV CAN SAVE U is one of the 2 Players/みんなでBATTLE exclusive songs in DANCERUSH STARDOM. It was available for play from July 13th to 16th, 2018.
- It was available again from July 20th to 22nd, 2018.
- It was available again from July 27th to 29th, 2018.
- It was available again from August 3rd to 5th, 2018.
- It is permanently available from August 17th, 2018 (though it is still limited to 2 Players/みんなでBATTLE).
- From September 10th, 2018, it is available for all modes.
- For unknown reasons, LUV CAN SAVE U was unable to be recorded using DANCERUSH STARDOM's in-game feature until July 18th, 2018.
- LUV CAN SAVE U is available in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS as part of the beatmania IIDX INFINITAS 楽曲パック vol.5.
Song Production Information
In my teenage years, I listened to a lot of 80s Eurobeat, which really influenced my musical style.
So, hearing that the musical style was making a comeback, I decided to make a Neo 80s song to my taste.
While I wanted to express a feeling of nostalgia, I also wanted to use modern musical creations and arrangements.
I used the key of A minor to express the feeling of loneliness, and then change it to the major key only for a moment.
The four lines in the chorus, particularly the line in the chorus "Broken Heart", work really well with the rhythm of the song.
I think that I have finished a suitable song for a music game like beatmania IIDX 20.
Video Production Information
From the moment that I heard this song, I was impressed and felt drawn towards it.
Whoa, I think it was very cool!
So I started to imagine what animation to make and I kept thinking about a character battling against an enemy winning and losing....
And as the story started to come together, I started becoming more excited and said "Yes! Let's make an animation!"
And the results....
Animators are gods (-゛-；)
I really wanted to do more for the animation than what I could actually put in the actual movie, so next time, I'll try to be more devoted to my work.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
DanceEvolution difficulty rated from 1 to 5.
DANCERUSH difficulty rated from 1 to 10.
jubeat to clan difficulty rated from 1 to 10, and 1 to 10.9 from festo onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from jubeat@Wiki and BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro→Present||-||3||7||9||3||6||10|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||3||7||9||3||6||10|
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|Notecounts / Charge Notes||-||-||-||1409 / 12||-||-||1644 / 0|
|beatmania IIDX 24 SINOBUZ→Present||-||-||-||10||-||-||11|
|Game||1 Player||2 Players|
(241 / 241)
(386 / 386)
|jubeat plus (Android)||4||8||9|
|DanceEvolution ARCADE CHALLENGEカテゴリー|
| Watch Out Pt.2 - 轟け！恋のビーンボール！！ - Sakura Sunrise - Little Star - 罪と罰 - Reaching for the Stars - LUV CAN SAVE U - Kind Lady - Gimme a Big Beat|
Din Don Dan - I'm so Happy - 無双 - Settin' the Scene - 朱と碧のランページ - Special One