LUV CAN SAVE U
- 1 LUV CAN SAVE U
- 1.1 Song Information
- 1.2 Lyrics
- 1.3 Song Connections / Remixes
- 1.4 Trivia
- 1.5 Song Production Information
- 1.6 Video Production Information
- 1.7 Difficulty & Notecounts
LUV CAN SAVE U
Artist: HIDEKI NAGANUMA
Composition/Arrangement: Hideki Naganuma
Genre: NEO 80's EURO ELECTRO
VJ: Fukutomi WAVE (overlays by NAGI)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro
Other Music Game Appearances:
- DanceEvolution ARCADE
- DANCERUSH STARDOM
- jubeat saucer
- jubeat plus / jubeat plus (Android) saucer pack 05
- jukebeat KONAMI music pack 29
Song Connections / Remixes
- The "Do you really think love can save you" vocal sample was used in an earlier beatmania IIDX song, route 80s.
- A long version of LUV CAN SAVE U, titled LUV CAN SAVE U [luv can extend u mix], appears on the beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK album.
- LUV CAN SAVE U marks Hideki Naganuma's debut in BEMANI.
- In beatmania IIDX, if a AAA rank is obtained, an alternate image will show up at the end of LUV CAN SAVE U, like in Round and Round.
- LUV CAN SAVE U is one of the bistro saucer 2nd Set unlocks of jubeat saucer. It could be unlocked from November 1st to 30th, 2012.
- In jubeat saucer fulfill, it can be unlocked as part of saucer macchiato's Side Menu from April 23rd, 2014.
- In jubeat prop, it can be unlocked by playing it as a BONUS TUNE from May 28th, 2015.
- In jubeat Qubell, it is one of the Garnet unlocks of the dig dig Qubell unlocking system.
- In jubeat clan, it can be unlocked in the jubeat SHOP.
- LUV CAN SAVE U was removed from jubeat saucer on April 1st, 2013, and it was later revived on May 20th, 2013.
- It was removed again on September 1st, 2013. It was revived again on October 28th, 2013.
- In the U.S./EU iTunes version of the beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK Vol.1 album, LUV CAN SAVE U and HIDEKI NAGANUMA are spelled as Luv Can Save U and Hideki Naganuma.
- LUV CAN SAVE U is the CHALLENGE7 unlock of DanceEvolution ARCADE's CHALLENGE category (CHALLENGEカテゴリー) unlocking system.
- LUV CAN SAVE U received † charts in beatmania IIDX 24 SINOBUZ. These charts can be unlocked by clearing the 80'S EXPERT course.
- As of beatmania IIDX 25 CANNON BALLERS, these charts are available by default.
- LUV CAN SAVE U is one of the 2 Players/みんなでBATTLE exclusive songs in DANCERUSH STARDOM. It was available for play from July 13th to 16th, 2018.
- It was available again from July 20th to 22nd, 2018.
- It was available again from July 27th to 29th, 2018.
- It was available again from August 3rd to 5th, 2018.
- It is permanently available from August 17th, 2018 (though it is still limited to 2 Players/みんなでBATTLE).
- For unknown reasons, LUV CAN SAVE U was unable to be recorded using DANCERUSH STARDOM's in-game feature until July 18th, 2018.
Song Production Information
In my teenage years, I listened to a lot of 80s Eurobeat, which really influenced my musical style.
So, hearing that the musical style was making a comeback, I decided to make a Neo 80s song to my taste.
While I wanted to express a feeling of nostalgia, I also wanted to use modern musical creations and arrangements.
I used the key of A minor to express the feeling of loneliness, and then change it to the major key only for a moment.
The four lines in the chorus, particularly the line in the chorus "Broken Heart", work really well with the rhythm of the song.
I think that I have finished a suitable song for a music game like beatmania IIDX 20.
Video Production Information
From the moment that I heard this song, I was impressed and felt drawn towards it.
Whoa, I think it was very cool!
So I started to imagine what animation to make and I kept thinking about a character battling against an enemy winning and losing....
And as the story started to come together, I started becoming more excited and said "Yes! Let's make an animation!"
And the results....
Animators are gods (-゛-；)
I really wanted to do more for the animation than what I could actually put in the actual movie, so next time, I'll try to be more devoted to my work.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
DanceEvolution difficulty rated from 1 to 5.
DANCERUSH difficulty rated from 1 to 10.
jubeat difficulty rated from 1 to 10. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from jubeat@Wiki and BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro→Present||-||3||7||9||3||6||10|
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|Notecounts / Charge Notes||-||-||-||1409 / 12||-||-||1644 / 0|
|beatmania IIDX 24 SINOBUZ→Present||-||-||-||10||-||-||11|
|Game||1 Player||2 Players|
(241 / 241)
(386 / 386)
|jubeat plus (Android)||4||8||9|
|DanceEvolution ARCADE CHALLENGEカテゴリー|
| Watch Out Pt.2 - 轟け！恋のビーンボール！！ - Sakura Sunrise - Little Star - 罪と罰 - Reaching for the Stars - LUV CAN SAVE U - Kind Lady - Gimme a Big Beat|
Din Don Dan - I'm so Happy - 無双 - Settin' the Scene - 朱と碧のランページ - Special One
- This article is a stub. You can help complete this page by filling in missing information and/or by correcting any errors.