Line 4 Ruin
Line 4 Ruin
Genre: ELECTRO TECH
VJ: 板垣聖一(IMAGICA) (location test), alo (final release)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- Line 4 Ruin is similar to an earlier Ryu☆ song, Illusion, from GAME MUSIC PRAYER and his seventh album, Seventh Heaven.
- According to Ryu☆, Line 4 Ruin was made as an answer song to Narcissus At Oasis -Ekho At Ruin Mix-, wac's remix of his beatmania IIDX 10th style song Narcissus At Oasis that had earlier appeared on Ryu☆'s first album starmine.
- A long version of Line 4 Ruin, titled Line 4 Ruin(STARLiGHT Mix), can be found on Ryu☆'s compilation album, Ryu☆BEST -STARLiGHT-.
- A remix of Line 4 Ruin by kors k, titled Line 4 Ruin (kors k Remix), can also be found on Ryu☆BEST -STARLiGHT-.
- A remix of Line 4 Ruin by こふ, titled Line 4 Ruin -kohumix-, appears in SOUND VOLTEX IV HEAVENLY HAVEN.
- Line 4 Ruin had a generic video in the location test of beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL. It received its own unique video in the final release.
- Line 4 Ruin marks Ryutaro Nakahara's first new beatmania IIDX song under his Ryu☆ alias on a game's new default songlist since passionate fate in beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem.
- Line 4 Ruin is the first beatmania IIDX song under the ELECTRO TECH genre since Mind Mapping back in beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS.
- Line 4 Ruin is available in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS as part of the beatmania IIDX INFINITAS 楽曲パック vol.8.
Song Production Information
This is the first time since Mind Mapping that I have gone into the genre of ELECTRO TECH.
While I experimented some bass beats with the previous song, I focused more on the production this time around.
I decided to focus more on the EDM area for this song, stacking more synths together while adding more deeper synth melodies and arpeggio runs, adding more filters to make it more dramatic.
The tiny little chiptune added in the middle of the song expresses a sense of ruin, which I am proud of doing.
By the way, this song is an answer back to wac's arrangement of Narcissus At Oasis, entitled Narcissus At Oasis -Ekho At Ruin Mix-, although a bit more reserved.
Narcissus At Oasis
Narcissus At Oasis -Ekho At Ruin Mix-
Line 4 Ruin
I've listened to Ruin and I feel 300% better after the song.
Please play this song.
Video Production Information
Although I first wanted to present the theme of a royal road with a line flowing from one end to another, I decided to finish this line with a different feel, and to twist it into my own.
I think, however, that I went a bit overboard and went ahead of myself in making this video...
While making this video, Minako Endo gave me the idea of putting in the figure in the chair for the last part of the video.
I was willing to ask for her help, and am thankful for her assistance.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL location test||-||4||9||11||-||5||9||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL→Present||-||4||9||11||-||↑6||9||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||4||9||11||-||6||9||11||-|