Artist: Orange Lounge
Composition/Arrangement: Tomosuke Funaki
Lyrics/Vocals: Shizue Tokui
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 7th style
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
J'entends ta voix douce qui appelle mon nom Où est-il? Je me demande L'éclat d'orange m'aveugle et voilà je te trouve à côté Nous sentons le vent tendre qui sent bon Le temps est ralenti Je t'ensorcelle, tu m'en veux pas Tu ne pourrais pas retourner Regarde-moi dans ce tourbillon Ecoute-moi dans ce tourbillon
I hear your soft voice calling my name Where is he? I wonder The flash of orange blinds me and I find myself at your side We feel a nice-smelling, gentle wind Time is slowed down I enchant you, you do not want me You cannot return Look at me in this whirlwind Listen to me in this whirlwind
Song Connections / Remixes
- A re-arranged instrumental version of Marmalade Reverie appears on TOMOSUKE's first album, marble.
- Marmalade Reverie appears as part of the medley pot-pourri d'marmalade in GUITARFREAKS 10thMIX & drummania 9thMIX.
- Marmalade Reverie shares samples with LOVE SO GROOVY ～SLEEP MIX～, from beatmania CORE REMIX.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- Marmalade Reverie marks TOMOSUKE's first original song in the beatmania IIDX series.
- It also the first original song sung by Shizue Tokui in beatmania IIDX as well.
- Marmalade Reverie's video features Orange Lounge video characters Tart&Toffee.
- Marmalade Reverie received a brand-new Double ANOTHER chart in beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST. This chart was added to the arcade in beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro.
- Marmalade Reverie is unlockable in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS from July 4th, 2018, after purchasing its NORMAL, HYPER, and ANOTHER charts with BITs.
Song Production Information
Yeye is a French musical movement that flourished in the 60s; it's basically a chanson with a strong beat. I aimed for a more mature sound for this song by taking that style as a base and adding in jazz and bossa nova elements. You probably can't tell as well while playing the game, but I was really fanatical about manually layering the sounds that compose this track up one by one. By the way, about the title "Marmalade Reverie". It came from a crazy image I had of a scenery made from an orange spiral pattern that sucked in my consciousness as I faced the center of the spiral.
Video Production Information
Eating and eating. Spy-movie style. Finally, carts full of marmalade. The girls run down the highway, and at last we reach the next Orange Lounge movie. First of all, the title is no good. A young girl's heart is week against the cuteness of jelly-shaped foods. When I heard the title I was sucked right into that sort of world. I can't stay there any longer.
These two young girls are making an appearance here yet again, but I'm also happy about their debut in GF7/DM6. Orange Lounge / T-san and F-san, thank you.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 7+ in 7th through 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in 11 IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 in 12 HAPPY SKY.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style→11 IIDX RED||-||4||5||N/A||-||6||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→19 Lincle||-||4||5||7||-||6||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro→24 SINOBUZ||-||4||5||7||-||6||7||9||-|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style CS||3||4||5||5||-||6||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||※2||4||5||7||-||6||7||9||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||4||5||7||-||6||7||9||-|
※ Denotes chart has been revised from the older BEGINNER chart (total notes: 187).