Some vocal samples can be heard.
Song Connections / Remixes
- A short fragment of minimalian is played in loop on beatmania IIDX 5th style CS Arcade Mode Select and Survival Menu screens.
- minimalian shares a vocal sample with ON THE JAZZ, from DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX CS.
- minimalian received ANOTHER charts in beatmania IIDX 9th style.
- minimalian's Double ANOTHER chart is Akira Yamaoka's only chart rated level 12 in beatmania IIDX.
- minimalian's overlays were removed from the beatmania IIDX arcade games as of beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro due to technical issues.
- minimalian is unlockable in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS from May 2nd, 2017, after purchasing its NORMAL, HYPER, and ANOTHER charts for 3000, 8500, and 10500 BITs respectively.
Song Production Information
I think real minimal songs aren't so great for game play in beatmania *g* But when you add lots of different sounds, you have something that's no longer really "minimal", and if you decrease the activity, it's not so great for game play. What can you do? *g* I tried to find a suitable middle ground when making this track. What do you all think of it? In any case, all that really matters is whether you have fun playing it.
Video Production Information
Akira Yamaoka's comments above echo a point of dispute that occured during song selection time. Goli and I thought it would be a great hit, so we said, "Yeah! You should make it!" But a lot of people were going "Umm" with funny looks on their faces. Still, as might have been expected, we came to understand the difficulties in converting the song to the game. I think everyone has a vague idea of what songs in beatmania, and more specifically IIDX, should sound like, but rather than happening spontaneously, this has come about due to the careful guidance of the sound director. 4th style was Akira Yamaoka-san's first time creating music for IIDX, but it's amazing how he's been able to take advantage of the various merits and charms of several different genres in the game. Each is communicated quite well, without mixing in from the others, and it makes the game that much better.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX to 10th style difficulty rated from 1 to 7+ (up to 9th style) or 8 (10th style), from 1 to 8+ in IIDX RED, and from 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 4th style→5th style||-||3||7||-||3||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 9th style→11 IIDX RED||-||3||7||N/A||3||7||N/A|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→Present||-||3||↑8||9||3||↑9||12|
|beatmania IIDX 4th style CS||-||3||7||-||3||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 9th style CS||-||3||7||7||3||7||7|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||3||8||9||3||9||12|