Reaching for the Stars
Reaching for the Stars
Composition/Arrangement/Fender Rhodes Mark-V/Other Instruments: Tomosuke Funaki
Guitars: Kozo Nakamura (DanceEvolution, GF/DM), Kozo Nakamura and PON (pop'n music)
Recording Engineer: Miho Toyoda
pop'n music Genre: ACID JAZZ (アシッドジャズ)
pop'n music Character: Mary [15-1P]
Movie: はぐ (illustrations by 上田バロン)
First Music Game Appearance: GUITARFREAKS 11thMIX & drummania 10thMIX
Other Music Game Appearances:
Walking down through the street Heading to the wind with pride To begin another busy day and meet the world Give me Challenges to take Puzzles to be solved Decisions to be made All done so perfectly with case Like a breeze The secret of success is mine When the days is over for the night (and the lights are darkened out with ink) And the moon's in charge of the sky (you can see the stars so sparkling) I'm gliding down the road up high (and it feels so much like flying) To recharge my energy and soul (for another day) Into the night Come with me to set yourself free Into the night Why not dance the night away Into the night Don't forget to believe in yourself Into the night Life is reaching for the stars
Walking down through the street Heading to the wind with pride To begin another busy day and meet the world Give me Challenges to take Puzzles to be solved Decisions to be made All done so perfectly with case Like a breeze The secret of success is mine When the days is over for the night (and the lights are darkened out with ink) And the moon's in charge of the sky (you can see the stars so sparkling) I'm gliding down the road up high (and it feels so much like flying) To recharge my energy and soul (for another day) Into the night Come with me to set yourself free Into the night Why not dance the night away Into the night Don't forget to believe in yourself Into the night Life is reaching for the stars Into the night Come with me to set yourself free Into the night Why not dance the night away Into the night Don't forget to believe in yourself Into the night Life is reaching for the stars
Song Connections / Remixes
- A downtempo remix of Reaching for the Stars by DJ Yoshitaka appears on TOMOSUKE's marble album.
- According to staff member PON, he had to re-perform parts of the guitar of Reaching for the Stars for pop'n music, as the original guitar stems for the song were partially lost (the remaining sound data was obtained from DJ Yoshitaka's PC).
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- The woman in Reaching for the Stars' video and graphics is named Betty.
- Reaching for the Stars was performed at THE GITADO LIVE -BEMANI 10th Anniversary memorial event- concert in 2007.
- Reaching for the Stars is available in GuitarFreaksXG2 & DrumManiaXG2 as part of the Group Wai-Wai Campaign (5/23/2011) for groups consisting of at least 4 members.
- Reaching for the Stars is one of the TOWN1 unlocks in pop'n music 19 TUNE STREET's TOWN MODE.
- Once unlocked in pop'n music 19 TUNE STREET, Reaching for the Stars can be purchased in the TOWN MODE CD shop for 900 TP.
- Reaching for the Stars was supposed to appear in the cancelled game カラオケレボリューション BEMANIシリーズセレクション.
- Reaching for the Stars is the CHALLENGE6 unlock of DanceEvolution ARCADE's CHALLENGE category (CHALLENGEカテゴリー) unlocking system.
- It received a different jacket in DanceEvolution ARCADE.
- Reaching for the Stars (CLASSIC) could be unlocked in GITADORA EXCHAIN as one of the GF&DM CHRONICLE 2013～2018 songs from July 31st, 2019, by playing six credits.
- Reaching for the Stars and its CLASSIC charts are available in コナステ GITADORA as part of the コナステ GITADORA HISTORYパック vol.6.
Song Production Information
This is a sort of spiritual JAZZ SOUL that is meant to played at a certain blue-colored club in the now defunct Minami Aoyama area.
I aimed to create an adult sound based on the rhythm of the rare groove sound that may have been the origin of drum'n bass or the jazzmen of the 70's who experimented with drum'n bass.
It's called "human-powered drum'n bass".
I came up with the phrase for the guitar solo in the middle, and if this wouldn't be a Gitadora song, this part would have featured a tenor sax instead without hesitation.
So the solo also has sax-like rhythms.
So, please play it like you'd have played a sax. Bubebebebe.
The vocalist, serena, got this song just right in one or two takes.
It was the same as with Twinkle Star.
Really........ She's amazing! So great.
And this song also has the heart-thumping magical seduction instrument, FENDER RHODES. Of course.
Video Production Information
The genre I was in charge of this time was (J?)R&B. This song is not too maniacal, and I think it's very easy to get into and listen to.
The version I was listening to at the time of production was a beta version, and I think it will be much better when the vocals are added.
I usually listen to R&B and HIPHOP from other countries, so the atmosphere of the clip was perfect for my illustration image.
■ Clip setting ------
The main character in this clip is a black lady who loves to dance. I didn't think of her name specifically, but let's call her "Betty-chan" because she has kind of a chubby mouth.
I also didn't think of names for the other four handsome men.
Hagu was a little disappointed that there was no guy with glasses. In the production stage, I had skinheads and light-colored glasses guys, but it became too sophisticated looking, so I opted for a wilder image here.
Also, I was very particular about her poses, so please enjoy them as well.
For this song, I was in charge of creating the storyboards, the clip, and porting it to the game.
The highlight of this clip would have to be the four handsome guys that Baron drew! Reverse Harem Pantsai!
Personally, I like the sleepy-eyed guy in the knit hat.
However, as a believer of good looking glasses, I can't help but regret that there were no good looking glasses guys in the movie....
Anyways, most of the movies that I've been in charge of have an ending, but this clip does not. (Uh, I guess)
I tried my best to make this clip as stylish as possible, while trying hard to suppress my desire to goof off!
Difficulty & Notecounts
DanceEvolution difficulty rated from 1 to 5.
GF/DM difficulty rated from 1 to 99.
GF/DM XG and GITADORA difficulty rated from 0.00 to 9.99.
pop'n music difficulty rated from 1 to 43 through pop'n music 20 fantasia, and 1 to 50 from Sunny Park onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd and GITADORA Rating Sources.)
|Dancer||デイジー(CLUB) / デイヴ(POP)|
GuitarFreaks & DrumMania
|GF/DM MASTERPIECE SILVER||24||55||75||36||48||67||31||39||-||37||50||69|
XG & GITADORA Series
|GITADORA Tri-Boost Re:EVOLVE||↓4.15||↑6.20||↑7.75||-||↓2.70||↓4.80||↓6.40||-||↑2.50||↓4.35||↓5.75||-|
|pop'n music 19 TUNE STREET→20 fantasia||13||19||31||37||11||18|
|pop'n music Sunny Park→Present||-||25||37||43||11||18|
|TOWN MODE unlockable songs|
|TOWN1||Beyond the Ocean - Chat! Chat! Chat! - Linear Locomotive Love - moffing - Reaching for the Stars - smooooch・∀・|
The post-girl in a hat. - The Zoo Zone - 愛言葉～アイコトバ～CYBER VIP ECHO MIX～ - 緋月の狂想曲
探検ノート - うるとら★ボーイ NAUGHTY BOY remix
|TOWN2||Be☆Happy！ - GIRIGILI門前雀羅 - I'm Screaming LOVE - MVA - Passacaglia（J-RAVE MIX） - ピッツァ・イタリアーノ|
|ポップンナン祭り||ナタラディーン(Raja Maharaja mix)|
|TOWN3||Happy Life - Marigold (Jazzy Hip-Hop Remix) - クライマックス銭湯 - ガッテンだ！！ - 少年リップルズ|
|TOWN4||Greening - L'eternita - OVER THE LIMIT！ - Remain - 時守唄|
|TOWN MAX||BabeL ～Grand Story～ - BabeL ～Next Story～ - BabeL ～roof garden～|
|DanceEvolution ARCADE CHALLENGEカテゴリー|
|Watch Out Pt.2 - 轟け！恋のビーンボール！！ - Sakura Sunrise - Little Star - 罪と罰 - Reaching for the Stars - LUV CAN SAVE U - Kind Lady - Gimme a Big Beat|
Din Don Dan - I'm so Happy - 無双 - Settin' the Scene - 朱と碧のランページ - Special One