Artist: MANTRONIK VS EPMD
Composition/Lyrics/Vocals: Erick Sermon, Parrish Smith
Arrangement: Kurtis Mantronik
Album: STRICTLY BUSINESS (1998)
First Music Game Appearance: DanceDanceRevolution
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Just think while I sink, into the brain structure Just think while I sink... Chaos, no mass confusion, EPMD in town Total chaos, no mass confusion Rhymes so hypnotiz- (EPMD in town) Total (EPMD in town) Total- Just think while I sink, into the brain structure (Don't sleep on the e) you see, something might rupture I don't take time for me to blow your mind Take a second to wreck it because you're dumb and blind So just lounge, cause you're a MC clown Go join the circus, EPMD in town Total chaos, no mass confusion Rhymes so hypnotizing known to cause an illusion Like a magician, he draws a rabbit out a hat, son I draw them all like a .44 Magnum MC freeze stop look and listen, and try to imagine Its traveling the speed of light, but everything's motion Is frightening, plus the thought you alone You now enter dimension, called the twilight zone You're terrified, plus you cant bear the thought You and I one-on-one, in the land of the lost You start to shiver, but then you scream, my friend Yo wake up muttley, because you're dreaming again But next time I'm on the scene, do not try to diss us Keep your mouth shut sucker duck, because I'm strictly business
Song Connections / Remixes
- STRICTLY BUSINESS (originally released under the title STRICTLY BUSINESS Mantroink MBA Radio Edit) is a house remix of the hiphop song Strictly Business by EPMD, which originally appeared on their 1988 album of the same name.
- STRICLY BUSINESS samples a cover of I Shot the Sheriff by Eric Clapton, originally by Bob Marley, and also Jungle Boogie by Kool and the Gang.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- Strictly Business was the title track of EPMD's first album of the same name.
- From DanceDanceRevolution through 3rdMIX, STRICTLY BUSINESS was labeled under the 1998 Dancemania WINTERS album.
- STRICTLY BUSINESS received brand-new Single MANIAC and Double ANOTHER charts in DanceDanceRevolution Internet Ranking Version.
- STRICTLY BUSINESS has not appeared on any DanceDanceRevolution title since DanceDanceRevolution 3rdMIX, and was the first song in the series removed. (According to bemanistyle founder Eddie, licensing issues with EPMD is the reason for its removal.)
- As such, SO MANY MEN and STRICTLY BUSINESS are the only non-CLUB VERSiON songs prior to DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX that never received Solo charts.
- It is also the only song to be removed from a PLUS release at launch. (DanceDanceRevolution A20 PLUS removed several songs after launch, beginning with 輪廻転生 on October 12th, 2020.)
- It was also the only Dancemania license from DanceDanceRevolution that was not revived in DanceDanceRevolution X3 VS 2ndMIX, the Dreamcast Version of DanceDanceRevolution 2ndMIX and DanceDanceRevolution BEST HITS.
- However, it does have an unused, remade banner and CD in the DanceDanceRevolution X3 VS 2ndMIX data.
- Graphical and chart data for STRICTLY BUSINESS can be found unused in Dancing Stage EuroMIX, which includes a brand-new Single BEGINNER chart.
- While there is also a filled slot for a Double MANIAC chart, it is exactly the same as the Double ANOTHER chart.
Song Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty from the original game to 2ndMIX rated from 1 to 8, 2ndMIX CLUB through 5thMIX rated from 1 to 9.
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||86 / 0||167 / 0||177 / 0||192 / 0||- / - / -||165 / 0||185 / 0||185 / 0||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution Internet Ranking Ver.→3rdMIX||-||4||5||6||-||5||6||-||-|
|Dancing Stage EuroMIX (unused)||⁑N/A||⁑N/A||⁑N/A||⁑N/A||-||⁑N/A||⁑N/A||⁑N/A||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution CS JP||-||4||5||6||-||5||6||-||-|
⁑ Denotes chart is unused and cannot be accessed through normal gameplay.