This page is for the beatmania IIDX 8th style song titled 桜. For other songs titled Sakura, please see Sakura (disambiguation).
For the beatmania IIDX DJ Sakura, please see Sakura (character).
Composition: NAOKI MAEDA, Japanese folk song
Arrangement: NAOKI MAEDA
BPM: 13-320 (beatmania IIDX), 14-320 (DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME→SuperNOVA), 20-320 (DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2→Present), 320 (REFLEC BEAT)
Movie: VJ GYO (IIDX 8th style→19 Lincle), Unknown (IIDX 20 tricoro→Present)
Jacket design: RICE.C
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 8th style
Other Music Game Appearances:
- DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME
- DanceEvolution ARCADE
- DanceMasters / DanceEvolution
- REFLEC BEAT colette -Spring-
Song Connections / Remixes
- 桜 is a remix of a traditional Japanese folk song called Sakura Sakura (often just shortened to Sakura).
- A remix of 桜, titled 桜 -DAM LA MIX-, can be found on the DanceEvolution V-RARE EX SOUNDTRACK CD.
- 桜 shares many elements with MAXX UNLIMITED, as mentioned by Naoki Maeda in the Song Production Information.
- 桜 shares a vocal sample with 1st Samurai, from beatmania IIDX 10th style.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- The name "Sakura" refers to the cherry blossom tree that blossoms during the springtime.
- 桜 is beatmania IIDX 8th style's EXTRA STAGE song. When accessed as such, the music select BGM changes to a sample of 桜, and the background changes to cherry blossom petals.
- In the arcade version of beatmania IIDX 8th style, 桜 had its own unique splash screen, with the text in pink. This was not carried over to any CS beatmania IIDX game.
- In beatmania IIDX 8th style, 桜's genre in the songwheel is misspelled as SPRITUAL.
- 桜 is one of the 6th PASS hidden songs of DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME.
- 桜 held the record for the song with the lowest BPM at any point in the DanceDanceRevolution arcade series, at 20.6 BPM, for nearly 20 years, until it was beaten by Get Your Wish from DanceDanceRevolution A3 and DanceDanceRevolution GRAND PRIX, with 20 BPM.
- Also, with a peak low of 13 BPM, 桜 has the lowest BPM point of any song in the REFLEC BEAT series.
- ALICE appears in 桜's DanceDanceRevolution graphics and movies.
- Before DanceDanceRevolution X2 and in the REFLEC BEAT series, 桜's artist is shown as RevenG.
- SAKURA received a unique video in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME2. This video was carried over to the arcade releases of DanceDanceRevolution in DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA.
- This video is played full-screen and eliminates any on-screen dancers.
- As of beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro, 桜 also uses a revised version of this video in the beatmania IIDX series.
- 桜 had its EXPERT and CHALLENGE charts swapped during the DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2 location test. After the test, the charts were swapped back, and the Single charts re-rated, but the swapped ratings were not fixed on Double.
- SAKURA received a Double BEGINNER chart in DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX3.
- SAKURA received a new set of graphics in DanceDanceRevolution Disney Channel EDITION.
- The background video, though, is a direct rip of its EXTREME2 video.
- 桜 was performed live in the release event for DanceDanceRevolution (PS3).
- 桜 appears as downloadable content for DanceDanceRevolution S+, in the DDR EXTREME Pack 4.
- 桜 is the second FINAL ROUND song of REFLEC BEAT colette -Spring-.
- 桜 is one of very few songs in DanceDanceRevolution in which the EXPERT chart is more difficult and higher rated than the CHALLENGE chart.
- 桜 was added to DanceEvolution ARCADE on March 22nd, 2013.
- It has both the slowest and fastest BPMs in the DanceEvolution series, at 13 and 320 BPM respectively.
- 桜 can be unlocked from April 12th, 2016 on beatmania IIDX INFINITAS' Akashic Explore event.
Song Production Information
The cherry blossom is the flower in the hearts of the Japanese people. When you listen to this melody, you feel a strange sense of nostalgia welling up inside you; it is as if something is awakening within our genes. The rhythm is based on that of MAXX UNLIMITED, and is generally refined and customized into what it is now. I was able to mix in the use of traditional instruments as I pleased thanks to today's synthesizer technology.
We've recently made a lot of songs that have classical Japanese traditions and musical ideas at their foundations, but the Reven-G name is looking more and more towards Europe for its ideas.
Video Production Information
When you think about it, it's really amazing that people from different countries can all understand the same feelings communicated by a musical instrument and the melodies they create. I don't find it too surprising. Music has made lots of different evolutions as it scattered across the world. I think that's one of the charms of dance music. On the other hand, there are songs that stimulate new musical progress as they themselves improve.
Among the people you see on the dance floor with nondescript clothing, a beautiful woman dancing alone in a splendidly colored kimono would attract lots of attention! (Maybe battle armor if it was a guy?)
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated 1 to 7+ in 8th and 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in IIDX RED, and from 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards.
DanceEvolution difficulty rated from 1 to 5.
REFLEC BEAT to groovin'!! Upper difficulty rated from 1 to 10+, and from 1 to 13 in VOLZZA/VOLZZA 2. (Ratings obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 8th style→9th style||-||5||7+||N/A||-||6||7+||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style||-||5||8||N/A||-||6||8||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED||-||↑6||↑8+||N/A||-||↑7||↑8+||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→Present||-||↑7||↑10||12||-||↑8||↑10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 8th style CS||-||5||7+||7+||-||6||7+||7+||-|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD CS||3||7||10||12||-||8||10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||3||7||10||12||-||8||10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||7||10||12||-||8||10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||7||10||12||-||-||-||-||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||160 / 0||228 / 7||345 / 3||446 / 1||356 / 1 / 0||226 / 9||317 / 6||438 / 1||352 / 1 / 0|
|DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME CS JP||3||5||8||10||9||6||8||10||9|
|DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME2 / Dancing Stage Max||3||5||8||10||9||6||8||10||9|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX3 / Dancing Stage Unleashed3||N/A||5||8||10||N/A||6||8||10||N/A|
|DanceDanceRevolution Disney Channel EDITION||1||5||8||10||9||6||8||10||9|
※ These CHALLENGE charts are only playable in the Adrenaline Course in Challenge Mode.
Other charts not shown on the above table:
- DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX3 / Dancing Stage Unleashed3 Double BEGINNER chart: Total notes: 79 / 0.
|DanceMasters / DanceEvolution||5|
|REFLEC BEAT colette -Spring-→VOLZZA 2||4||7||10||-|