Talk:CS DDR ULTRAMIX
Additional stepchart files
I extracted the game's data files and found additional SSQ files for some songs:
- bald_org_all.ssq (Ballad for You)
- hypn_org_all.ssq (Hypnotic Crisis)
- ins2_all_chris.ssq (Insertion (Machine Gun Kelly Mix))
- kind_org_all.ssq (Kind Lady)
- nazo_org_all.ssq (The Earth Light)
- sana_org_all.ssq (Sana Mollete Ne Ente)
- soin_org_all.ssq (So In Love)
- virt_all_old.ssq (La Señorita Virtual)
The regular naming is just <shortname>_all.ssq.
So far I've only tested Insertion (Machine Gun Jelly Mix) because the clearly different name caught my attention... and to my surprise all the stepcharts are different. I'll test the rest of the songs to see if I found different charts too.
- Well, considering there's info of the unused SERVI charts from RB groovin' Upper, i guess you can post them?
--TikalFan9000 (talk) 01:40, 9 April 2020 (UTC)
Okay, I converted the rest of the files and... it's a mixed bag of things. Let's see:
- Ballad for You: It's "technically" the same steps but with much more Freeze Arrows.
- Hypnotic Crisis: They're slightly different charts, with Freeze Arrows.
- Kind Lady: They're "technically" the same steps but without Freeze Arrows... instead having an arrow where each Freeze should end. Looks like they were testing the SSQ format, because effectively there's a specific type of event that indicates the end of a Freeze Arrow.
- The Earth Light: They're slightly different charts, with Freeze Arrows.
- Sana Mollete Ne Ente: They're slightly different charts, with Freeze Arrows.
- So In Love: They're (not so) slightly different charts. Doubles Basic has much more steps (111 vs the 86 of the actual chart)
- La Señorita Virtual: No new steps or anything, just BPM adjustments.
- I believe they qualify, as little as the difference is in the stepdata
--TikalFan9000 (talk) 16:54, 9 April 2020 (UTC)
APPEND:while Kind Lady and Señorita Virtual don't qualify for the stepdata template, they could qualify for trivia
--TikalFan9000 (talk) 16:55, 9 April 2020 (UTC)
- Sure, add them, and only mention the unused charts for Kind Lady and La Senorita Virtual on their respective Trivia sections. --FinalOffset (talk) 01:02, 10 April 2020 (UTC)
In the game's data there's this text file that the dev team seemingly forgot to remove...
Some rules on compression for DDR... 1) Delete all .dds files found in R:\_xbox\data_bin\source\Compressed_Textures. Make sure you DON'T DELETE this file! 2) copy the source and songs folders to local directory 3) For the songs folder, run the compression tool as follows: c:\> zMakeTextures -resize -nomip -colorkey -r -c songs This will resize and compress all textures using colorkey replacement. 4) For the source folder, run the compression tool as follows: c:\> zMakeTextures -nomip -colorkey -r -c source This will compress all textures using colorkey replacement but it will not resize any non-power of 2 textures it encounters (and, as a result, will not compress them either). 5) Delete the following compressed textures: toon.dds arrow00.dds arrow01.dds arrow02.dds arrow03.dds arrow04.dds arrow05.dds arrow06.dds arrow07.dds arrow08.dds arrow09.dds freeze_arrow00.dds freeze_arrow01.dds freeze_arrow02.dds freeze_arrow03.dds freeze_arrow04.dds freeze_arrow05.dds freeze_arrow06.dds freeze_arrow07.dds freeze_arrow08.dds freeze_arrow09.dds result_evaluation.dds 6) copy all newly compressed .dds files from your local folders into R:\_xbox\data_bin\source\Compressed_Textures 7) you're done!