Composition/Arrangement: Tomoyuki Uchida
VJ: VJ GYO (overlays by GOLI)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 7th style
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- ZERO-ONE is the first song of Mr.T's ELECTROSHOCK series of songs.
- A remastered, extended version of ZERO-ONE, titled ZERO-ONE -2020 Re:build-, can be heard on Tomoyuki Uchida's YouTube channel.
- An earlier video on his channel detailed the production of ZERO-ONE -2020 Re:build-.
- A related song to ZERO-ONE, titled ZERO-EXPANDED, can be found on the beatmania IIDX SUPER BEST BOX SET bonus disc.
- A remastered version of ZERO-EXPANDED, titled ZERO-EXPANDED【2020 Re:build】, was also uploaded to Tomoyuki's YouTube channel.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- According to Tomoyuki Uchida, he took the "ELECTROSHOCK" genre from the name of a sampling CD.
- ZERO-ONE can be unlocked in DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2 by clearing any song with a grade of AA.
- ZERO-ONE's DanceDanceRevolution graphics were made by Takahiro Nakajima.
- ZERO-ONE received a unique video in DanceDanceRevolution STR!KE. This video is based on sync (EXTREME version)'s video from DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME2.
- ZERO-ONE received a Double ANOTHER chart and a Single Black ANOTHER chart in beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST. The former was later added to the arcades in beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem.
- ZERO-ONE received slightly updated overlays in beatmania IIDX 10th style.
- ZERO-ONE's overlays misspelled "ELECTROSHOCK" as "ERECTROSHOCK". This was fixed with the new overlays.
- It is one of the few pre-9th style songs that retained its overlays in beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro.
- ZERO-ONE received a new title card in beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro.
- ZERO-ONE could be unlocked in REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper as part of the BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS' CONTENTS SELECTION unlocking system.
- After being removed from the initial release of REFLEC BEAT 悠久のリフレシア, ZERO-ONE was revived on November 15th, 2018.
- ZERO-ONE is unlockable in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS from May 8th, 2019, after purchasing its charts with BITs.
Song Production Information
A week before my deadline, I hadn't even decided what kind of song I wanted to write. I was under a lot of pressure to do something fast ... and on the morning of my final decision, I ended up sleeping in really late. What could I do then, even if I hurried? I rode the train in to work feeling really horrible. Then, all of a sudden, a strange melody floated to the surface of my mind. I ran over it a bunch of times in my head, and wrote in down on the back of a receipt so I wouldn't forget it.
So! Electroshoooooooooooooooooooooooock! Huh, what's that? I guess I can't just put down a weird word like that, huh? ... but you know, even I'm not sure exactly what it is. Anyway, I slept in late and rode the electric-powered train in, and a kind of electronic song appeared out of nowhere like a shock! So that's electroshock! Right?
So what about "Zero-One"? Well, you know, the name has kind of a digital feel to it. I think it works pretty well. It's fitting, right? It's okay to be arbitrary like that, isn't it? ... moustache! I DON'T GET IT AT ALL!
Hehehe ... well, I'm pretty satisfied with it, so I think it'll be okay.
(Note: ... "moustache". In Japanese, it's "hige". Mr.T has one. Think of it like an anime character that appends the same word to all their sentences. "I'm Mr. T hige. Nice to meet you hige.")
Video Production Information
A week before my deadline, I didn't even know what kind of song I'd be doing work for. I wanted to be able to listen to it already ... During those pressure-filled days, I'd always sleep in really late. I'm not a morning person. It bothers me. Well, I thought at that point, I guess it's too late to really matter now, even if I hurry. ... I thought as I leisurely took a morning bath. Sorry. But as I was doing so, a weird image suddenly floated to the surface of my mind. It zoomed through my head over and over again, and I drew it on the back of some ads that were scattered around so I wouldn't forget it.
So! Electroshoooooooooooooooooooooooock! Huh, what's that? I guess a weird word like that doesn't really work, huh? I don't know English ... Anyway, I slept in late and then was staring at the electrons on my CRT monitor, and a weird electronic image floated to the top of my head out of nowhere like a shock! So that's electroshock! Right?
Well, what about the English spelling? Well ... in the genre name in the animations, it looks like I mixed up L and R. It's like mixing up left and right, it means something TOTALLY DIFFERENT ... but I already uploaded the image to our production machine before I realized it. Really, that's what happened. No special meaning behind the difference. I guess that's one of the problem with coined words. But you get to make the rules if you come first. I think it works pretty well. It's fitting ... right? Is that really okay?
What about me?
I DON'T GET IT AT ALL!
(Comes the cry from within Mr.T's heart.)
Ahaha, well, since Mr.T seems pretty frustrated with it all too, I think it'll be okay. Sorry.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX to 10th style difficulty rated from 1 to 7+ from 7th through 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in IIDX RED, and from 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2 rated from 1 to 10.
REFLEC BEAT to groovin'!! Upper difficulty rated from 1 to 10+, 1 to 13 in VOLZZA/VOLZZA 2, and 1 to 15 in 悠久のリフレシア. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style→10th style||-||5||7||N/A||-||5||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED||-||5||↑8||N/A||-||5||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→17 SIRIUS||-||5||↑9||10||-||5||↑8||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem→Present||-||5||9||10||-||5||8||10||-|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style CS||※3||5||7||7||-||5||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style CS||-||5||8||8||-||5||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||3||5||9||10||11||5||8||10||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||5||9||10||-||5||8||10||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||5||9||10||-||-||-||-||-|
※ This chart is different from the later BEGINNER chart (total notes: 413).
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||102 / 8||174 / 19||277 / 16||345 / 14||- / - / -||181 / 18||210 / 20||365 / 15||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2 / Dancing Stage Unleashed2||N/A||4||6||9||-||3||6||9||-|
|REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper→VOLZZA 2||3||7||10||-|
|REFLEC BEAT 悠久のリフレシア||5||9||12||-|
|Mr.T's ELECTROSHOCK series of songs|
|ZERO-ONE - xenon - EXE - vault of heaven - electro peaceful - attack in the minor key - XENON II ～TOMOYUKIの野望～|
|BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS|
|1st Set (DJ TOTTO's SELECTION)||ABSOLUTE - CHOCOLATE PHILOSOPHY - LOGICAL DASH - era (nostalmix)|
|2nd Set (TAG's SELECTION)||DROP THE BOMB - AXIS - fellows - MAD BLAST|
|3rd Set (Des-ROW's SELECTION)||大見解 - Funky sonic World - BE LOVIN - CURUS|
|4th Set (Ryu☆'s SELECTION)||GENOM SCREAMS - Presto - JET WORLD - Go Beyond!!|
|5th Set (TOMOSUKE's SELECTION)||I'M GONNA GET YOU! - the keel - LOVE IS ORANGE - Gamelan de Couple|
|6th Set (kors k's SELECTION)||Flash Back 90's - White Eve - HELL SCAPER - starmine|
|7th Set (Users' SELECTION)||明鏡止水 - Pink Rose - sync - Beyond The Earth|
|8th Set (PHQUASE's SELECTION)||COSMIC COWGIRL - BOBBY SUE AND SKINNY JIM - 男々道 - Spica|
|9th Set (wac's SELECTION)||PULSE - GRADIUSIC CYBER - Nova emoção - 踊るフィーバーロボ|
|10th Set (dj TAKA's SELECTION)||♥Love²シュガ→♥ - Lucy - GUILTY - V - V₂|
|CONTENTS SELECTION||ZERO-ONE - MAKE A JAM! - Ping×Pong×Dash - DAY DREAM|