- 1 MAX 300
- 1.1 Song Information
- 1.2 Lyrics
- 1.3 Song Connections / Remixes
- 1.4 Trivia
- 1.5 Song Production Information
- 1.6 CS Information Data
- 1.7 Video Production Information
- 1.8 Difficulty & Notecounts
Composition/Arrangement: NM SEQUENCE UNLIMITED
BPM: 300 (DanceDanceRevolution), 12-300 (beatmania IIDX)
Genre: HARDCORE TECHNO
VJ: VJ GYO (overlays by GOLI) (beatmania IIDX), ? (DanceDanceRevolution)
First Music Game Appearance: DDRMAX -DanceDanceRevolution 6thMIX-
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- MAX 300 is the first song in the MAX series of songs.
- The version of MAX 300 found in beatmania IIDX and on the beatmania IIDX 7th style original soundtrack album is mixed slightly differently.
- This version of MAX 300 also appears on the PlayStation 3 release of DanceDanceRevolution.
- A remix of MAX 300 by 2MB, titled MAX.(period), appears in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME CS (Japan).
- Another remix of MAX 300 by Jondi & Spesh, titled MAX 300 (Super-Max-Me Mix), appears in DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2. Despite the title, this remix is more based on MAXX UNLIMITED than MAX 300.
- Another remix of MAX 300 by DM Ashura, titled ΔMAX, appears in DanceDanceRevolution UNIVERSE3.
- Another remix of MAX 300 by takamatt, titled MAX 300 takamatt MIN REMIX, appears in SOUND VOLTEX BOOTH.
- The Ω alias was later reprised by Naoki Maeda to write the song 2020, which appears in the CAPCOM music game crossbeats REV. SUNRISE.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- MAX 300 is the EXTRA STAGE song in both DDRMAX and beatmania IIDX 7th style.
- When accessed as EXTRA STAGE in beatmania IIDX 7th style, the music select BGM changes to a portion of MAX 300, and the background changes as well.
- In the arcade version of beatmania IIDX 7th style, MAX 300 had its own unique title card. This was not carried over to any CS beatmania IIDX game.
- Retroactively, MAX 300's DanceDanceRevolution SINGLE EXPERT chart is the first to have a difficulty rating of 10 on the classic difficulty scale.
- MAX 300 received a BEGINNER chart in Dancing Stage EuroMIX2.
- Despite the BPM being displayed in DanceDanceRevolution as simply 300, MAX 300 actually slows down to 64 in the middle.
- MAX 300 was originally supposed to be a 400 BPM song, but was too difficult. Coincidentally, Naoki's Fascination MAXX would later be (mainly) 400 BPM.
- On DanceDanceRevolution games where jumps are counted as 2 combos, MAX 300's Single Expert chart has a max combo of 573, the KONAMI number.
- MAX 300 holds the record for the slowest tempo for any beatmania IIDX song at 12 BPM, ahead of 桜's 13 BPM, which happens at the middle of this song.
- MAX 300's beatmania IIDX charts begin at 50 BPM, then speed up to 300 BPM when the song itself actually starts.
- MAX 300 is nicknamed among Japanese players as "ヨロロ" (yororo).
- MAX 300(X-Special) is one of the X-Special EXTRA STAGEs in DanceDanceRevolution X, which can be played from July 9th, 2009.
- To play MAX 300(X-Special) in DanceDanceRevolution X, you must get a AA or better on songs from the DDRMAX folder before the FINAL STAGE, and then get a AA on On The Break with the x1.5 and REVERSE modifiers as the FINAL STAGE.
- As of October 1st, 2009, MAX 300(X-Special) has been unlocked for normal play.
- MAX 300's overlays were removed from the beatmania IIDX arcade games as of beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro due to technical issues.
- MAX 300 was one of the qualifying round songs in the KONAMI Arcade Championship 2013 for DanceDanceRevolution (2013).
- MAX 300's background video from DDRMAX is hidden in the DanceDanceRevolution (2013) data.
- This video can be shown on any DanceDanceRevolution (2013) cabinet via hacking. It is displayed in the background of VANESSA's background dance stage and is not full-screen.
- This video was removed from DanceDanceRevolution (2014). However, it was officially added in DanceDanceRevolution A.
- MAX 300(X-Special) also received the same video in DanceDanceRevolution A. However, it plays in the background of the purple Replicant D-action background dance stage, and like the original MAX 300, is not full-screen.
- In DanceDanceRevolution A, its original EXTREME video is shown when MAX 300 is played from the DDR SELECTION folder. It plays at full-screen, removing all characters.
- MAX 300 is unlockable in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS from May 2nd, 2017, after purchasing its NORMAL and HYPER charts for 7000 and 10000 BITs respectively.
- According to Naoki Maeda, "MAX 300 was a pretty crazy song in several meanings. I personally meant it to be a challenge for the players, but as I learned more players were surpassing it by the day, I thought I had to stop making high-BPM songs since I was "defeated," but I didn't learn my lesson and kept making more of them around 300 BPM, heh." 
Song Production Information
This is a song that's wonderfully fast at 300 BPM, the kind of hardcore techno you only find in music sim games. I never thought I'd get to write such a great type of song... ... so here we have MAX 300, arrived at through lots of trial and error in the production and conceptualization phases.
"Anyone who can clear such a provacatively high speed song is like a superman to me... " Yeah, I still feel this way.
CS Information Data
You have overcome many obstacles to unlock the song "MAX 300" by Ω. Clocking in at a blazing 300BPM, this is one of the hardest and fastest songs you will ever encounter.
Video Production Information
Oh my, Naoki, I just can't, it's too fast.
Oh, and to you DDR players who mailed NAOKI and were all, "Make a 400 BPM song! Please!" You don't want to be human anymore, do you? You want to become a superman? How can you all do this? I just don't get it. My, my, you're all ace pilots. (Oh, I guess I shouldn't use aviation terms for music games...)
This song has a great feel to it. Naoki style, full throttle! Play this song, and destroy it. It's hot!
Well, let's try to draw someone who can play this song, dancing like someone in a fever. I guess the dance is something rock-style-ish. I did my best to reproduce an instant of that sort of really tricky movement. I think the drawings for these animations took longer than anything else in 7th style. Usually my source materials are fairly small, and I have to fool around with them to get them looking right, but for some reason I just kept cranking out bigger images that had a poster feel to them that I had to reduce in size. ... however, even when the size is fixed, I've got to make it 15 color. There's no rhyme, no reason... aaaargh! It'd be nice to be able to work in wider resolutions sometimes...
Even so, I like the way this turned out in the end.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX to 10th style difficulty rated from 1 to 7+ (up to 9th style) or 8 (10th style), from 1 to 8+ in IIDX RED, and from 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style→9th style||-||6||7+||-||6||7+||-|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style||-||6||8||-||6||8||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED||-||6||↑8+||-||6||↑8+||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY||-||↑7||↑10||-||6||↑10||-|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD→Present||-||↑8||10||-||6||10||-|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style CS||-||6||7+||-||6||7+||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED CS||3||6||8+||-||6||8+||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||8||10||-||6||10||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||85 / 0||264 / 2||373 / 35||555 / 2||- / - / -||263 / 8||347 / 5||485 / 2||- / - / -|
|DDRMAX2 location test||-||5||9||10||-||6||8||10||-|
|Dancing Stage EuroMIX2||2||6||8||10||-||6||8||10||-|
|DDRMAX CS JP||-||N/A||N/A||N/A||-||N/A||N/A||N/A||-|
|DDRMAX CS US||-||6||8||10||-||6||8||10||-|
|Dancing Stage Megamix||-||6||8||10||-||6||8||10||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME CS JP||3||6||8||10||-||6||8||10||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX / Dancing Stage Unleashed||-||6||8||10||-||6||8||10||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||- / -||- / -||- / -||- / -||523 / 30 / 0||- / -||- / -||- / -||514 / 28 / 0|
|MAX series of songs|
|Main Series||MAX 300 - MAXX UNLIMITED - The legend of MAX|
|Remixes / Related Songs||MAX.(period) - MAX 300 (Super-Max-Me Mix) - Fascination MAXX - ΔMAX - MAX 300 takamatt MIN REMIX|