Lyrics: Tatsh, MAYA
Vocals: Junko Hirata, Yumi Natori
Length: 2:03 (beatmania IIDX), 1:48 (DanceDanceRevolution)
Genre: MEDIEVAL CHOIR
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY
Other Music Game Appearances:
- DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA
- Toy's March 2
Existing in this place now are uncleanable lies I wonder when it has begun... How far do I have to go to see the light? Stars in your eyes Stars in your heart You will live in shadow of shade and commit the eighth sin Unrequited existence will turn everything into nothing
Existing in this place now are uncleanable lies I wonder when it has begun... How far do I have to go to see the light? Existing in this place now are uncleanable lies I wonder when it has begun... How far do I have to go to see the light? You will live in shadow of shade and commit the eighth sin I wonder when it has begun... How far do I have to go to see the light? Stars in your eyes Stars in your heart Stars in your eyes Stars in your heart Existing in this place now are uncleanable lies I wonder when it has begun... How far do I have to go to see the light? You will live in shadow of shade and commit the eighth sin Unrequited existence will turn everything into nothing You will live in shadow of shade and commit the eighth sin I wonder when it has begun... How far do I have to go to see the light?
Song Connections / Remixes
- The DanceDanceRevolution series use a shorter version of Xepher, cutting most of the intro.
- A long version of Xepher, titled Xepher <Platinum Long Version>, appears on Tatsh's MATERIAL album.
- A remix of Xepher by デッドボールP, titled Xepher Light and Darkness Dragon REMIX, can be found in SOUND VOLTEX BOOTH.
- A spiritual sequel to Xepher, titled Xevel, appears on SEGA's CHUNITHM STAR.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- There is an "X" "drawn" in Xepher's notecharts on the Single and Double HYPER and ANOTHER charts, at measure 38.
- Xepher, as indicated in the video, is an acronym for many sets of six words, three of which include
Expense Punishment Hocuspocus Ecstasy Reality
End Prayer Hesitation Existence Regret
Everlasting Pain Horrible Evening Recurrence
- The movie for Xepher features the characters Killer and Licht.
- Xepher received a BEGINNER chart in beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD.
- Xepher had a different banner in the DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA location test, which uses different fonts for its text.
- Xepher features its beatmania IIDX video in DanceDanceRevolution, eliminating any on-screen dancers.
- Xepher's CHALLENGE charts were the first CHALLENGE charts for a non-boss song in DanceDanceRevolution to be rated a 10 on the old scale.
- The following words appear in the middle of Xepher's video:
Until now what you know does exist With your fingertips follow the path of the dirty dark sky At the end of the bright road, what is waiting for you? take you to harmony but you don't know The hatred that was given birth to in you has taken stars and it turned it into poison which is killing you silently
- Xepher was added to beatmania IIDX INFINITAS on September 7th, 2016 as part of the September 2016 Basic Subscription Monthly Songs.
- From August 2017, it can be purchased with BITs.
- Xepher's timing was slightly fixed on the September 13th, 2016 update of DanceDanceRevolution A.
Song Production Information
The music that was born from my own world has expanded even farther thanks to the movies of our designer, Maya. I hope that the world of "Xepher" expands again thanks to your play next. In that spirit, I gave the song a title beginning with the letter signifying the unknown, "X".
For the choir in this song, we decided on Junko Hirata from platoniX as well as Natori Yumi from the gospel world. I certainly hope you will pay close attention to the singing as well.
Video Production Information
I've been fighting to expand the world of Tatsh's "Xepher" even further since the demo stage. "It's not this", "it's not that" ...
Xepher really began to take its hold on me when I was entrusted with the lyrics. There isn't very much singing in the song, but there was actually a very long rough draft of the lyrics. Tatsh took parts of it and came up with the actual lyrics for the song. If possible, I don't want to hang "Xepher" to death with concrete words. I believe you can get an interpretation of my Xepher through the lyrics on the G2ARTS works, which were one of the candidates for the final lyrics.
You who have issued forth your love,
Look to the sky in this world of madness
Now, your eyes should be here, eyes that never fade away
But you don't know anything
I wonder when it began?
I wonder where we may go to visit with the end?
We trace the black sky that was dirtied beneath our feet
With the whiteness at our fingertips
The stars that you sheltered invite you towards their repose, but
You don't know anything about how
The stars that tear and devour in this newly-birthed hatred
Will become your poison, and scorch your body
The sins of the morning spill over into the evening and dirty the night
Where are you, whom we called the sky?
That girl is the key to washing away the sin
Walking together, you can discover the weight of that sin
The girl who knows nothing of time became a curse herself
An incredible power must be eating away at her heart at last
Scorched by the hatred of the past, you released the fire
Your own screams invited the sin, sneering
You cannot return to where you were anymore
Your heart begins to fade away under the influence of the serpent that wanders the sky;
It collected your light and made it unclear
The battle continues, dancing in and between the sky
And the pain continues as well
The endless sky...
You melted me in the morning, we spoke in the evening, you loved me in the night
You came close to me in the night, when we called you the sky
And committed a great sin
Your unrewarded existence will turn everything into nothing
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY||-||5||10||11||-||5||11||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD→Present||3||5||10||11||-||5||↓10||↓11||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY CS||↓2||5||10||11||-||5||10||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||2||5||10||11||-||5||10||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||5||10||11||-||5||10||11||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||111 / 0||221 / 14||336 / 9||442 / 14||530 / 14 / 0||217 / 13||329 / 5||419 / 12||515 / 13 / 0|
|DanceDanceRevolution / Dancing Stage SuperNOVA CS||1||5||7||9||10||5||6||9||10|