USED TO ROCK'N ROLL
USED TO ROCK'N ROLL
Artist: Brad Holmes
Composition/Arrangement/Other Instruments & Programming: Mutsuhiko Izumi
Piano Solo: Jimmy Weckl
Lyrics/Vocals: Brad Holmes
First Music Game Appearance: GUITARFREAKS 9thMIX & drummania 8thMIX
Other Music Game Appearances:
Long ago I had a teenage rock band Back in the middle of high school We had the power, we were rockin' hard and The ladies thought we were so cool Times were tough, when the school bell rang Raced down to the steel mill working part time to buy guitars * We used to rock'n'roll all night long Party animals all night long Now we sing the blues all night long Following the rules all day long Rock'n'roll kings of high school Used to rock'n'roll all night long There was a girl who was always watching Man, I wish you could see her Look in her eyes, I was playin' six-string Our hearts burnin' with fever But there's no music for me now And she lives with some rock star But I remember way back when * Repeat You get them blues Those 9-to-5 blues I'm talkin' about Working hard ever year Got a career and a credit card now Got our eyes in the future With all the others in suburban living Responsibility is looming Once were young and wild and free Guitars on our shoulder But all I got now is memories * Repeat X2 Rock'n'roll all night long Used to rock'n'roll all night long Used to rock'n'roll all night long
Song Connections / Remixes
- A different arrangement of USED TO ROCK'N ROLL appears on Mutsuhiko Izumi's first album, Heaven Inside.
- USED TO ROCK'N ROLL is Brad Holmes' first KONAMI original collaboration with Mutsuhiko Izumi in BEMANI (Holmes had earlier provided vocals to a cover of SMOKE ON THE WATER in GUITARFREAKS 3rdMIX, which Izumi arranged).
- It's also his only BONUS TRACK in the GuitarFreaks & DrumMania series.
- USED TO ROCK'N ROLL was performed live at the THE GITADO LIVE - BEMANI 10th Anniversary Event in 2007.
- USED TO ROCK'N ROLL's lyrics are displayed in the song's video, though near the end of the song, the lyrics forget the word "is" between "Responsibility" and "looming".
- Although USED TO ROCK'N ROLL's BPM is displayed at a constant 205 BPM in the music select screen, the charts really run at 100-260 BPM.
Song Production Information
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
GF/DM difficulty rated from 1 to 99. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|GF/DM V→GF/DM V2||↑31||↑52||↑74||↑31||↓35||↓48||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|GF/DM MASTERPIECE GOLD||31||55||80||31||35||60||-||-||-||-||-||-|