Artist: KC hospital
Composition/Arrangement/Lyrics/Vocals: KC hospital
Genre: MELODIC CORE (メロコア)
pop'n music Character: ちゃんこ山崎 [13-2P]
pop'n music Background: テレビ映画「吉宗評判記 暴れん坊将軍」BGM (pop'n music 6)
Jacket design: ちひろ
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania 7thMIX -keepin' evolution-
Other Music Game Appearances:
- beatmania III APPEND 7thMIX
- GUITARFREAKS 10thMIX & drummania 9thMIX (ee'MALL 2nd avenue)
- pop'n music 9 (ee'MALL)
正月が過ぎたら まわしを しめなよ 2月が来たなら すもうを とりなよ もしも君が 出不精でも 逆に外へ 出たがりでも 俺達はいつだってそうさ 8月が来たなら 土俵へ おりなよ いろいろ忘れて しこを ふみなよ ビーチが君を 誘ってきても セミがふ化して 夏に飛んでも 俺達はいつだってそうさ
shougatsu ga sugitara mawashi wo shimenayo kitaki ga kitanara sumou wo torinayo moshimo kimi ga debushou demo gyaku ni soto he detagari demo oretachi wa itsudatte sou sa hachi gatsu ga kitanara dohyou he orinayo iroiro wasurete shiko wo fuminayo Beach ga kimi wo sasottekite mo semi ga fukashite natsu ni tondemo oretachi wa itsudatte sou sa
When the new year is here, tighten your mawashi! When February comes, do some sumoing! Even if you're always lying around, Or even if you like going out on the town, That's how we'll always be! When August comes, step into the ring! Stomp your feet and forget everything! Even when the beach beckons you to drop by, Even when cicadas hatch in the summer and fly, That's how we'll always be!
Song Connections / Remixes
- A long version of S.F.M featuring a guitar solo by Des-ROW, titled S.F.M (Freestyle Ver.3), can be found on the beatmania THE BEST PROMINENT album.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- In the beatmania series, S.F.M's BPM in the song selection screen is displayed as simply 200.
- In beatmania III APPEND 7thMIX, the BPM was not displayed.
- S.F.M was added to pop'n music 9 on April 24th, 2003 via ee'MALL.
- Before pop'n music 14 FEVER!, S.F.M's character was PIERRE&JILL [8-2P] and the songwheel genre was S.F.M.
- S.F.M's songwheel genre (メロコア) reads as "melo core". S.F.M shares its current songwheel genre with H@ppy Choice.
- In pop'n music 13 カーニバル CS, S.F.M's songwheel genre was メロディックコア.
- S.F.M could be unlocked to GUITARFREAKS 10thMIX & drummania 9thMIX from January 26th, 2004 to February 3rd, 2004 via ee'MALL 2nd avenue.
- It was later added to GUITARFREAKS 10thMIX & drummania 9thMIX on February 4th, 2004 via ee'MALL 2nd avenue.
- S.F.M is the only original song from beatmania in the GUITARFREAKS / drummania series.
- S.F.M is the only beatmania 7thMIX song that has its lyrics on its beatmania 7thMIX site's song comments.
- According to Akehiro Hidaka, S.F.M originally had different, more vulgar, lyrics.
- S.F.M's current rival character, Chanko Yamazaki (ちゃんこ山崎), was likely chosen as the rival character because of S.F.M's lyrics referencing a sumo wrestler, and Chanko Yamazaki being based on the sumo wrestler from Keiko my love's video.
- S.F.M has never been on a CS release of GuitarFreaks & DrumMania.
- S.F.M is not available for session play.
- S.F.M's HYPER chart was re-rated in pop'n music éclale on March 22nd, 2016.
Song Production Information
There's another version of this song.
Originally, the lyrics were so vulgar that we couldn't post them, but we reluctantly made them somewhat more normal.
I'd love to see your expressions when you find out what they were originally supposed to be, haha.
I love this song! Why not make up your own lyrics to it, too?
Video Production Information
Melodic core is here!!
Stomp your feet! How does it feel!?
It's supposed to be a sumo song, yet the singer sounds like a cool youth in the same style as J---ny's!!
The lyrics are so weird, yet sound refreshing...
What are those yells?
The sound of sumo wrestlers surrounding the cool youth on a beach? "KOI!"
The song is hot even in the winter!
It's "hot" in many different senses!
It's really interesting, but you probably shouldn't think too hard about it...
Alright... it's almost time to do some sumoing, isn't it?
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania difficulty rated from 1 to 9.
GF/DM difficulty rated from 1 to 99.
pop'n music difficulty rated from 1 to 43 through pop'n music 20 fantasia, and 1 to 50 from Sunny Park onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from KANI KANI CRAB, BEMANIWiki 2nd and Pop'n Music Fever.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania 7thMIX→THE FINAL||4||5||6||4||5||6|
|beatmania III APPEND 7thMIX→THE FINAL||4||5||6||4||5||6|
GuitarFreaks & DrumMania
|GF10/dm9→GF/DM V (via ee'MALL)||18||38||58||12||17||20||13||24||-||15||18||20|
|pop'n music 9→13 カーニバル (via ee'MALL)||9||18||33||-||11||12|
|pop'n music 14 FEVER!→15 ADVENTURE||9||18||33||-||11||12|
|pop'n music 16 PARTY♪→20 fantasia||9||18||↓32||-||11||12|
|pop'n music Sunny Park→ラピストリア||-||24||38||-||11||12|
|pop'n music éclale→Present||-||24||↓36||-||11||12|
|pop'n music 13 カーニバル CS||9||18||33||-||11||12|
|pop'n music 14 FEVER! CS||9||18||33||-||11||12|