- Name: Osamu Migitera (右寺修)
- Birthday: September 6th
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Des_ROW69 (inactive since 2016)
A long-time contributor to BEMANI, Osamu Migitera started off as a sound data analyzer in pop'n music and IIDX before he started writing his own music. He is best known for his happy hardcore songs and his rock tracks under his Des-ROW alias, though he's also dabbled in trance, rap, and poppy songs as well.
Osamu's first original song for BEMANI was the opening theme of beatmania CORE REMIX. Shortly after he composed INNOVATION for pop'n music 5, though he mostly worked on beatmania as a sound director alongside Takehiko Fujii until its end in 2002. Afterwards Osamu has mainly worked on pop'n music, and has served as the sound director of several pop'n music games, as well for the spin off game ポップンリズミン. Recently Osamu has also branched out into almost every BEMANI franchise out right now, including jubeat and DanceDanceRevolution. He's also appeared in several GuitarFreaks and DrumMania installments.
Starting with REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper, Osamu Migitera became the REFLEC BEAT series' producer, and was one of the sound directors of the REFLEC BEAT series alongisde Yoshihiro Tagawa until KONAMI confirmed in 2018 that REFLEC BEAT 悠久のリフレシア would be the last installment in the series. His BEMANI appearances have been very rare since then.
- According to the song commentary for World Wide Love, Osamu is not a fan of his own voice. Ironically, he provided the lead/backup vocals of nearly every song of his with vocals in it following his work on World Wide Love.
- Osamu's Des-ROW alias was first named by Takehiko Fujii. After Osamu developed an interest in the death metal genre, he was making jokes about "death pop" and other things with "death" in front of them, along with Akehiro Hidaka and Naoki189, and Takehiko remarked they were like a "death row". Osamu liked the sound of this, and took the Des-ROW alias for his metal song INNOVATION.
- There is conflicting information on how to pronounce "Des-ROW":
- MTO stands for Migitera Osamu.
- According to Kiyoshi Murai in this pop'n music 11 Q&A, Osamu was the one who suggested the travel theme that later became pop'n music 11.
- Osamu was the sound director of GuitarFreaks & DrumMania MASTERPIECE SILVER and GuitarFreaks V2 & DrumMania V2 CS.
- Osamu was the music director of DanceMasters / DanceEvolution on the Xbox 360.
- Osamu is also known as "The Famous Artist" (유명 아티스트) in Korean BEMANI fandom, originated from the TV show Do the G on Ongamenet introducing カゲロウ as "the song by the famous artist, Des-ROW".
- Osamu has a teaching license, which is referenced on the jacket of 純白レジエンド –冬–.
- Thus, DTO stands for Death Teacher Oresama.
- Osamu has written music for the KONAMI game BATTLE CLIMAXX!.
- Des-ROW (+1/2)
- D-crew (+1/2)
- positive MA
- NICK BOYS (member of, with TOMOSUKE, MC WADA, and a currently unknown rapper)
- M-CREW project
- DesQ (with Taku Sakakibara)
- Shine All Stars (member of)
- Des-あさ (with Asaki)
- 淀川ジョルカエフ / ジョルカエフ多鬼島
- 414 (with Mutsuhiko Izumi)
- B-crews / ビーくん (with his voice pitch changed)
- Paddington Private Detective
- Design-MAD crew
- positive MAD-crew
- Des-NOW / Des-TINE / Des-wim
- D-wacrew (with Jun Wakita)
- DJ GW
Since so many songs by Osamu Migitera feature guitars, this page will only list under Guitar songs NOT composed by him that he provides guitar for.
- D. (2004)