Artist: Lion Musashi
Composition/Arrangement: Takayuki Ishikawa
BPM: 134 (3rd style→5th style), 150 (6th style→Present)
Length: 1:40 (3rd style→5th style), 1:27 (6th style→Present)
Genre: WORLD HOUSE
VJ: VJ GYO
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 3rd style
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- Since beatmania IIDX 6th style, THE SAFARI was sped up from its original 134 BPM to 150 BPM. This version cannot be found on any original soundtracks.
- A remix of THE SAFARI by Ryu☆, titled THE SAFARI -Ryu☆remix-, appears on dj TAKA's first album, milestone.
- Another remix of THE SAFARI by DJ TOTTO, titled THE SAFARI -DJ TOTTO mix-, appears on dj TAKA's second album, True Blue....
- A short version of THE SAFARI -DJ TOTTO mix- can be found in REFLEC BEAT colette -All Seasons-.
- A remixed vocal version of THE SAFARI by TAG, titled THE SAFARI –Try to Sing Ver.-, can be found on the We are “Try to Singers” album.
- An instrumental version of THE SAFARI –Try to Sing Ver.- also appears on We are “Try to Singers”.
- Another remix of THE SAFARI by SYUNN, titled THE SAFARI (STARDOM Remix), appears in DANCERUSH STARDOM.
- THE SAFARI marks Takayuki Ishikawa's first use of his Lion Musashi alias.
- THE SAFARI's Single HYPER chart has been the FINAL STAGE of every single beatmania IIDX arcade Single 7th Dan course ever since the introduction of Dani'nintei mode in beatmania IIDX 7th style, and still has this status as of beatmania IIDX 27 HEROIC VERSE.
- Its infamous difficulty relative to the rest of the course is an inside joke.
- THE SAFARI was one of the possible choices of BEMANI transplants for fans to vote in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME's development. The other candidates were Across the nightmare, Cat Song ～Theme of UPA, DJ BATTLE, FLOWERS for ALBION, Morning Music, Threshold Lebel, Waza, and WITHOUT YOU AROUND .
- THE SAFARI's overlays were removed from the beatmania IIDX arcade games as of beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro due to technical issues.
- THE SAFARI was added to beatmania IIDX INFINITAS as part of the January 2016 Basic Subscription Monthly Songs.
- On May 18th, 2016, it became unlockable through the Akashic Explore event for players who did not already have it.
- From November 2016, it can be purchased with BITs.
- THE SAFARI received a new BEGINNER chart in beatmania IIDX 26 Rootage.
Song Production Information
They say Lion Musashi shook the Daibako scene with rave as an old friend of tiger YAMATO's, but it looks like he's an accomplished house tracker nowadays who does some DJ work in western Azabu.
I got some comments from him today.
"Thank you, everyone.
Oh, everyone keeps saying, "Safari, Safari", but my song is called "THE Safari", so say it right, please.
Video Production Information
Apparently, Lion Musashi came to dj TAKA and said, "You guys should pick the song name". Somehow it fell into my hands.
According to dj TAKA, Mr. Lion is kind of a scary guy, so even if he says we can pick the name, what will happen if he doesn't like it ... ?
That's the kind of thing I worried about, since I had no real relation to him ...
It has a pretty cheery rhythm, and feels kind of like a song for a trip down south and evoked the image of a long journey, so I thought "THE SAFARI", which has kind of a deep ring to it, fit it pretty nicely. From the sounds of the comments above, it seems he really likes it too - I'm glad!
It'd be nice if dj TAKA said "thanks", though.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 7 in 3rd and 4th style, 1 to 7+ 5th through 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in 11 IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 3rd style→4th style||-||6||7||-||-||6||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style→10th style||-||6||7+||-||-||6||7+||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED||-||6||↑8+||-||-||6||↑8+||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→14 GOLD||-||↑7||10||-||-||↑7||10||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS→25 CANNON BALLERS||-||7||10||-||-||↑8||10||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 26 Rootage→Present||※2||7||10||-||-||8||10||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 3rd style CS||-||6||7||-||-||6||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 6th style CS||3||6||7+||-||-||6||7+||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style CS||3||6||7+||-||-||6||7+||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 8th style CS||3||6||7+||-||-||6||7+||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED CS||3||7||8+||-||-||7||8+||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||3||7||10||-||-||8||10||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||7||10||-||-||8||10||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||※2||7||10||-||-||-||-||-||-|
※ Denotes chart has been revised from the older BEGINNER chart (total notes: 183).