Genre: WARP HOUSE
Movie: VJ GYO
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 2nd style
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- A sequel to Hitch Hiker, titled Hitch Hiker2, appears in beatmania IIDX 4th style.
- A long mix of both Hitch Hiker and Hitch Hiker2, titled Hitch Hiker [Long Drive Mix], appears on the History of beatmania IIDX album.
- A different long mix of both songs, titled Hitch Hiker (Hitch Hiker / Hitch Hiker2), appears on good-cool's first album, good-cool super collection beatmania & pop'n music.
- Hitch Hiker shares a vocal sample with DA MUZIK, from beatmania ClubMIX.
- Hitch Hiker's video marks the first appearance of Kana in the beatmania IIDX series.
- Hitch Hiker received LIGHT charts in beatmania IIDX 3rd style.
- From beatmania IIDX 3rd style to beatmania IIDX 5th style, Hitch Hiker's BPM was shown as 136. This was fixed when it was revived in beatmania IIDX 10th style.
Song Production Information
This song symbolizes the musical direction of 2nd style, and it's a bright and fun HAPPY HANDBAG.
Combined with its video, it makes me want to take a trip somewhere while playing it~.
It was composed by good-cool, who participated for the first time.
He's kind of a genius for being able to put together a good song like this with a single piece of music equipment that anyone would own.
I hope that people who say "I can't create anything with this equipment!" follow in his example~.
I have a feeling good-cool will be very active in the future.
Video Production Information
Using a picture of a hitch hiker girl, I aimed for a positive and driving image, with colorful tones and rhythmic compositions.
As for the heroine, I drew her with a nostalgic anime taste, and I was really at ease drawing her in this sort of cheerful, lively image, but since I tried to have her match the image of the song, maybe it was too much...
However, if you take the video as a whole, it's a lot more specific to the song than a lot of IIDX videos up until now have been, and is very bright and refreshing with a lighthearted groove, so I gave it just the right amount of skillful overdrive, and I think you'll have comfortable speed while playing it.
Rather than a long trip with no money for food and travel expenses, it feels like going to the venue of an outdoor event (exciting & cheerful & thrilling).
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 7 from 2nd through 4th style, 1 to 7+ in 5th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 in HAPPY SKY. beatmania (2006) difficulty rated from 1 to 10. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 2nd style||-||-||4||N/A||-||-||4||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 3rd style→4th style||-||3||4||N/A||-||3||4||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style||-||3||4||N/A||-||↑4||↑5||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style||-||3||4||N/A||-||4||5||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED||-||3||4||N/A||-||4||↑6||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY||-||3||4||5||-||4||6||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 3rd style CS||-||3||4||4||-||3||4||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style CS||-||3||4||4||-||4||6||-||-|