Composition/Arrangement: Tatsuya Furukawa
Genre: WARP HOUSE
VJ: VJ GYO
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 4th style
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- Hitch Hiker2 is a sequel to Hitch Hiker, from beatmania IIDX 2nd style.
- A long mix of both Hitch Hiker and Hitch Hiker2, titled Hitch Hiker [Long Drive Mix], appears on the History of beatmania IIDX album.
- A different long mix of Hitch Hiker and Hitch Hiker2, titled Hitch Hiker (Hitch Hiker / Hitch Hiker2), appears on good-cool's first album, good-cool super collection beatmania & pop'n music.
- Kana is featured in Hitch Hiker2's overlays.
- Hitch Hiker2's Double ANOTHER chart was removed when the song was revived in beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED.
- Hitch Hiker2 is unlockable in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS from October 2nd, 2019, after purchasing its NORMAL, HYPER, and ANOTHER charts with BITs.
- Hitch Hiker2 received LEGGENDARIA charts in beatmania IIDX 28 BISTROVER. They can be unlocked by fulfilling one of the requirements described in this article.
- Hitch Hiker2's Single LEGGENDARIA marks the first LEGGENDARIA chart rated level 9.
- Hitch Hiker2 also appears as one of the background music selectable to play during Accel Rave Time (アクセルレイブタイム) in SEVEN'S BEAT (セブンスビート), a KONAMI medal redemption game.
Song Production Information
I really wanted to make a continuation of the previous work, so I took up the brush.
The image is like riding in a hitchhiked car through a variety of landscapes.
I invite each of you to imagine what kind of place it is.
A big thank you to dj TAKA for letting me produce this track.
Video Production Information
Mr. good-cool is probably the most talented among the artists participating in IIDX, who traces the history of disco and brings dance music of various genres back to life in a new form.
However, the song that accompanied his first appearance on the 2nd style show was a happy tune with a bursting beat and a glittering melody that had never been heard before in the beatmania sound.
That's Hitch Hiker.
The 2nd style song is one of the better house numbers in the IIDX series of all time. It was a version of house, but Hitch Hiker was also a version of Warp House, a cutting-edge sound at the time. I can vividly recall the time when I was part of it, and the time when I played a part in making it so excited.... I'm not going to tell the story about it, I'm back! That song!
It's name is Hitch Hiker2.
It would be the first time in the history of beatmania that a song is named "2" and treated as a sequel, just like in a movie.
It starts with an intro that seems to condense Hitch Hiker in both sound and movie.
And then... just say... apparently, this time, it's like you're hitching a ride in a more awesome car. I'll stop now (the view in the window looks a lot different depending on the car, doesn't it?)
By all means, choose Hitch Hiker on the stage before you play Hitch Hiker2. Stay and enjoy the long drive (though you have to clear it... LIGHT7 can be DRIVIN SAFELY! I'm sure).
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated 1 to 7 in 4th style, 1 to 7+ in 5th through 6th style, 1 to 8+ in 11 IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onward.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 4th style||-||4||6||N/A||-||4||6||※N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style→6th style||-||4||6||N/A||-||↓5||↑7||※N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED||-||4||6||N/A||-||5||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→13 DistorteD||-||4||6||7||-||5||↑8||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD→27 HEROIC VERSE||-||4||6||7||-||5||↑9||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 28 BISTROVER→Present||-||4||6||7||9||5||9||9||10|
|beatmania IIDX 4th style CS||-||4||6||6||-||4||6||※6||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style CS||3||4||6||6||-||5||7||※7||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||4||6||7||-||5||9||-||-|
※ Denotes chart is a duplicate of the 14KEY chart (total notes: 880).