Genre: WARP HOUSE
Movie: VJ GYO
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 2nd style
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- A sequel to Hitch Hiker, titled Hitch Hiker2, appears in beatmania IIDX 4th style.
- A long mix of both Hitch Hiker and Hitch Hiker2, titled Hitch Hiker [Long Drive Mix], appears on the History of beatmania IIDX album.
- A different long mix of Hitch Hiker and Hitch Hiker2, titled Hitch Hiker (Hitch Hiker / Hitch Hiker2), appears on good-cool's first album, good-cool super collection beatmania & pop'n music.
- Hitch Hiker shares a vocal sample with DA MUZIK, from beatmania ClubMIX.
- Hitch Hiker's video marks the first appearance of Kana in the beatmania IIDX series.
- Hitch Hiker received LIGHT charts in beatmania IIDX 3rd style.
- Also from beatmania IIDX 3rd style to beatmania IIDX 5th style, Hitch Hiker's BPM was shown as 136. This was fixed when it was revived in beatmania IIDX 10th style.
Song Production Information
This song symbolizes the musical direction of 2nd style, and feels like bright and fun HAPPY HANDBAG.
Combined with the video, it makes me want to take a trip somewhere while playing it~.
good-cool, who participated for the first time, composed the music.
He's kind of a genius for being able to put together a good song like this with one music equipment which everyone has.
I hope that people who say "I can't create anything with this kind of equipment!" follow in his example~.
I have a feeling good-cool will continue to play an active role in the future.
Video Production Information
Using a picture of a hitch hiker girl, I aimed for a positive and driving image, with colorful tones and rhythmic compositions.
So, I tried to draw the heroine with a nostalgic and animated taste, and I was really at ease drawing her in this sort of cheerful, lively style, but since I tried to have her match the image of the song, maybe it was too much...
However, if you take the video as a whole, it's a lot more specific to the song than a lot of IIDX videos up until now have been, and is very cheerful and refreshing with a casual groove, so I gave it just the right amount of skillful overdrive, and I think you'll have comfortable speed while playing it.
Rather than a long trip with no money for food and travel expenses, it feels like going to an outdoor arena just ahead (exciting & cheerful & palpitating).
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 7 from 2nd through 4th style, 1 to 7+ in 5th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 in HAPPY SKY. beatmania (2006) difficulty rated from 1 to 10. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 2nd style||-||-||4||N/A||-||-||4||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 3rd style→4th style||-||3||4||N/A||-||3||4||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style||-||3||4||N/A||-||↑4||↑5||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style||-||3||4||N/A||-||4||5||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED||-||3||4||N/A||-||4||↑6||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY||-||3||4||5||-||4||6||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 3rd style CS||-||3||4||4||-||3||4||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style CS||-||3||4||4||-||4||6||-||-|