- 1 SABER WING
- 1.1 Song Information
- 1.2 Lyrics
- 1.3 Song Connections / Remixes
- 1.4 Trivia
- 1.5 Song Production Information
- 1.6 Video Production Information
- 1.7 Difficulty & Notecounts
BPM: 74-222 (DanceDanceRevolution, REFLEC BEAT), 37-444 (beatmania IIDX)
Genre: SHOOTING WALTZ
VJ: F-FLY (18 Resort Anthem→19 Lincle), Unknown (20 tricoro→Present, DanceDanceRevolution)
First Music Game Appearance: DanceDanceRevolution X
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- A remix of SABER WING by Akira Ishihara, titled SABER WING (Akira Ishihara Headshot mix), can also be found in DanceDanceRevolution X.
- Another remix of SABER WING, titled SABER WING (satellite silhouette remix), was included in a line of EMI USB drives as a special bonus MP3.
- A short version of SABER WING (satellite silhouette remix) was later added to DanceDanceRevolution (2013).
- Both SABER WING and HOW TO PLAY mark TAG's first original songs in the DanceDanceRevolution series.
- SABER WING is also TAG's first EXTRA/ENCORE STAGE song on the DanceDanceRevolution series.
- It's also the only new EXTRA/ENCORE STAGE in DanceDanceRevolution X to be composed and arranged by an in-house KONAMI artist.
- On the DanceDanceRevolution X location tests, SABER WING was a FINAL STAGE exclusive song. On the final release of the game, SABER WING is the default EXTRA STAGE song instead.
- When played as EXTRA STAGE song in arcade versions of DanceDanceRevolution X, the announcer bits and crowd cheers are completely silent (except at the beginning, before the song starts playing).
- SABER WING has a unique video, which is played full-screen and eliminates any on-screen dancers (except in mobile versions).
- Despite having its own video in DanceDanceRevolution, SABER WING did not use this video in beatmania IIDX until beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro.
- SABER WING appears as downloadable content for DanceDanceRevolution S+, in the DDR X Mega Hit Pack.
- SABER WING's sync was fixed in DanceDanceRevolution A20 on November 19, 2019.
- SABER WING is used as background music in a mission on the KONAMI arcade game ROAD FIGHTERS (ロードファイターズ).
- SABER WING was one of the qualifying round songs in the KONAMI Arcade Championship 2013 for beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA.
- SABER WING is one of the Refle unlockable songs in REFLEC BEAT groovin'!!. It can be purchased from the Reflec Shop for 1200 Refle, after clearing the song in the BPM Change Test (BPM変化検定) in REFLEC Dojo, which was added on August 8th, 2014.
- In REFLEC BEAT plus, SABER WING was subject to a bug wherein the large BPM changes were more pronounced than in the arcade, causing some Objects to travel to the bottom of the screen within a few frames. This has been fixed as of version 4.3.0 of REFLEC BEAT plus.
- The update notes for version 4.3.0 specifically mention SABER WING as being part of the reason for this fix.
- SABER WING was added to beatmania IIDX INFINITAS on December 8th, 2016 as part of the December 2016 Basic Subscription Monthly Songs.
- From August 2017, it can be purchased with BITs.
- After being removed from the initial release of REFLEC BEAT 悠久のリフレシア, SABER WING was revived on November 15th, 2018.
Song Production Information
Hello all beatmania IIDX fans! TAG here
I thank you all for the popularity of SABER WING and its inclusion into the game!!!
The song was originally made for DanceDanceRevolution X, and for this song, we incorporated some unique rhythms and a changing BPM gimmick.
I added the BPM gimmick because I felt that the song should coordinate with the moves a person made, and the DDR team also requested me to make a song with some tricks in it.
This is based of a story from Macross, in which the space fighter "Saber Wing" travels through space, encountering many scenarios. (?) It's a bit of a complicated story, and I tend to linger on about too much on it.
This is TAG's debut release on DDR. Its unique and catchy rhythm stay on everyone's mind once they hear it. Its peculiar sound is formed by interweaving 3-beat and 5-beat patterns, and creates an illusion of floating in the air for the listener. You won't find such a feeling in other songs! Can you follow its roller coaster BPM and tricky rhythm?
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 20 from X onwards.
REFLEC BEAT to groovin'!! Upper difficulty rated from 1 to 10+, 1 to 13 in VOLZZA/VOLZZA 2, and 1 to 15 in 悠久のリフレシア. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd and Textage.cc.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem→Present||-||5||9||11||-||5||9||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||5||9||11||-||5||9||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||5||9||11||-||-||-||-||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||162 / 0||258 / 24||346 / 33||442 / 24||389 / 18 / 59||271 / 9||330 / 17||433 / 13||389 / 13 / 48|
|DanceDanceRevolution X CS US/JP||5||8||10||13||13||8||10||13||13|
|REFLEC BEAT groovin'!!→VOLZZA 2||4||7||10||-|
|REFLEC BEAT plus||4||7||10||-|
|REFLEC BEAT 悠久のリフレシア||6||9||12||-|