- Name: Atsushi Shindo (新堂敦士)
- Birthplace: Osaka
- Hobbies: Going to the cinema, DVD&CD collection, videogames, driving
- Favorite artists: Prince, Sex Pistols, T-Rex, Beatles
- Favorite food: Fruit, chocolate, yakiniku, fried egg
- Dislikes: Cooked fish, shiitake
- twitter: https://twitter.com/a2c_lion
Atsushi Shindo (born April 7th, 1969) is a former prolific commission artist in the pop'n music series, appearing in almost every arcade entry from pop'n music 3 through pop'n music 10 (the one exception being pop'n music 6). He is well-known for the long-running POWERFOLK series of songs, and his distinctive singing voice.
In 2004 Atsushi's 5-year contact with KONAMI expired. At the same time, though, Atsushi was being accused of plagiarism in his lyrics, as this archived web page illustrates the accounts of. When this became public, KONAMI removed all of Atsushi's songs from the pop'n music arcade series in pop'n music 12 いろは; he hasn't been seen in BEMANI since. Despite the plagiarism controversy, Atsushi continued to write music with his long-time arrangement partner Katsuyuki Harada until 2006.
After 2006, Atsushi Shindo went quiet until 2015, when he started doing collaborations and new songs again, this time self-publishing his own material. He released his first album in almost a decade, Juicy!, in 2015, and did an EP with good-cool titled DESIREEEEEE!! under the alias A2COOL (A2 coming from his first name, Atsu. Tsu is read in Japanese as the number two).
- Data of Eros can be found in pop'n music 11. However, the song never made it to the final version.
- All of Atsushi Shindo's songs were composed, written, and sung by Atsushi himself, and all of them were arranged by Katsuyuki Harada (原田勝道).
- The one exception was Shake! -Game Ver.-, whose short cut was co-arranged by Yoichi Hayashi.
- Three of Atsushi Shindo's post-2015 songs later appeared as licenses in CAPCOM's crossbeats REV.SUNRISE - Juicy! ～幸せスパイラル～, 赤いヘッドホン, and 愛をほおばりたいッ！～Like a Monkey!～.
- These songs mark Atsushi's first appearances in any music game in over 11 years.
- According to his appearance in the crossbeats Housoukyoku #01 (クロスビーツ放送局#01) stream, Atsushi was a high school classmate of Naoki Maeda.
|なんか変だ||POWER FOLK||pop'n music 3|
|君を壊したい||POWER FOLK 2||pop'n music 4|
|君が好きだよ ～守って守ってあげるから||POWER FOLK 3||pop'n music 5|
|君が好きだよ ～守って守ってあげるから・・・Folky Version||POWER ACO||pop'n music 5|
|SLOW DOWN||POWER FOLK 4||pop'n music 5 CS|
|Shake! -Game Ver.-||POWER FOLK 7||pop'n music 6 CS|
|サムライ・シンドローム||POWER FOLK 5||pop'n music 7|
|Fashion ~ver.1~||POWER FOLK 6||pop'n music 8|
|Dynamic! Atomic! S.C.B.G. ~ver.1~||CYBER ROCKABILLY||pop'n music 9|
|New Sensation||SLASH BEATS||pop'n music 9 CS|
|ナーバス ブレークダウン～タイプゼロ～||DIGI FOLK||pop'n music 10|
- 君を壊したい〜Triple Zero〜 (2002)
- BRAND-NEW UPPER! (2004)
- BA-ZOO-KA (2006)
- I KISS YOU (1996)
- なんか変だ! 〜from pop'n music 3〜 (1999)
- 君を壊したい (2000)
- 君が好きだよ〜守って守ってあげるから〜 (2001)
- Shake! (2001)
- サムライ・シンドローム (2002)
- SLOW DOWN〜地球よ廻れ〜 (2002)
- Dynamic! Atomic! S.C.B.G. / Crazy 4U (2003)
- 祈望 (2003)
- Gold (2005)
- Beautiful days (2006)
- Going Crazy (2006)
- DESIREEEEEE!! (2016, with good-cool as A2COOL)