Genre: GLITCH STEP
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- A long version of subtractive, titled subtractive -Extended Mix-, can be found on Sota Fujimori's fifth album, SYNTHESIZED5.
- subtractive is one of the FUTURE Phase exclusive songs of beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL.
- subtractive's video is linked to illuminate's video, as it shows the same objects featured in illuminate's video.
- subtractive is named after the subtractive synthesis, which is a method of sound synthesis in which partials of an audio signal (often one rich in harmonics) are attenuated by a filter to alter the timbre of the sound.
- subtractive is available in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS as part of the beatmania IIDX INFINITAS 楽曲パック vol.8.
Song Production Information
So I got a request to make a song similar to high-speed "Glitch-Hop" song while not being too derivative from Glitch Hop?
So I got started making the song.
When I used the synthesizer to make the song, I didn't use a PCM waveform (samples), so I used subtractive (removal) and additive (addition) methods to make the song.
Because I used mainly the subtractive synth method in making this song, I titled the song as such.
A long version of this song is on SYNTHESIZED5.
Please check it out. Thanks.
Video Production Information
Hello, this is Seventhgraphics.
This song was paired up with illuminate by the music director and as such, the movie direction for illuminate and this song were asked to be matched up close to each other.
So in the far future, from which this song is based, there was a new branch of physics that had been discovered that a machine that discovered and stored yet had been forgotten by people. A solitary machine, which keeps storing and forever keep memories, yet forgotten in time? I thought that this idea was a good idea for a song titled subtractive.
The movie is linked with illuminate, and I hope you can see the relationship between the two movies.
Thank you Taiyo Yamamoto.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL→24 SINOBUZ||-||4||7||10||-||4||7||10||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||4||7||10||-||4||7||10||-|