Artist: Mystic Moon
Composition/Arrangement: Mystic Moon
Genre: PSYCHE FUSION
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- A part of Vermillion is used as unlockable system music in beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem (as the Mystic Moon BGM).
- Vermillion is the ending theme of beatmania IIDX 17 SIRIUS, the third consecutive ending theme to be placed on the following style.
- Vermillion is Daichi Watanabe's first original composition in BEMANI, as well as his debut in the beatmania IIDX series.
- Vermillion marks Daichi Watanabe's first use of his Mystic Moon alias in BEMANI.
- Vermillion made its first album appearance on the beatmania IIDX -SUPER BEST BOX- bonus disc.
- Vermillion's title is a corruption of the word vermilion, a red pigment used in artwork.
- Vermillion is the first full new video from HES in beatmania IIDX since beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY.
- According to HES, the video for Vermillion was the first one completed for beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem.
- Vermillion is used as background music in a mission on the KONAMI arcade game ROAD FIGHTERS (ロードファイターズ).
- Vermillion lost its unique title card in beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro.
- Vermillion was added to beatmania IIDX INFINITAS on May 2nd, 2017 as part of the May 2017 Basic Subscription Monthly Songs.
- From June 2019, it can be purchased with BITs.
Song Production Information
Biting into something with beautiful crimson lips and teeth, could you find the words to describe such beauty?
Vermillion was originally written for SIRIUS, but following in recent IIDX endings tradition, the song was returned as a playable song in Resort Anthem.
Upon hearing that this would be playable, I asked HES to prepare and make the movie for this song.
Even after many viewings of it, the movie still makes my heart excited.
This song is a fusion of melodic elements and psychedelic sounds from the good old days of games.
I hope that you enjoy the synths and the charge notes.
Video Production Information
When I first heard the ending song for SIRIUS, I thought that it was a great song, so when I was invited to make the movie for the song, I agreed.
I remember seeing the list of staff responsible for the movies for the 18th at one time or another, and they wanted someone with a lot of experience working for the SIRIUS ending song, so I volunteered to make it.
It ended up being the first movie finished for the 18th.
While GOLI and WAVE focused on the 3-D polygon models and design of the background interface, I decided to cut out parts of the original movie and emphasizing crisp editing.
If you look carefully enough, you might be able to see dog ears every 5th frame.
Difficulty & Notecounts
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|Notecounts / Charge Notes||-||272 / 8||589 / 24||1045 / 0||-||276 / 24||743 / 39||1091 / 0||-|
|beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem→Present||-||5||8||10||-||5||8||10||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||5||8||10||-||5||8||10||-|