Not to be confused with volcano.
VJ: XTC (overlays by square_head_dopestyle)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- Vulkan is German for "Volcano".
- It also the corruption of "Vulcan", the god of fire, the forge, and the volcanoes in Roman mythology.
- If a AAA rank is obtained during gameplay before Vulkan ends, a secret overlay is revealed.
- The word "油断大敵" (Yudantaiteki) is shown in the overlay in the middle of Vulkan featuring the pecking chicken and in the secret AAA overlay.
- Gypsycore refers to the combination of breakcore and gypsy music genres.
- Gypsy music is a derogatory term for Romani music, the music of the Romani people who originated from northern India.
- Gypsy is also a short word for Egyptian.
- Vulkan is available in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS as part of beatmania IIDX INFINITAS 楽曲パック vol.9.
Song Production Information
"What is Gypsycore?"
I will never forget the shock I received when I first heard the music two years ago.
The raised pitch of the Roma music and the sudden break with the hail of Amen in the middle really caught me!
It was like a bad head trip!
I really wanted to make a sudden and unlimited impact to you, like what happened to me and that song.
And with square_head's crazy movie, along with this genre first appearing in IIDX, it feels like all cares have been thrown to the wind!
Don't even hesitate, come and play this!
Video Production Information
Hommarju?! What the heck am I looking at? And why am I looking at a picture of a chicken!
The IIDX team and Hommarju sent me a request asking me to make a movie about "feeling foolish, like you have been hit by a chicken."
Foolish.... Speaking of which, I haven't really seen much animated movies for this game recently.
A chicken... what the hell am I supposed to do with this.
While I was thinking what to do, I listened to this song on a loop... and really became ILL listening to it.
So I remembered the old times with the 5-key games.
I also remembered the rottel series, which were made so long ago yet still sounded fresh.
The opportunity to design a movie off such a song is pretty rare. I needed to take advantage of this situation!
Thinking about what to design, a picture of a rooster and a strong man appeared to me, and momentum began to swing my way, momentum, momentum!
I also wanted to put a street sense to this movie, and it is, this is, this is....!
OH GREAT! THIS IS ACTUALLY HARDER THAN I THOUGHT THIS IS TERRIBLE AAAAHHH...!
The last part in making this movie was actually fun, finishing the movie in a calm and collected manner, while not really bothering with the rules that were made to me in making the movie.
Such is this animation.
I hoped to convey these feelings through the movie, and I was very glad to see such notes from players at the location test.
Also, I hope to make another animation.
If you look carefully behind the logo in the movie, you'll see the meaning of the title.
I think it was really fun, hiding such words in the movie itself. Don't worry, it isn't strange or dirty.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL→Present||-||5||9||11||-||5||9||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||5||9||11||-||5||9||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||5||9||11||-||-||-||-||-|