What I'd Say
What I'd Say
Artist: Ray Charles
Composition/Arrangement/Lyrics/Vocals: Ray Charles
Album: What'd I Say (1959)
First Music Game Appearance: DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX3
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Hey mama, don't you treat me wrong Come and love your daddy all night long All right now, hey hey, all right See the girl with the diamond ring She knows how to shake that thing All right now now now, hey hey, hey hey Tell your mama, tell your pa I'm gonna send you back to Arkansas Oh yes, ma'm, you don't do right, don't do right Aw, play it boy When you see me in misery Come on baby, see about me Now yeah, all right, all right, aw play it, boy When you see me in misery Come on baby, see about me Now yeah, hey hey, all right See the girl with the red dress on She can do the Birdland all night long Yeah yeah, what'd I say, all right Well, tell me what'd I say, yeah Tell me what'd I say right now Tell me what'd I say Tell me what'd I say right now Tell me what'd I say Tell me what'd I say yeah And I wanna know Baby I wanna know right now And-a I wanna know And I wanna know right now yeah And-a I wanna know Said I wanna know yeah Spoken: Hey, don't quit now! (c'mon honey) Naw, I got, I uh-uh-uh, I'm changing (stop! stop! we'll do it again) Wait a minute, wait a minute, oh hold it! Hold it! Hold it! Hey (hey) ho (ho) hey (hey) ho (ho) hey (hey) ho (ho) hey Oh one more time (just one more time) Say it one more time right now (just one more time) Say it one more time now (just one more time) Say it one more time yeah (just one more time) Say it one more time (just one more time) Say it one more time yeah (just one more time)
Song Connections / Remixes
- A cover of What I'd Say was released by Elvis Presley as a single.
- What I'd Say's title is mispelled in the DanceDanceRevolution series. The proper spelling is What'd I Say.
- In the DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX3 credits, What I'd Say is titled as What I'd Say parts I & II.
- What I'd Say is the second oldest licensed song in DanceDanceRevolution, beaten by He's A Tramp by roughly four years.
- What I'd Say is one of the most influential songs in R&B and rock and roll history, and it was ranked #10 in Rolling Stone's The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.
- What I'd Say's graphics were made by Takahiro Nakajima.
- While What I'd Say's BPM is displayed as simply 162, the tempo is not constant, reaching up to 181.36 BPM.
Song Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2.
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||100 / 4||148 / 7||226 / 13||407 / 19||- / - / -||148 / 7||223 / 13||422 / 11||- / - / -|
Other charts not shown on the above table:
- DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX3 Double BEGINNER chart: Total notes: 100 / 4.