Composition/Arrangement: Tomoyuki Uchida
Length: 1:47 (beatmania IIDX), 1:30 (DanceDanceRevolution)
VJ: VJ GYO
Jacket design: RICE.C
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 8th style
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- xenon is part of Mr.T's ELECTROSHOCK series of songs.
- A slower, instrumental version of xenon, titled xenon -unplugged-, is used as the ending song for beatmania IIDX 10th style.
- A remastered long version of xenon -unplugged-, featuring violin by Nami Koizumi, was uploaded by Tomoyuki Uchida to his YouTube channel.
- The DanceDanceRevolution series uses a slightly shorter version of xenon.
- xenon appears as part of Power 2 Shuffle Mix, from DanceDanceRevolution UNIVERSE.
- A sequel to xenon, titled XENON II 〜TOMOYUKIの野望〜, can be found in beatmania IIDX 26 Rootage.
- A remastered, extended version of xenon, titled xenon【2020 Re:build】, was uploaded by Tomoyuki Uchida to his YouTube channel.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- Xenon is the chemical element #54 on the periodic table. It goes by Xe, and is used in lamps and as a general anesthetic.
- xenon is the ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE song of beatmania IIDX 8th style.
- In the arcade version of beatmania IIDX 8th style, a special banner illustrated by GOLI appears on xenon's splash screen before the song starts. This was never put on a CS beatmania IIDX game.
- xenon is one of the 6th PASS hidden songs of DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME.
- xenon's title in DanceDanceRevolution UNIVERSE was slightly changed to Xenon.
- It also received a Double BEGINNER chart in DanceDanceRevolution UNIVERSE.
- xenon was one of 30 possible picks for songs for REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper's 7th Set (Users' SELECTION) of the BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS unlocking system.
- xenon is unlockable in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS from September 6th, 2017, after purchasing its charts with BITs.
Song Production Information
The second installment in the electroshock series, which began with ZERO-ONE. This song is also a thrilling song that spares nothing in the groovy rhythm department. Naturally I used the arpeggiator built into my synth equipment to finish off the song, but the beta version was written in MIDI. That's what makes the sound so great! (lie) Actually, I don't really get how to use it. Since these parts are all assigned keysounds, the game becomes kind of a human arpeggiator.
Note: an arpeggiator is a device or program that automatically plays arpeggios.
CS Information Data
You have unlocked the song "xenon" by Mr.T. Invisible like the air, "xenon" is a special element that can create intense light without a lot of energy. Difficult to extract and rare in the atmosphere, the song "xenon" is much like the gas - intense but minimal, one of a kind and hidden in its own atmosphere. Be sure to breathe deeply while playing.
Video Production Information
It was around the end of summer this year. Around the end of one of the festivals, all of the IIDX staff were watching fireworks together. The brilliantly colored sparks rained down almost unendingly, flickering in and out at high speed. Huge fireworks that looked like some sort of dangerous electrical device ... Its name is "xenon".
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 7+ in 8th and 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in 11 IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 from 12 HAPPY SKY onward.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 8th style→9th style||-||5||7+||N/A||-||4||7||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style→11 IIDX RED||-||5||8||N/A||-||4||7||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→Present||-||5||↑9||11||-||↑5||↑8||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX 8th style CS||-||5||7+||7+||-||4||7||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style CS||-||5||8||8||-||4||7||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||3||5||9||11||-||5||8||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||5||9||11||-||5||8||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||5||9||11||-||-||-||-||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||121 / 0||160 / 12||271 / 12||375 / 11||- / - / -||177 / 12||251 / 11||363 / 12||- / - / -|
|Dancing Stage Fusion||1||4||6||9||-||5||6||9||-|
|DDRMAX2 US CS||1||4||6||9||-||5||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME JP CS||1||4||6||9||-||5||6||9||-|
|Dancing Stage Fusion PS2||1||4||6||9||-||5||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution / Dancing Stage UNIVERSE||N/A||4||6||9||-||5||6||9||-|
|Mr.T's ELECTROSHOCK series of songs|
|ZERO-ONE - xenon - EXE - vault of heaven - electro peaceful - attack in the minor key - XENON II 〜TOMOYUKIの野望〜|