- 1 .59
- 1.1 Song Information
- 1.2 Lyrics
- 1.3 Song Connections / Remixes
- 1.4 Trivia
- 1.5 Song Production Information
- 1.6 CS Information Data
- 1.7 Video Production Information
- 1.8 Difficulty & Notecounts
Artist: dj TAKA
Conposition/Arrangement: Takayuki Ishikawa
Recording Engineer: Mitsuyasu Kaneko
Genre: CHILL OUT
VJ: VJ GYO (overlays by GOLI)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 2nd style
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- In beatmania IIDX, .59 sounds different when played on ANOTHER difficulty.
- A long version of .59, titled .59 [live], appears on the History of beatmania IIDX and TaQ's bounce connected albums. It is done by both dj TAKA and TaQ under their OutPhase alias.
- A remix of .59 by Jesper Kyd, simply titled .59 remix, appears in DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2.
- Another remix of .59 by IDEA+RHYTHM, titled .59 -BOOTH BOOST REMIX-, appears in SOUND VOLTEX BOOTH.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- .59 is pronounced as "tengoku", which means "heaven".
- .59 received LIGHT charts, a brand-new Single ANOTHER chart, and a new 14KEY chart in beatmania IIDX 3rd style.
- .59 received a Double ANOTHER chart in beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED.
- .59's DanceDanceRevolution banner uses the font the song's name comes up on the music select screen in beatmania IIDX 3rd style. (This was similarly done for the beatmania song air in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME.)
- Also, DanceDanceRevolution character DEVIL-ZUKIN appears in .59's graphics.
- .59 received a BEGINNER chart in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME.
- .59 received a new banner in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME CS (America). This banner was carried over to the arcade releases in DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA.
- .59's overlays were removed from the beatmania IIDX arcade games as of beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro due to technical issues.
- In DanceDanceRevolution Classroom Edition, .59's title was slightly altered to 0.59.
- .59 was one of 30 possible picks for songs for REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper's 7th Set (Users' SELECTION) of the BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS unlocking system.
- .59 is unlockable in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS from October 5th, 2016, after purchasing its NORMAL, HYPER, and ANOTHER charts with BITs.
Song Production Information
It seems like there's an awful lot of techno, and my song ".59" is kind of a response to this. I guess it's in the nature of IIDX. It's pretty ha~rd. I wonder if I'm the only one on the staff that can do it. The entire history of German music from Bach to German trance is all somehow represented in this song! The historic circumstances and occasional chaos of the fusion of East and West is there too! (Yeah, right.) By the way, the whole staff was chatting about the name of the song. Here's VJ GYO to tell you the meaning behind .59!
CS Information Data
".59" by dj TAKA debuted on Dance Dance Revolution KONAMIX and stands on its own as a really cool tech-house track. From the ambient influenced opening to the orchestral instruments to the driving house beat, ".59" will definitely get your house in the groove. Check out other songs by this artist in this game and Dance Dance Revolution KONAMIX, DDRMAX Dance Dance Revolution and DDRMAX2 Dance Dance Revolution.
Video Production Information
".59". Have you all figured out how to pronounce it? It's not "point five nine", but "tengoku", the word for heaven. The dot is "ten", five is "go", and nine is pronounced "ku" this time. We ended up using a generic video for this song, but GOLI was able to come up with a key animation to appear when players press the keys on the keyboard, working with his usual high-energy spirit in a limited time. The song title may not be obvious as "Tengoku" or "Heaven" to everyone; the song and animation don't associate themselves directly with the idea. It's not so much praise for the people that have gotten there, but a message of relief for those that are suffering along the way ...
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 7 in 2nd through 4th style, 1 to 7+ 5th through 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in 11 IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 2nd style||-||-||6||N/A||-||-||6||-||-|
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 3rd style→10th style||-||4||6||N/A||-||4||6||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED||-||4||6||N/A||-||4||6||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→Present||-||4||6||7||-||4||6||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 3rd style CS||-||4||6||6||-||4||6||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style CS||2||4||6||6||-||4||6||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style CS||2||4||6||6||-||4||6||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED CS||2||4||6||7||-||4||6||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||2||4||6||7||-||4||6||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||4||6||7||-||4||6||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||4||6||7||-||-||-||-||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||90 / 0||157 / 0||234 / 0||275 / 0||- / - / -||173 / 0||226 / 0||281 / 0||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution 4thMIX CS||-||4||6||7||-||4||6||7||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution KONAMIX / Dancing Stage PARTY EDiTiON||-||4||6||7||-||4||6||7||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX / Dancing Stage Unleashed||-||4||6||7||-||4||6||7||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME US CS||1||4||6||7||-||4||6||7||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution 4thMIX Solo→4thMIX PLUS Solo||4||6||7|
|DanceDanceRevolution 4thMIX CS||4||6||7|
|DanceDanceRevolution KONAMIX / Dancing Stage PARTY EDiTiON||4||6||7|