- 1 Bad Routine
- 1.1 Song Information
- 1.2 Lyrics
- 1.3 Song Connections / Remixes
- 1.4 Trivia
- 1.5 Song Production Information
- 1.6 CS Information Data
- 1.7 Video Production Information
- 1.8 Difficulty & Notecounts
Artist: D.J. Spugna
Composition/Arrangement: D.J. Spugna
Length: 1:57 (beatmania IIDX), 2:09 (OST), 1:32 (DanceDanceRevolution)
Genre: FILTER HOUSE
VJ: shiro (7th style), VJ GYO (8th style CS, DistorteD→Present)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 7th style
Other Music Game Appearances:
Some vocal samples can be heard.
Song Connections / Remixes
- The version of Bad Routine found on the beatmania IIDX 7th style ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK album is slightly longer than the in-game version.
- The DanceDanceRevolution series use a shorter version of Bad Routine.
- Bad Routine's video was removed in beatmania IIDX 8th style.
- Upon its revival on the arcade releases in beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD, Bad Routine's unique movie was not restored, and was replaced with another generic video.
- Bad Routine received ANOTHER charts in beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS CS. These charts were carried over to the arcade releases in beatmania IIDX 19 Lincle.
- According to the DanceDanceRevolution Master Songlist, Bad Routine was supposed to first appear in DDRMAX -DanceDanceRevolution-.
- Bad Routine received a new banner in DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA.
Song Production Information
This time, I made this song by playing around with a newly-purchased analog filter.
Until now, I've always done the same thing with the way I influence a song's dynamics with the number of sounds and phrases, so wow, I was surprised.
I got this sort of dynamics with my first try with the filter. I got a little obsessed now.
Next time I want to try it on vocals.
CS Information Data
DDRMAX2 -DanceDanceRevolution- / DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME (America)
"Bad Routine" by D.J. Spugna. Don't let the song title jinx you during your performance, because "Bad Routine" is an awesome house song that is screaming for a good routine to go with it.
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX to 10th style difficulty rated from 1 to 7+ (up to 9th style) or 8 (10th style), and from 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style→9th style||-||5||6||-||6||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD→18 Resort Anthem||-||5||↑7||-||6||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 19 Lincle→Present||-||5||7||9||6||7||9|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style CS||-||5||6||-||6||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 8th style CS||2||5||6||-||6||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS CS||2||5||7||9||6||7||9|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||103 / 0||127 / 4||189 / 7||207 / 30||- / - / -||117 / 7||187 / 4||226 / 12||- / - / -|
|DDRMAX2 CS US||1||4||5||6||-||3||6||7||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME CS JP/US||1||4||5||6||-||3||6||7||-|