- DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX
- Dance Maniax 2ndMIX append J-PARADISE
Song Connections / Remixes
- A long live version of DXY! appears on TaQ's album, bounce connected.
- DXY!'s title is pronounced "dixie", not "dee-echs-why", according to a Q&A on the official beatmania IIDX 4th style site.
- At the time of its release, DXY!'s Double ANOTHER chart had the most notes of any beatmania IIDX chart, at 1529 notes.
- DXY! received a BEGINNER chart in Dancing Stage EuroMIX2.
- With 57 jumps, DXY!'s BEGINNER chart has the most jumps of any BEGINNER chart in the DanceDanceRevolution franchise.
- DXY! received a different banner and Solo and Battle steps in DanceDanceRevolution KONAMIX.
- DXY! has never appeared on a PlayStation 2 DanceDanceRevolution release.
- DXY! is one of the few KONAMI originals in DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX that does not appear in Dancing Stage Unleashed.
- DXY! is available in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS as part of the beatmania IIDX INFINITAS 楽曲パック vol.5.
Song Production Information
This is the most techno of all techno tracks in beatmania's history. You could say that the synth sounds in this song are more representative of TaQ's live music than previous beatmania tracks. As it happens, whenever he was stuck on various ideas during the arrangement of Voltage, there are various synth sounds he'd ask about. These sounds were reborn into the DXY! sound. Conversely, the sounds that TaQ suggested I use end up appearing in yet other songs. We have a good relationship as fellow musicians, and have lots of little mini-collaborations like that all the time. The name of the song is a parody of descriptive sounds we used between us. "Hey! TaQ, are you really going to go that far with it!?" I wonder if my saying that decided its fate ...
Video Production Information
This is a great song that burns with a sense of impatience. I wanted to express the rhythm, focus, and development of the song with a great feeling, so I collected them together into a common element: color. It's the first time I've dealt with on-the-spot filming, but it also let me study the interesting points of it.
This is a bit of a digression, but ... When I asked TaQ about the meaning of "DXY!", he said it was basically a greeting between friends, but from listening to this song I've always had the impression of some sort of killing machine. Sorry *g*
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 7 in 4th style, 1 to 7+ from 5th through 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty from 2ndMIX CLUB VER. through 5thMIX (and the Solo games) rated from 1 to 9, 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 4th style||-||6||7||N/A||-||6||7||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style||-||6||↑7+||N/A||-||6||↑7+||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 6th style||-||↓5||7+||N/A||-||6||7+||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style→10th style||-||↑6||7+||N/A||-||↓5||7+||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED||-||6||8||N/A||-||5||↑8+||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY||-||6||↑9||10||-||↑6||↑11||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD→Present||-||6||9||10||-||6||↑12||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 4th style CS||-||6||7||7||-||6||7||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style CS||3||6||7||7||-||6||7||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 6th style CS||1||6||7+||7+||-||6||7+||7+||-|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style CS||-||6||7+||7+||-||5||7+||7+||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED CS||3||6||8||8+||-||5||8+||8+||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||3||6||9||10||-||6||12||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||6||9||10||-||6||12||12||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||108 / 0||157 / 0||269 / 0||355 / 0||- / - / -||205 / 0||227 / 0||334 / 0||- / - / -|
|Dancing Stage EuroMIX2||1||4||6||8||-||4||6||8||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX CS||-||4||6||8||-||4||6||8||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution KONAMIX / Dancing Stage PARTY EDiTiON||-||4||6||8||-||4||6||8||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTIMATE MOBILE||5||6||9||12||-||-||-||-||-|