Composition/Arrangement: Tomoyuki Uchida
Genre: PIANO BALLADE
Movie: VJ GYO
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 10th style
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- A remix of desolation by dj REMO-CON, titled desolation (dj Remo-con ReMixx), can be found on the beatmania IIDX REMIX for 10th Success Anniversary album.
- A remastered, extended version of desolation, titled desolation【2020 Re:build】, was uploaded by Tomoyuki Uchida to his YouTube channel.
- According to Mr.T's song comments on EXE, he created it after completing desolation.
- After being removed in the previous arcade style, desolation was revived in the Lincle Kingdom unlock system in beatmania IIDX 19 Lincle, obtainable upon reaching Level 25.
- desolation is unlockable in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS from April 5th, 2017, after purchasing its charts with BITs.
Song Production Information
Ballads are thought to be the most unrelated to the beatmania series.
Actually, ballad is one of my favorite genres, and I thought about including them in IIDX someday as an "enjoyable" form.
One day, I arrived at work earlier than usual, and as I slowly played the piano by myself and immersed myself in that world, a melody suddenly came to mind, and I immediately created the melody and chords.
I kept the composition and arrangement simple, with drums, bass, piano, guitar, and strings, and I focused on their performance and tone.
At the arcade, it felt like a pianist accompanied by a band, and I'd be happy if you enjoy it.
Video Production Information
What do you think when you view that scene?
When I look back on my prior glory, I feel despair. When I think about my future glory, I feel hope.
It's neither feeling... this song conveys a warm sense of desolation.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 in HAPPY SKY onwards.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style→11 IIDX RED||-||2||4||N/A||-||2||4||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→17 SIRIUS||-||2||4||5||-||↑3||4||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 19 Lincle→Present||-||2||4||5||-||3||4||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style CS||-||2||4||4||-||3||4||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||2||4||5||-||3||4||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||2||4||5||-||-||-||-||-|
|Q-pro Revival Songs||entrance - Hormiga obrera - bag - desolation - 2 tribe 4 K|
|Q-pro CS Unlocks||PentaCube Gt.(RX-Ver.S.P.L.) - Infinite cave - QUANTUM TELEPORTATION - ƒƒƒƒƒ - 子供の落書き帳|
|Boss Songs Phase #1||The Sampling Paradise (Mamonis) - Scharfrichter (Ashemu)|
In the Blackest Den (Bulluvegola) - 聖人の塔 (Beridzebeth)
|Boss Songs Phase #2||Todestrieb (Rche) - NNRT (Levaslater) - The Limbo (STN) - YAKSHA (Neulakyussra)|
|The Last Guardian (ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE)||天空の夜明け|