This page is for the Tatsh feat.星野奏子 song titled 月光. For the licensed cover that appears in ノスタルジア FORTE, please see Gekkou (Chihiro Onitsuka).
Not to be confused with 月光蝶.
Artist: Tatsh feat.星野奏子
Composition: Ludwig Van Beethoven
Lyrics: Junko Hirata
Vocals: Kanako Hoshino
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
夜空に浮かぶ月の光が あなたの影を映し出してた 切ない夜の夢 儚く消えるだけ 空を見上げていても 何も変わらないのに・・・ もう二度と戻れない日々ばかりで 追いかけては募る思い出たち もう一度 あの冬の夜のように 強く深く抱きしめあえたなら 逢いたいと願う気持ちが一つずつ 柔らかな光とともに沈んでゆく
yozora ni ukabu tsuki no hikari ga anata no kage wo utsushi dashiteta setsunai yoru no yume hakanaku kieru dake sora wo miagete ite mo nani mo kawaranai no ni mou nido to modorenai hibi bakari de oikakete wa tsunoru omoide tachi mou ichido ano fuyuu no yoru no you ni tsuyoku fukaku dakishime aeta nara aitai to negau kimochi ga hitotsu zutsu yawaraka na hikari to tomo ni shizunde yuku
The light of the moon floating on the night sky Cast your shadow before me My painful dreams at night only vanish momentarily Even when I look up at the sky, nothing changes... I can't help chasing after The memories of days that won't ever return If only you could hold me close, strongly, again Like you did on that one winter night ... Little by little, my longing for you Sinks into the abyss with that gentle light
夜空に浮かぶ月の光が あなたの影を映し出してた 切ない夜の夢 儚く消えるだけ 空を見上げていても 何も変わらないのに もう二度と戻れない日々ばかりで 追いかけては募る思い出たち 会いたいと願う気持ちが一つずつ 柔らかな光とともに沈んでゆく どこにもいないあなたを探して 涙は行方見失ってる 悲しい言葉でお互いを傷つけて 孤独になるのなら 素直になればよかった もう一度あの冬の夜のように 強く深く抱きしめあえたなら 会いたいと願う気持ちが一つずつ 柔らかな光とともに沈んでゆく 動けない私の心は今でも 一人でいることが苦しくて... お互いに同じ気持ちでいたのなら 戻ることができたのかもしれない 積もっていた雪が溶け出し始めたら あなたとの出会った季節が訪れる
Song Connections / Remixes
- 月光 is a remix of the classic piece Piano Sonata No. 14 in C-Sharp minor Op.27-2, Moonlight, I - Adagio sostenuto (also known as The Moonlight Sonata) by Ludwig von Beethoven.
- The beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK album version of 月光 features an extended ending not heard in the game version.
- An extended version of 月光, titled 月光(ver0.99) and credited to Tatsh feat. JunkoHirata, appears on the BEMANIトップランカー決定戦 2006 Sound Tracks.
- A long version of 月光 appears on Kanako Hoshino's first album, EIGHT ELEMENTS OF THE STAR.
- A more instrumental remix of 月光 by Yasuhiro Abe, titled 月光(ANOTHER SENSE EDITION), appears on the KONAMI♪MUSICフル service's exclusive album, EIGHT ELEMENTS OF THE STAR ANOTHER SENSE.
- It later appeared on the KONAMISTYLE limited edition of Kanako Hoshino's first album, Prism.
- An acoustic version of 月光 by TAKKRATTS, titled 月光(Acoustic Ver), also appears on Prism.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- 月光 is a hidden song in beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY. To unlock it, you must clear ten songs revolving around moons, stars, light, or sung by Kanako Hoshino. The ten songs are as follows, in the following game folders:
- substream: THE EARTH LIGHT
- 5th style: RIDE ON THE LIGHT (HI GREAT MIX)
- 8th style: STAR FIELD
- 9th style: lights, moon_child
- 10th style: Back Into The Light
- IIDX RED: D.A.N.C.E.!, 太陽～T・A・I・Y・O～
- HAPPY SKY: MOON RACE, SPARK!
- 月光 will unlock after all ten songs have been cleared. (If a song already had clear status in your IIDX RED data, you will still need to play it again for it to count.)
- As of September 7th, 2005, 月光 is unlocked for everyone to play.
- Gekkou (月光) means "moonlight" in Japanese.
- 月光 can be unlocked from April 12th, 2016 on beatmania IIDX INFINITAS' Akashic Explore event.
- 月光 also appears in GRANDCROSS, a KONAMI medal redemption game.
Song Production Information
I had to think of what to do during the interlude.
I wanted to know how I could incorporate the classical song into the music.
I was finally able to link "Beethoven's Moonlight" with the feelings of heartbreak fading away in the light of the moon.
And now this hidden track is able to be played on standard and free mode.
It's like glancing at the moon.
Tatsh wrote to me saying he wanted to write a eurobeat song for me.
Now I'm not a fan of sad songs, which I cannot describe why, but it's hard for me to sing them.
I sing songs. Sometimes, I put too much emotion into a song, and get carried away.
Tatsh told me to not sing with so much emotion, and instructed me to sing with a more adult tone.
I think he wanted my voice to be like moonlight.
I struggled a lot with this song and received a lot of help, but I think it was a great learning experience.
For this song, I was also filmed for the movie, riding on a tram and being circled 360 degrees by the camera, but not moving at all.
I thought that was really cool!
Then, using props, in order to emphasize the moonlight, I was filmed near the Tokyo Tower, which was really impressive \ (~ o ~) /
This was a good song, and I got to kill two birds with one stone! Don't miss this ☆
Video Production Information
Sorry to bother you again. I'm matsushita from Tokyo Syokudo works.
GOLI one day called me and asked if I could direct a movie featuring Kanako Hoshino. It was an honor I could not refuse from a master.
Shooting: "Take up your positions!"
Many... difficulties came up.
With us standing alone filming at 8 PM on Christmas Eve with a tripod in the middle of a metropolitan area, we looked like a celebrity couple or a pair of suspicious people.
For the recorded part at the parking lot, it took five hours of filming on the first of the month in order for the moon to climb up to the right position, up until the dawn, with the chill in the air, to get the one scene right. We also were followed by groups of male fans and police while traveling.
Even with the latest filming technology, it seemed a waste to condense a month's worth of filming into a five minute montage and prepare a storyboard for further editing of the film.
But now, I have good memories of the shoot.
Hoshino was very impressive, even though the shoot was hard on her, her mouth, and vocal cords.
I remember her saying "I've sung the song so many times now."
I responded "I want to feel your emotions!" with tears in my eyes.
She was very professional throughout and was a quick learner.
The substantial amount of work she did helped to make the filming easier for me.
This definitely will increase her popularity.
We also filmed on the Tokyo 5 train, taking two round trips in order to get the shot right.
GOLI helped me a lot with the filming, and I also received assistance from VJ GYO.
In addition, VJ GYO helped for filming for four hours for one of the scenes.
Some of the scenes that he filmed also are in parts of two other song movies. Please look for them.
One other note, while we were looking at the colored lights of Shibuya, Hoshino bought a copy of Don Quixote.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→13 DistorteD||-||5||8||10||-||4||9||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD→Present||-||5||8||10||-||4||9||↓10||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY CS||1||5||8||10||-||4||9||10||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||1||5||8||10||-||4||9||10||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||5||8||10||-||4||9||10||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||5||8||10||-||-||-||-||-|