I Was The One
I Was The One
Composition/Arrangement: Tatsuya Furukawa
Lyrics/Vocals: Robbie Danzie
Genre: ITALO HOUSE
Movie: VJ GYO (overlays by GOLI)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 2nd style
Other Music Game Appearances:
Ooh Oh yeah Who said that you should walk out? Who said that love was over? Who said that you could walk out? Who said that love was gone? Who said that you should walk out? Who said that love was over? Who said that you could walk out? Who said that love was gone? Hold on and wait one minute Think you need reminding, hon I was the one who Never let you be without all you needed Now just think about what you'll be missing And you know, you should think Could it be, together we could fix it Whatever's wrong, love is worth saving I was the one who helped you To find your place in life (I was the one!) And when nobody loved you The heart you knew was mine I was the warmth and comfort Each day and every night (I was the one!) And when you needed someone I held your hand in mine (I was the one!) Yeah! (I was the one!) Oh baby, I was the one, the one, (I was the one!) the one-the one, the one, the one, Oh yes, I was the one, the one, (I was the one!) the one-the one, the one, the one, yeah.
Song Connections / Remixes
- An extended version of I Was The One appears on good-cool's first album, good-cool super collection beatmania & pop'n music.
- A remix of I Was The One by NAOKI, titled I Was The One (80's EUROBEAT STYLE), can be found in beatmania IIDX 9th style.
- A sequel to I Was The One, titled You Were The One, can be found in beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- According to dj TAKA's song comments, I Was The One's Double HYPER was designed to make you feel like you were playing a proper piano by making you use all 14 keys.
- I Was The One received LIGHT charts in beatmania IIDX 3rd style.
- I Was The One received a brand-new Double NORMAL chart in beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY.
- I Was The One is featured on disc 2 (Nonstop Megamix) of the beatmania 5thMIX Original Soundtracks album as a bonus track, despite not being in the game, or any beatmania / beatmania III game.
- It is also featured in the second disc ("ICHIOSHI TRACK" disc) of the beatmania BEST SOUNDTRACK album. This suggests that I Was The One might have been considered to be added to the original beatmania series at some point.
- I Was The One received a BEGINNER chart and a proper banner in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME.
- I Was The One received new banners in DanceDanceRevolution (PC) and DDRMAX -DanceDanceRevolution-.
- In DanceDanceRevolution (PC), I Was The One reuses PETIT LOVE's background animations.
- I Was The One lost its overlays in beatmania (2006).
- Its generic video was also replaced with the 6th HOUSE one.
- I Was The One's overlays were removed from the beatmania IIDX arcade games as of beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro due to technical issues.
- I Was The One has appeared in every Double Play 7th Kyu course in the arcade beatmania IIDX titles since it was introduced in beatmania IIDX 23 copula.
- I Was The One was removed from beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE on December 27th, 2019.
- It was also removed from the MUSIC PLAYER section of beatmania maniac-tracks from IIDX 2ndstyle , Yebisu MIX , Dancing Stage featuring TRUE KiSS DESTiNATiON.
- I Was The One's charts were re-rated in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS (2020) on April 20th, 2022.
Song Production Information
A sad yet beautiful piano-centered gameplay that is unique to 2DX.
The song's selling point is Double Play. Piano sounds are assigned to all 14 keys, so the feeling of playing using the fingers of both arms feels like playing a real piano.
It might be a bit disappointing for the difficulty level of pure Double players, but to those who have never played Double before, there's no doubt that it's the gateway to it.
Of course, 1P is also refined, so 1P fans don't worry!!
CS Information Data
"I Was The One" by good-cool combines deep soul and emotion with the energy of house rhythms to create a song that is guaranteed to get people movin' on the dancefloor.
Video Production Information
Italo House means house music made in Italy.
Italy is famous as the main source of Eurobeat these days, but I can feel the essence of this song's beautiful melody interspersed by the piano, and the powerful female vocals, etc.
It was an essential genre for early '90s rave parties, and although it's not an original movie, I assigned something like an image of a party at a resort during those days.
However, I've never been to one, so it's something I made from my imagination...
(I wish I could go to Ibiza even now! As a side note, the sea in the movie is from Kujukuri Beach in Chiba...)
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated 1 to 7 in 2nd style through 4th style, 1 to 7+ in 5th through 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in 11 IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onward. beatmania (2006) difficulty rated from 1 to 10.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty from 2ndMIX CLUB through 5thMIX (and the Solo games) rated from 1 to 9, and 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 2nd style||-||-||3||N/A||-||-||3||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 3rd style→4th style||-||2||3||N/A||-||2||3||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style→11 IIDX RED||-||2||3||N/A||-||2||↓2||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 3rd style CS||-||2||3||3||-||2||3||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style CS||2||2||3||3||-||2||3||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 6th style CS||2||2||3||3||-||2||3||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style CS||2||2||3||3||-||2||3||-||-|
※ Denotes chart has been revised from the older/newer CS chart (total notes: 174).
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→26 Rootage||-||2||3||3||-||1||2||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 27 HEROIC VERSE→Present||-||↑3||3||↑4||-||↑2||2||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD CS||1||2||3||3||-||1||2||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||1||2||3||3||-||1||2||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS/(2020) (launch-4/19/22)||-||2||3||3||-||1||2||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS (2020) (4/20/22-present)||-||3||3||4||-||2||3||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||2||3||3||-||-||-||-||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||91 / 0||145 / 0||217 / 0||291 / 0||- / - / -||141 / 0||236 / 0||277 / 0||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX CS||-||3||5||7||-||3||5||6||-|
|DDRMAX CS NA||-||3||5||7||-||3||5||6||-|
|Dancing Stage MegaMiX||1||3||5||7||-||3||5||6||-|
|DDRMAX2 CS NA||1||3||5||7||-||3||5||6||-|