Song Connections / Remixes
- A down-tempo, extended version of Innocent Walls appears on TaQ's second album, ongaq:stromatolite.
- The Single ANOTHER chart version of Innocent Walls sounds significantly different than the other charts.
- Innocent Walls was largely composed while TaQ was recuperating in a hospital. The title is a reference to hospital walls based on a conversation TaQ had with another patient.
- Innocent Walls' charts were written by TaQ himself.
- Retroactively, Innocent Walls is the first song to have a Level 12 Single HYPER chart.
- Innocent Walls' old BEGINNER chart has highest number of notes of any BEGINNER chart, with 530 notes.
- Innocent Walls and Changes are TaQ's last original songs in beatmania IIDX series.
- Measure #69 of Innocent Walls' ANOTHER chart may be considered an inside joke.
Song Production Information
The final wall is all too innocently ...
Video Production Information
Since this is a very bold song, I wanted the movie to have the same sort of vigorous feeling to it. (Do you get it? Don't wory about it, and just get into the feeling.)
I had the image of the "walls" in "Innocent Walls" being covered with graffiti. "No matter what is written on the wall, the wall is innocent - it has committed no crime." Something like that. Not really the same as "the pen is mightier than the sword". "Don't emphasize the violent aspect, but rather the expression on the wall. There's nothing wrong with using a wall this way." That kind of feeling is what I was aiming for ... (But be careful! In reality, it's a crime to write graffiti on the walls!)
So. The graffiti style. Street style. I went for a mix of the blood-splatter-like design + typography + TaQ. I don't think anyone realizes it, but the images are taken from the first Secret Live event.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 in HAPPY SKY onwards.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style||-||7||8||N/A||-||7||8||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED||-||7||↑8+||N/A||-||7||↑8+||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY||-||↑8||↑11||12||-||7||↑10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD→14 GOLD||-||8||↑12||12||-||7||10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS→Present||-||8||12||12||-||↑8||10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style CS||3||7||8||8||-||7||8||8||-|
|beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS CS||※3||8||12||12||-||7||10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||※3||8||12||12||-||8||10||12||-|
※ Denotes chart has been revised from the older BEGINNER chart (total notes: 394).