My Only Shining Star
Not to be confused with He is my only star.
My Only Shining Star
Artist: NAOKI feat. Becky Lucinda
Lyrics: Steven A. Haynes
Vocals: Becky Lucinda
Genre: HYPER EUROBEAT
VJ: VJ GYO
First Music Game Appearance: DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA
Other Music Game Appearances:
(Are you ready?) My only shining star You're my only guiding star (5,4,3,2,1! Shining star!) Meet my only shining star They'll make all your dreams come true And if you meet my only shining star They can do the same for you Shining down from up above Shining down on me and you Shining down is what they do So you can dance, the whole night through Meet my only shining star They'll make all your dreams come true And if you meet my only shining star They can do the same for you Shining down from up above Shining down on me and you Shining down is what they do So you can dance, the whole night through (Tell me, tell me, where you are My only shining star You're my only guiding star (You're my only guiding star!) Be my only shining star Make all dreams come true (Come true!) And if you meet my only shining star They can do the same for you (They can do the same for you!) D to the A to the A to the N to the A to the C to the C to the E, dance baby!!
Song Connections / Remixes
- The beta or prototype version of My Only Shining Star without the rapping verses, titled My Only Shining Star (E3 2006 Video Version), can be found on the DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA Exclusive Music Sampler album.
- A remix of My Only Shining Star by Danceforze, titled My Only Shining Star (Danceforze Dance to Death Mix), appears on the DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA Limited Edition Music Sampler and DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA Original Soundtrack albums.
- Another remix of My Only Shining Star by PureFocus, titled My Only Shining Star (PureFocus Extended Remix), appears on the DanceDanceRevolution UNIVERSE Limited Edition Music Sampler album.
- DanceDanceRevolution UNIVERSE's version of My Only Shining Star sounds more "live" when compared to the version heard in the arcade version of the DanceDanceRevolution and beatmania IIDX series.
- This version was put in the DanceDanceRevolution DDR MUSIC, MOVES 'N MORE Limited Edition Sampler CD.
- A remixed version of My Only Shining Star was performed live in the release event for DanceDanceRevolution (PS3). This version has never been released to the public.
- A rock remix of My Only Shining Star by Kuro appears in Rock Revolution.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- On the DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA Limited Edition Music Sampler and DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA/ULTRAMIX4 Limited Edition Music Sampler CDs, My Only Shining Star's genre is EURO TRANCE.
- In DanceDanceRevolution Disney Channel EDITION, My Only Shining Star's title and artist are capitalized as MY ONLY SHINING STAR and NAOKI FEAT. BECKY LUCINDA, respectively.
- It also received a new set of graphics and video in DanceDanceRevolution Disney Channel EDITION. These have never been used in another DanceDanceRevolution game.
- My Only Shining Star appears as downloadable content for DanceDanceRevolution S+, in the DDR SuperNOVA Pack 3.
- My Only Shining Star appears as downloadable content for DanceDanceRevolution (PS3), in the DDR SuperNOVA Greatest Hits 1 pack.
- My Only Shining Star received a slightly different banner in DanceDanceRevolution DANCE WARS.
- My Only Shining Star can be unlocked in DanceEvolution ARCADE on the Charlie's desire ~negai no kagami~ (Charlie's desire～願いの鏡～) event, which started on February 8th, 2013.
- My Only Shining Star was one of the qualifying round songs in the KONAMI Arcade Championship 2013 for DanceEvolution ARCADE.
Song Production Information
Long before the DDR series was created, I imagined songs like this while I walked down the street in my very soul. Before production on DDR was done, I thought at a time a sense of inlayed puzzles. Eight years ago, I found it very refreshing to hear numbers such as this in my old style and the pressure felt by the production of a HYPER-EUROBEAT number. Songs like CAN'T STOP FALLIN' IN LOVE incorporate euro music into the beat in our system, but as time goes by and music transforms, arrangements have been made of these kind of songs to follow music trends.
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards.
DanceEvolution difficulty rated from 1 to 5. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD→21 SPADA||-||5||7||9||6||7||9|
|beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD CS||2||5||7||9||6||7||9|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||75 / 0||83 / 0||150 / 4||261 / 0||- / - / -||102 / 0||157 / 2||328 / 0||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution / Dancing Stage SuperNOVA CS||1||3||4||6||-||3||4||7||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution / Dancing Stage UNIVERSE||-||3||4||6||-||3||4||7||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution Disney Channel EDITION||1||3||4||6||-||3||4||7||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution (PS3 DLC)||1||3||4||7||-||-||-||-||-|
|DanceMasters / DanceEvolution||3|