Genre: TOKYO STYLE SPEEDCORE
VJ: BEMANI Designers "いそにん"
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 26 Rootage
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- A long version of ONIGOROSHI can be found on the beatmania IIDX 27 HEROIC VERSE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK album.
- ONIGOROSHI is the ARC SCORE.VI song of beatmania IIDX 26 Rootage's ARC SCORE EXTRA STAGE system. It can be played from May 23rd, 2019. Its theme is SPADA.
- At 400 BPM, ONIGOROSHI has the fastest constant BPM of any song in the beatmania IIDX series.
- It is the only m1dy song in BEMANI to use its actual BPM, as opposed to being halved for gameplay purposes.
- ONIGOROSHI is the first m1dy song to not be apart of a default songlist.
- It's also his first song to not have his artist name in the title.
- ONIGOROSHI is the first song under the SPEEDCORE genre to have ANOTHER charts rated Level 12 since 卑弥呼 from beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS.
- ONIGOROSHI is Japanese for "demon slayer".
Song Production Information
Although it was strictly forbidden by his family, the little boy who was over seven years old and left the embrace of God was driven by curiosity and began to travel far to unknown places.
Of course, a child's legs can't go that far from home, and he still doesn't have the courage to go to places where he can't go home when he gets hungry.
So one day.
The little boy escaped the surveillance of his family as usual, went through a hole in the wall and walked to the neighboring town.
He seemed to hear noisy voices, took a peek at the sights of the town from a distance, and sees that the townspeople are in the middle of throwing beans for Setsubun.
Oni goes out-- Blessing comes in--.
--Oni goes out?
The little boy also throws beans at home, but it's just a ritual to call the blessing into the door, and never deliberately drive out things like "oni".
The little boy ran up to the children, who were a little younger than him, and asked them what "Oni goes out" meant, but the children surrounded him and questioned who he was and if he was a child of oni. He was surprised and frightened, so he slipped back home.
After sneaking home, before dinner, the little boy and his family shouted "Blessing comes in" while throwing beans, but he was always concerned about "oni" in his heart.
Those children called me "a child of oni".
--I wonder if my family are the "oni" they say--
No wonder why we only say "Blessing comes in" when throwing beans.
Hearing that the son, who was still by his side staring at the beans in his hand, with tears in his eyes, he asked me something out of the blue, "Father and I... are we oni?" The father involuntarily stopped throwing the beans.
After asking why the depressed son thought so, and while the father was laughing at the idea, he taught his son: "The oni will never come to our Watanabe's Home, because our ancestors wiped them out a long time ago!" The boy who heard these words returned to the way he was before, and he smiled proudly...
"I heard that the death rate is 80%! Am I really going to die this time?"
In the New Year of 2019, m1dy, as known as Yosei Watanabe, who nearly died of aortic dissection, was suffering from this kind of delirium in the cold, inorganic light-filled ICU of a certain medical university hospital. I decided to make a song out of it, and this is what I wrote after I left the hospital.
m1dy never dies.
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|Notecounts / Charge Notes / Backspin Scratches||-||597 / 28 / 4||1107 / 25 / 7||1541 / 8 / 26||-||584 / 28 / 4||1107 / 26 / 7||1503 / 8 / 27||-|
|beatmania IIDX 26 Rootage→Present||-||6||10||⁂12||-||6||10||⁂12||-|
⁂ Denotes that this chart uses Hell Charge Notes/Hell Backspin Scratches as opposed to its other difficulties.
|8th style||XENON II ～TOMOYUKIの野望～|
|SIRIUS||Red. by Jack Trance|
|3rd style||COSMIC CYBER|
|FINAL||GO OVER WITH GLARE -ROOTAGE 26-|