Genre: HARD HOUSE
VJ: VJ GYO (overlays by GOLI)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 10th style
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- A remix of 雪月花 by DJ TOMO, titled 雪月花 ~DJ TOMO'S NIBURU MIX~, appears on the beatmania IIDX REMIX for 10th Success Anniversary album.
- An extended version of 雪月花 appears on Ryu☆'s first album, starmine.
- Another remix of 雪月花 by good-cool, titled 雪月花 -Double Dragon Mix-, also appears on starmine.
- According to Ryu☆, 雪月花 was based on the original version of sakura storm.
- Another remix of 雪月花 by P*Light, titled 雪月花 (P*Light Slayer Remix), appears on the beatnation Records presents "We're so Happy" special remix album, which can be obtained by pre-ordering We're so Happy in KONAMISTYLE.
- A sequel to 雪月花, titled 雪月夜, appears in REFLEC BEAT VOLZZA.
- Another remix of 雪月花 by さわわ, titled 雪月花 -さわわRemix-, appears in SOUND VOLTEX III GRAVITY WARS.
- Another remix of 雪月花 by Shiron vs. Sound Artz, titled 雪月花 (Shiron & Sound Artz Remix), appears in SOUND VOLTEX IV HEAVENLY HAVEN.
- Setsugekka means "The snow, the moon, and the flowers."
- 雪月花's release on CS is considered by some as an inside joke.
- 雪月花 was added to beatmania IIDX INFINITAS as part of the January 2016 Basic Subscription Monthly Songs.
- On May 18th, 2016, it became unlockable through the Akashic Explore event for players who did not already have it.
- From November 2016, it can be purchased with BITs.
Song Production Information
Hello again from Ryu☆. Fortunately I've been able to make another appearance in the IIDX series. This track combines the image of the snow, moon, and flowers, representative of Japan's beauty, with a hard beat. How about those scratches on the wood beats!? They're hard, but I hope you will play it a lot and, by mastering it, will be able to appreciate the elegant beauty of the song.
Video Production Information
Japan's a pretty good place. As long as people can remember we've become close to and appreciated the elegance of the four seasons as they change, and sometimes even walked the path of their change with the gods. In the quest to capture the essence of such a nature-loving spirit, people have created expressions of visual and aural beauty; our history is deeply colored with famous paintings and songs that stem from this pursuit. I believe this is the irreplaceable treasure of the Japanese people: the wonderful gifts from the past that let us imagine the bygone ages that we cannot see for ourselves.
I'd like to offer a toast to Ryu☆, who has given us an expression of the essence of what is Japanese that reaches out to the shadowed streets of our modern cities, where many cultures have become blended together in our modern world. It's funny to think of IIDX being discovered by someone far off in the distant future, and being the only window into the spirit of modern Japan for the people of the future. All-too fleeting peace... Rightness is but another style for Ryu☆.
Surely, it is the beauty of play.
I've selfishly attached my own image to this work.
The daughter of a samurai, illuminated by the light of the moon whose beauty is reflected in her. Thinking of the man who raised her, standing by her even as he seemed to stand against her, her breath breath quickens as she gazes at the flowers in a garden painted deep blue by the moonlight. This one man, alone, running through the night as the leader of the opposition. Would his heart still reflect the man he once was if they met, even though he is a criminal? Surely some day soon they will be able to consider their differences ... once again, in this garden. Again today the daughter wishes for the man's safety in the moonlit night. Praying that he might even value his own life above his pride.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX 10th style difficulty rated from 1 to 8, from 1 to 8+ in IIDX RED, and from 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style||-||6||8||N/A||-||7||8||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED||-||6||↑8+||N/A||-||7||8||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→Present||-||6||↑10||12||-||↑8||↑10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style CS||3||6||8||8||-||7||8||8||-|
|beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD CS||3||6||10||12||-||8||10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||3||6||10||12||-||8||10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||6||10||12||-||8||10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||6||10||12||-||-||-||-||-|