Genre: HAPPY HARDCORE
VJ: VJ GYO (18 Resort Anthem→19 Lincle), Unknown (20 tricoro→Present, DanceDanceRevolution)
First Music Game Appearance: DanceDanceRevolution UNIVERSE3
Other Music Game Appearances:
- beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem
- DanceDanceRevolution X2
- REFLEC BEAT colette -All Seasons-
- REFLEC BEAT plus MUSIC PACK 61
Song Connections / Remixes
- A long version of sakura storm can be found on Ryu☆'s second album, AGEHA.
- Another extended version of sakura storm, titled sakura storm (SUNLiGHT Mix), can be found on Ryu☆'s third best of album, Ryu☆BEST -SUNLiGHT-.
- sakura storm is part of the "Sakura" series of songs by Ryu☆.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- sakura storm marks Ryutaro Nakahara's first original song for the DanceDanceRevolution series.
- According to Ryu☆, the original version of sakura storm was created at the same time as starmine. He submitted it for a second Membership Trial contest during the production of 4th or 5th style, but dj TAKA rejected it .
- Ryu☆ also notes that said contest ended without a winner.
- Also according to Ryu☆, the original version of sakura storm provided the basis for the song 雪月花.
- In DanceDanceRevolution UNIVERSE3, sakura storm can be unlocked in QUEST MODE by beating Sasuke in Club Apus.
- sakura storm received a unique video in DanceDanceRevolution X2, though it plays in the background and is not full-screen.
- In DanceDanceRevolution II/DanceDanceRevolution hottest party5, sakura storm's video removes any on-screen dancers and is played in a tiny monitor on the opposite side of the player on Single and in the center on Double/Versus, due to Nintendo Wii memory limitations.
- As of beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro, sakura storm has its own dedicated video from DanceDanceRevolution.
- sakura storm's video reuses four DDRMAX-EXTREME background movies.
- sakura storm is the first Xbox DanceDanceRevolution console song to be transplanted to a beatmania IIDX game since jelly kiss -Midihead's Smack Mix- in beatmania IIDX 10th style CS.
- sakura storm appears as downloadable content for DanceDanceRevolution S+, in the DDR X2 Special Pack 4.
- sakura storm was one of the three special reward songs for DanceDanceRevolution DANCE WARS, for inviting friends to sign up for DANCE WARS.
- sakura storm was added to REFLEC BEAT colette -All Seasons- on February 3rd, 2014, as part of the Nettou! BEMANI Stadium (熱闘！BEMANIスタジアム) event.
- sakura storm's appearance in REFLEC BEAT means the first three songs in Ryu☆'s Sakura series were added in reverse order of production.
- In REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! and REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper, sakura storm could be purchased from the REFLEC Shop after clearing it in the BEMANI Stadium Test (BEMANIスタジアム検定) added on July 24th, 2014.
- In REFLEC BEAT VOLZZA and REFLEC BEAT VOLZZA 2, sakura storm was playable by default.
- sakura storm was added to beatmania IIDX INFINITAS on April 5th, 2017 as part of the April 2017 Basic Subscription Monthly Songs.
- From April 2019, it can be purchased with BITs.
- After being removed from the initial release of REFLEC BEAT 悠久のリフレシア, sakura storm was revived on July 19th, 2018.
Song Production Information
This song is a port from the international game DanceDanceRevolution UNIVERSE3.
The original version of this song is really old, made around the same time as starmine. Was it around 1997?
Sakura was titled HAPPY HARDCORE at that time. Most of the original melody is still intact.
I had left this song alone for a while, but then when DDR Universe 3 was being produced, I was asked to produce a more polished version of the song.
Although the song has some dated gimmicks, such as "1, 12, 123, 1234, Go!", I still like it a lot.
I felt that the song had a nice balance of "Dance & Harmony", so long ago, I explored the possibility of putting the song into beatmania IIDX 10th style.
That was how 雪月花 came to be.
Here's how, sakura storm was the archetype from which 雪月花 was created.
Hopefully, with your continued support, I will be able to create more songs for many years to come, thank you.
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards.
REFLEC BEAT to groovin'!! Upper difficulty rated from 1 to 10+, 1 to 13 in VOLZZA/VOLZZA 2, and 1 to 15 in 悠久のリフレシア. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd and Textage.cc.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|Notecounts / Charge Notes||-||529 / 0||675 / 23||1225 / 31||-||550 / 0||913 / 59||1498 / 88||-|
|beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem→Present||-||5||8||12||-||6||10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||5||8||12||-||6||10||12||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||84 / 2||121 / 5||218 / 11||311 / 13||388 / 8 / 0||121 / 5||218 / 15||312 / 8||407 / 8 / 0|
|DanceDanceRevolution II / hottest party 5||2||4||7||10||13||4||7||11||14|
|REFLEC BEAT colette -All Seasons-→VOLZZA 2||4||7||10||-|
|REFLEC BEAT plus||4||7||10||-|
|REFLEC BEAT 悠久のリフレシア||6||9||12||-|
|Ryu☆'s Sakura series|
|sakura storm - Sakura Sunrise - Sakura Reflection - Sakura Luminance - Sakura Mirage|
Sakura Sunrise (GITADORA ver.)
|First Half||HYENA - PUNISHER - Stella Sinistra - マインド・ゲーム|
HYENA (Live Edit feat. 96)
|Second Half||Squeeze - デッドボヲルdeホームラン - 轟け！恋のビーンボール！！ - 野球の遊び方 そしてその歴史 ～決定版～|
Squeeze -GITADORA Mix- - 轟け！恋のビーンボール！！～96バット砲炸裂！GITADORAシリーズMVP弾！～
|The strongest tounament in history||IX - IX -GITADOROCK ver.-|
|Crossover Songs||DanceDanceRevolution: True Blue - 恋はどう？モロ◎波動OK☆方程式!! - VEGA - Daily Lunch Special|
GuitarFreaks & DrumMania: いきもの失格 - 少年リップルズ - RAGNAROK - Never Look Back in Sorrow
情操ディストピア - 愛は不死鳥の様に
jubeat: December Breeze - 恋愛観測 - 8 -eight- - Condor
pop'n music: 去る金合戦 - Sakura Sunrise - 7 Colors - 雷君
REFLEC BEAT: The Sealer ～ア・ミリアとミリアの民～ - フレッフレー♪熱血チアガール - Evans - sakura storm