This page is for the Ryu☆ song titled starmine. For the album of the same title, please see starmine (album).
- DanceDanceRevolution (2014)
- DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2
- REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper
- REFLEC BEAT plus BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS PACK 06
Song Connections / Remixes
- A remix of starmine by Ryu☆ himself, titled starmine (pop'n mixxx), can be found in pop'n music 12 いろは.
- A long version of starmine, titled starmine (beatnation summit Ver.), appears on Ryu☆'s first album of the same name. This long version is a master recording of the version played at the beatnation summit event.
- A part of AGEHA's melody can be heard in the middle of starmine (beatnation summit Ver.).
- A short version of starmine (beatnation summit Ver.) is used in starmine's SPECIAL chart in the REFLEC BEAT series.
- A rock remix of starmine by dj TAKA with ピンクターボ, titled starmine -swallowtail mix-, also appears on Ryu☆'s first album, starmine.
- A short edit of starmine -swallowtail mix- appears in pop'n music 18 せんごく列伝.
- A remix of starmine by Hommarju, titled starmine (Hommarju Remix), appears on the cyber beatnation 2 -Hi Speed conclusion- album.
- Another remix of starmine by nora2r, titled starmine (nora2r Remix), appears in SOUND VOLTEX IV HEAVENLY HAVEN.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- starmine marks Ryutaro Nakahara's debut in BEMANI.
- The beatmania IIDX video for starmine features TRAN dancing in a kimono, which was later used as the basis for starmine (pop'n mixxx)'s sprite.
- The word "starmine" might refer to a mine firework with the star effect.
- According to Ryu☆, the original version of sakura storm was created at around the same time when he was making starmine.
- Prior to beatmania IIDX 9th style, starmine's artist was just simply Ryu.
- It was also Ryu on the CS releases of DanceDanceRevolution.
- starmine received a unique video in DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2, different from its beatmania IIDX video.
- starmine also received yet another different video in DanceDanceRevolution STR!KE.
- In DanceDanceRevolution STR!KE, starmine's title was capitalized as Starmine.
- starmine received a Black ANOTHER chart in beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST.
- starmine is one of the unlockable songs of DanceDanceRevolution (2014)'s EXTRA ATTACK unlocking system. It was added on September 4th, 2014.
- starmine received a new set of charts in DanceDanceRevolution (2014). Unlike the CS charts, starmine's new charts have a stop in the middle of the song.
- Instead of the CS videos used for starmine, it now uses its beatmania IIDX video (though it's displayed in the background, not full-screen).
- From December 17th, 2015 onwards, starmine has been automatically unlocked for all players.
- starmine could be unlocked in REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper as part of the 6th Set (kors k's SELECTION) of the BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS unlocking system. It could be unlocked after unlocking the other songs of the 6th Set.
- Its SPECIAL chart could be unlocked via the BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS event as well after unlocking starmine's BASIC/MEDIUM/HARD charts.
- From September 17th, 2015 onwards, it could be purchased from the REFLEC Shop for 3800 and 1500 Refle for its BASIC/MEDIUM/HARD and SPECIAL charts, respectively.
- In REFLEC BEAT VOLZZA, its BASIC/MEDIUM/HARD charts could be purchased in the Garage for 20 VOLZZA KEYs. Its SPECIAL chart could be purchased for 8 VOLZZA KEYs after clearing the song.
- In REFLEC BEAT VOLZZA 2, it was playable by default.
- starmine received a different set of jackets in the REFLEC BEAT series.
- starmine was available in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS' championship Mode from March 9th to 21st, 2016.
- On March 22nd, 2016, it was added to standard Mode for anyone who had played the STARLiGHT CUP in championship Mode at least once.
Song Production Information
Actually, I made this song back when I was in high school, so it's a pretty old song.
I was happy when it was announced that this song was to be placed in IIDX.
It is a happy hardcore song. The BPM is 182 because I feel that it is a good pace for a LIGHT7 player like myself.
Finally, when it came time to produce the song, I asked dj TAKA and ucchie if I could meet the whole staff. It was a bit selfish of me, but overall, it was a very good experience.
Thank you very much.
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX to 10th style difficulty rated from 1 to 7+ (up to 9th style) or 8 (10th style), from 1 to 8+ in beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED, and from 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards.
REFLEC BEAT to groovin'!! Upper difficulty rated from 1 to 10+, and from 1 to 13 in VOLZZA/VOLZZA 2. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 4th style||-||5||6||N/A||-||5||6||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style→8th style||-||5||6||N/A||-||5||↑7||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 9th style→11 IIDX RED||1||5||↑7||N/A||-||5||7||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY||1||5||↑8||9||-||5||↑8||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD→16 EMPRESS||↑2||5||8||9||-||5||8||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 17 SIRIUS→18 Resort Anthem||-||5||8||9||-||5||8||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 19 Lincle→Present||2||5||8||9||-||5||8||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 4th style CS||-||5||6||6||-||5||6||6||-|
|beatmania IIDX 6th style CS||※1||5||6||6||-||5||7||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style CS||-||5||6||6||-||5||7||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 8th style CS||※2||5||7||7||-||5||7||7||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY CS||2||5||8||9||-||5||8||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||2||5||8||9||10||5||8||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||5||8||9||-||5||8||12||-|
※ Denotes chart is different from the later BEGINNER chart (total notes: 372).
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||159 / 0||281 / 16||337 / 28||401 / 12||- / - / -||276 / 26||349 / 2||377 / 3||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2 / Dancing Stage Unleashed2||N/A||5||6||8||-||5||7||9||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||125 / 0||219 / 18||338 / 15||495 / 24||- / - / -||222 / 19||330 / 27||495 / 5||- / - / -|
|REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper||5||7||10||10+|
|REFLEC BEAT VOLZZA→VOLZZA 2||5||7||10||11|
|REFLEC BEAT plus||5||7||10||-|
|BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS|
|1st Set (DJ TOTTO's SELECTION)||ABSOLUTE - CHOCOLATE PHILOSOPHY - LOGICAL DASH - era (nostalmix)|
|2nd Set (TAG's SELECTION)||DROP THE BOMB - AXIS - fellows - MAD BLAST|
|3rd Set (Des-ROW's SELECTION)||大見解 - Funky sonic World - BE LOVIN - CURUS|
|4th Set (Ryu☆'s SELECTION)||GENOM SCREAMS - Presto - JET WORLD - Go Beyond!!|
|5th Set (TOMOSUKE's SELECTION)||I'M GONNA GET YOU! - the keel - LOVE IS ORANGE - Gamelan de Couple|
|6th Set (kors k's SELECTION)||Flash Back 90's - White Eve - HELL SCAPER - starmine|
|7th Set (Users' SELECTION)||明鏡止水 - Pink Rose - sync - Beyond The Earth|
|8th Set (PHQUASE's SELECTION)||COSMIC COWGIRL - BOBBY SUE AND SKINNY JIM - 男々道 - Spica|
|9th Set (wac's SELECTION)||PULSE - GRADIUSIC CYBER - Nova emoção - 踊るフィーバーロボ|
|10th Set (dj TAKA's SELECTION)||♥Love²シュガ→♥ - Lucy - GUILTY - V - V₂|
|CONTENTS SELECTION||ZERO-ONE - MAKE A JAM! - Ping×Pong×Dash - DAY DREAM|