Composition: Antonio Vivaldi
Arrangement: dj TAKA
Genre: PROGRESSIVE (プログレッシブ)
pop'n music Character: TRAN 
pop'n CG designer: VJ GYO
Movie: VJ GYO
Jacket design: VJ GYO
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 5th style
Other Music Game Appearances:
- jubeat plus / jubeat plus (Android) beatmania IIDX pack 3
- jubeat saucer
- MÚSECA 1+1/2
- pop'n music 16 PARTY♪
- REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper
- SOUND VOLTEX IV HEAVENLY HAVEN
- ポップンリズミン beatmaniaIIDXパック1
Song Connections / Remixes
- V is an interpretation of Vivaldi's Concerto for Violin in F Minor, Op. 8, No. 4, RV297, "Winter", I. Allegro non molto. You can hear a traditional version of it on the iTunes Music Store.
- TIEFSEE, a song produced by SOUND HOLIC and dj TAKA, also features piano excerpt from Concerto for Violin in F Minor, Op. 8, No. 4, RV297, "Winter", I. Allegro non molto.
- Another remix of Concerto for Violin in F Minor, Op. 8, No. 4, RV297, "Winter", I. Allegro non molto by Remo-con vs. dj TAKA, titled Konzert V, can be found in beatmania IIDX 23 copula.
- A shorter and slightly re-arranged version of V appears in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME as V ～for EXTREME～.
- A short version of V appears in the KONAMI arcade game Bishi Bashi Champ Online ~Shougeki no zenkoku taisen!?~ (ビシバシチャンプオンライン 〜笑撃の全国対戦!?〜).
- A longer and re-arranged version of V, titled V -conclusion-, can be found on dj TAKA's first album, milestone. This version has the traditional score originally written by Vivaldi.
- A downtempo version of V remixed by QUADRA, titled V -The point of your sight MIX-, can be found on the beatmania IIDX SUPER BEST BOX SET bonus disc.
- An electronic remix of V by The 4th, titled V (The 4th Remix), can be found on The 4th's Force of The 4th album.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- TAKA himself is the man in the live-action portions of V's video, as revealed by VJ GYO on the official beatmania 5th style website's Q&A, despite his trying to keep it a secret.
- V has appeared on twelve beatmania IIDX CS versions (5th to 10th, beatmania (2006), HAPPY SKY CS, EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST, INFINITAS, and ULTIMATE MOBILE), since it debuted. This has caused quite a bit of frustration among the beatmania IIDX community in both the USA and Japan, and has become an inside joke.
- beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED CS was the first CS beatmania IIDX game since V's debut in which it did not appear.
- At the time of its release, V's Single ANOTHER chart had the most notes of any Single Play chart, at 1519 notes. This would not be topped until AA's Single ANOTHER chart in beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED, at 1834 notes.
- Retroactively, V is the first beatmania IIDX song to have a Level 12 chart in Single Play mode.
- V's unique title card was removed from arcade beatmania IIDX titles in beatmania IIDX 9th style. It was also not kept from the CS versions of beatmania IIDX 7th style to 10th style.
- It would be eventually restored in beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED.
- V received a new BEGINNER chart in beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED.
- V is one of the Left outdoors' stage unlocks of pop'n music 16 PARTY♪'s Atsumare! pop'n PARTY♪ (あつまれ！ポップンパーティー♪) event. It could be unlocked from July 2nd, 2008.
- From August 6th, 2008, it is available by default.
- V's TRAN does not have a 2P color.
- V received a Double ANOTHER chart in beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS.
- V is one of the bistro saucer Final Set unlocks of jubeat saucer. It could be unlocked from January 1st to March 2nd, 2014.
- In jubeat saucer fulfill, it can be unlocked as part of saucer macchiato's Side Menu from April 23rd, 2014.
- In jubeat prop, it can be unlocked by playing it as a BONUS TUNE from May 28th, 2015.
- In jubeat Qubell, it is one of the Garnet unlocks of the dig dig Qubell unlocking system.
- In jubeat clan, it can be unlocked in the jubeat SHOP.
- In jubeat festo, it can be purchased at the emo MART.
- In jubeat Ave., it is one of the CONCIERGE unlocks of the LIGHT CHAT unlocking system from August 17th, 2022.
- V's jubeat charts were made by RAG .
- V could be unlocked in REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper as part of the 10th Set (dj TAKA's SELECTION) of the BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS unlock system. It could be unlocked after unlocking GUILTY, ♥Love²シュガ→♥ and Lucy.
- It was also in consideration by Ryu☆ to be added to his BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS set .
- Its SPECIAL chart could be unlocked via the BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS event as well after unlocking the SPECIAL charts for the aforementioned 10th Set songs.
- From September 17th, 2015 onwards, it could be purchased from the REFLEC Shop for 3800 and 1500 Refle for its BASIC/MEDIUM/HARD and SPECIAL charts, respectively.
- In REFLEC BEAT VOLZZA, its BASIC/MEDIUM/HARD charts could be purchased in the Garage for 20 VOLZZA KEYs. Its SPECIAL chart could be purchased for 8 VOLZZA KEYs after clearing the song.
- In REFLEC BEAT VOLZZA 2, it was playable by default.
- With 1014 notes, V's SPECIAL chart had the highest number of notes out of all Level 11 charts in the REFLEC BEAT series (pre-REFLEC BEAT 悠久のリフレシア).
- V received an EASY chart in pop'n music éclale on December 21st, 2015.
- V was added to beatmania IIDX INFINITAS as part of the January 2016 Basic Subscription Monthly Songs.
- After being removed from the initial release of REFLEC BEAT 悠久のリフレシア, V was revived on March 23rd, 2017.
- V's EASY chart was re-rated in pop'n music うさぎと猫と少年の夢 on March 29th, 2017.
- V could be unlocked in MÚSECA 1+1/2 on May 26th, 2017, as part of the Premium Friday (プレミアムフライデー) event. It could be unlocked permanently by playing it once when it appears on the last Friday of the month after unlocking I'm so Happy for normal play.
- It was available by default from August 9th to 31st, 2017 as well.
- Its Green chart is available by default from June 26th, 2018 for MÚSECA 1+1/2 machines with an offline kit (its Orange and Red charts have to be unlocked with COLORIS, though).
- V's Red chart has the most notes of any MÚSECA chart, with 1293 notes.
- V is one of the unlocks of the POLICY BREAK event. For more information on the dates it could be unlocked in the SOUND VOLTEX series, please see the event page.
- From July 2nd, 2020 in SOUND VOLTEX VIVID WAVE, it can be purchased with PCB instead.
- V was added to SOUND VOLTEX III GRAVITY WARS コナステ's REGULAR course on August 1st, 2019.
- V is available in pop'n music Lively as part of the beatmania IIDXセレクション 楽曲パック vol.1.
- V also appears as one of the background music selectable to play during Accel Rave Time (アクセルレイブタイム) in SEVEN'S BEAT (セブンスビート), a KONAMI medal redemption game.
- V's jubeat (2021) ratings were adjusted to its jubeat festo ratings on March 7th, 2022.
Song Production Information
A Baroque masterpiece among masterpieces, the first movement of Winter is a special featured track from Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons".
Recently, R&B music sampling Bach's "Air on the G String" is booming once again, and the real beauty of Baroque melodies and harmonies is receiving renewed attention, which is perhaps exciting, don't you think?
I basically tried to arrange the song with respect to the original for this game.
Continuously double-pressing the buttons creates harmonies between the first and second violins.
The original song is slightly longer, and I had to cut parts to fit the game version, so I'd like everyone to also check out the original song.
It's a classic among extremely classic songs, and I think it's probably available in CD shops, school and library materials, so please search for it there.
After I received a request from wac to write something about "V" on the official pop'n music website, well what should I say? I'll look at the official beatmania IIDX 5th style website for now ("V" is a ported song from IIDX5th).
What, the theme of 5th style was "music"! As expected, this didn't come to mind, but there's something I'd like to say. And if you ask me, this certainly has a musical feel to it. It was around this time I made Tengoku no kiss, wasn't it? Congratulations on your marriage, Matsushima! I'm sorry to all pop'n fans who don't know what I'm talking about. I'll be happy if you check out the song if you're interested.
Nevertheless, my old comments are really interesting, aren't they? But in a way, they feel painful. We take pride in being the only people to do things painfully well, and I'd like to also do my best from now on. It's obvious, but I feel completely different now than from that time, even if it's just one thought. What I found satisfying during that time is now dissatisfying, and vice versa. I think this applies for everyone, not just creators. Either way, that was then and this is now, so even if you think differently, I believe it's important to not forget how you felt then. All the time, right?
Meanwhile, many users played the song titled "V" on IIDX for a long time, which is currently placed on the TOP10 of the song selection ranking, and has supposedly become a "timeless masterpiece". But in the second-half of 2008, a significantly refined track called "V2" will appear in beatmania IIDX16 EMPRESS, which expands on the latter-half of the first movement of Winter from Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons".
To all the pop'n fans who enjoyed "V", when the pink IIDX cabinet launches, by all means play it for a while. I'm looking forward to it!
Video Production Information
I think "V(referred as V among production staff)" is the first song which represents the keyword "MUSIC" in this game.
It's a song which conveys harsh winter, with a frozen body and mind like walking through a blizzard, where you can imagine resting in front of a fireplace with a warm meal while feeling the power of humans as they grit their teeth when walking.
I started making the movie with the theme of snow falling in time with the music, shadows reflecting from windows, and continuous walking.
I don't know how this came together with an unexpected impact, such the deep snow suddenly fell as an upper groove, in addition to a combination like a coffee CM-like groove and a silhouetted animation of a children's educational program...(I started making the concept alongside TAKA...)
TAKA said "Well, is it here yet?"(in a bad mood).
On the other hand, it was very popular with the staff...(they felt happy and sad).
I pray that everyone notices the song's overlays and expands the image of these conveyed parts.
After wearing a scarf and coat, she unintentionally entered pop'n!
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated 1 to 7+ from 5th through 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in IIDX RED, and from 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards. beatmania (2006) difficulty rated from 1 to 10.
jubeat to clan difficulty rated from 1 to 10, and 1 to 10.9 from festo onwards.
MÚSECA difficulty rated from 1 to 15.
pop'n music difficulty rated from 1 to 43 through pop'n music 20 fantasia, and 1 to 50 from Sunny Park onwards.
REFLEC BEAT to groovin'!! Upper difficulty rated from 1 to 10+, 1 to 13 in VOLZZA/VOLZZA 2, and 1 to 15 in 悠久のリフレシア.
SOUND VOLTEX difficulty rated from 1 to 20 from IV HEAVENLY HAVEN onwards.
ポップンリズミン difficulty rated from 1 to 10. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from Pop'n Music Fever, BEMANIWiki 2nd, jubeat@Wiki, and SOUND VOLTEX @ wiki.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style→9th style||-||5||7+||N/A||-||6||7+||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style||-||5||8||N/A||-||6||8||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED||1||5||8||N/A||-||6||↑8+||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY||1||5||↑10||12||-||6||↑10||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD→15 DJ TROOPERS||↑2||5||10||12||-||6||10||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS→Present||2||5||10||12||-||6||10||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style CS||3||5||7+||7+||-||6||7+||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 6th style CS||3||5||7+||7+||-||6||7+||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style CS||3||5||7+||7+||-||6||7+||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 8th style CS||3||5||7+||7+||-||6||7+||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 9th style CS||3||5||7+||7+||-||6||7+||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style CS||3||5||8||8||-||6||8||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY CS||3||5||10||12||-||6||10||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||2||5||10||12||-||6||10||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||5||10||12||-||6||10||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||2||5||10||12||-||-||-||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS (2020)||2||5||10||12||-||6||10||11||-|
|jubeat plus (Android)||4||9||10|
|Easy||Normal||Hyper||EX||Normal||Hyper||5B Hyper||7 Button||7B Hyper|
|pop'n music 16 PARTY♪→20 fantasia||9||24||37||42||27||43||-||-||-|
|pop'n music Sunny Park→ラピストリア||-||30||43||↓47||27||43||-||-||-|
|pop'n music éclale||※6||30||43||47||27||43||-||-||-|
|pop'n music うさぎと猫と少年の夢→Present||※↓5||30||43||47||27||43||-||-||-|
|pop'n music portable 2||9||24||37||42||-||-||15||18||33|
|pop'n music Lively||※5||30||43||47||-||-||-||-||-|
※ Denotes chart has been changed from the previous arcade charts:
- EASY chart: total notes: 136.
|REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper||5||8||10||10+|
|REFLEC BEAT VOLZZA→VOLZZA 2||5||8||10||11|
|REFLEC BEAT 悠久のリフレシア||7||10||12||13|
|Jacket Artists||VJ GYO||VJ GYO||VJ GYO||VJ GYO||-|
|SOUND VOLTEX IV→Present||5||12||15||18||-|
|SOUND VOLTEX III コナステ||5||12||15||18||-|
|Stage 1||NA NA NA ロケンロー・キング - Runnin' Away - Hearty Party - Kicky Kemari Kicker - Quick Master -Naked Trance Mix-|
|Stage 2||Days - にゃんだふる55 marble version - 華爛漫 -Flowers- - the keel (Nu-Style Gabba mix) - SPICY PIECE (Ryu☆Remix)|
|Stage 3||Dance to Blue - カーニバルの主題による人形のためのいびつな狂想曲 - SigSig - たまゆら - 大見解の新見解|
|Stage 4||タンバリンビーツ - HAGOROMO - CHIP'N'RIDDIM - Blind Justice ～Torn souls, Hurt Faiths～ - 繚乱ヒットチャート|
|Outdoors' stage||Left: バイキングマン - 20,november - V|
Right: Little Rock Overture - 万物快楽理論 - ポルターガイスト
|Universe stage||Have a good dream.|
|BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS|
|1st Set (DJ TOTTO's SELECTION)||ABSOLUTE - CHOCOLATE PHILOSOPHY - LOGICAL DASH - era (nostalmix)|
|2nd Set (TAG's SELECTION)||DROP THE BOMB - AXIS - fellows - MAD BLAST|
|3rd Set (Des-ROW's SELECTION)||大見解 - Funky sonic World - BE LOVIN - CURUS|
|4th Set (Ryu☆'s SELECTION)||GENOM SCREAMS - Presto - JET WORLD - Go Beyond!!|
|5th Set (TOMOSUKE's SELECTION)||I'M GONNA GET YOU! - the keel - LOVE IS ORANGE - Gamelan de Couple|
|6th Set (kors k's SELECTION)||Flash Back 90's - White Eve - HELL SCAPER - starmine|
|7th Set (Users' SELECTION)||明鏡止水 - Pink Rose - sync - Beyond The Earth|
|8th Set (PHQUASE's SELECTION)||COSMIC COWGIRL - BOBBY SUE AND SKINNY JIM - 男々道 - Spica|
|9th Set (wac's SELECTION)||PULSE - GRADIUSIC CYBER - Nova emoção - 踊るフィーバーロボ|
|10th Set (dj TAKA's SELECTION)||♥Love²シュガ→♥ - Lucy - GUILTY - V - V₂|
|CONTENTS SELECTION||ZERO-ONE - MAKE A JAM! - Ping×Pong×Dash - DAY DREAM|