Not to be confused with Junko Karashima, commonly referred to as jun.
- Name: Jun Wakita (脇田潤)
- Birthdate: August 23, 1974
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/wac_toriaezu
- beatmania: notechart designer (beatmania featuring DREAMS COME TRUE, beatmania THE FINAL)
- beatmania IIDX: notechart designer (beatmania IIDX substream→beatmania IIDX 4th style)
- beatmania III: notechart designer
- pop'n music:
- ノスタルジア: sound director
A long-time sound data analyzer for BEMANI, Jun's work in BEMANI dates back as far as 1999's beatmania IIDX substream and pop'n music 3, as well as various entries in the beatmania / beatmania III series. From pop'n music 6 through pop'n music Sunny Park, he was the head/co-head sound director of every pop'n music arcade game. His first song for BEMANI was OVER THE CLOUDS in beatmania IIDX 5th style, and he's made at least one appearance in every beatmania IIDX game since then. He also did up until pop'n music 14 FEVER! most of the anime covers in the pop'n music series. His wide variety of musical styles has made him quite popular.
Jun is currently the sound director of the new BEMANI series ノスタルジア.
- DJ.W / D.JW
- yu_tokiwa.djw (with vocalist Yu Tokiwa)
- LEGO STUDIO
- iconoclasm / アイコノクラズム (member of, with Takayuki Ishikawa)
- Morning Blue Dragon
- Shine All Stars (member of)
- virkato / Virkato Wakhmaninov
- ELE BLOCK (member of, with EeL)
- 五条式改 (member of, with Naoki Maeda)
- SHRINE 418 (member of, with Yuei Uematsu)
- ギラギラメガネ団 / ギラギラ眼帯団 / ギラギラメガネ楽団 (member of)
- Vandalusia改 (member of, with Ryutaro Nakahara)
- Andante Cantabileo / 楽士カンタビレオ / 弁士カンタビレオ
- (Wly) & The hampatensions
- لا تبع سمكا و هو في البحر
- コナミ矩形波動剣 (member of)
- XOGO BRYKK
- TASUKI BOYZ
- ZERO+ZIBA (member of, with Kosuke Saito)
- Capital Wage Association
- w / 謎の黒猫神 W
- 度胸兄弟 / ユニバーサル度胸兄弟 / ダイナミック野球兄弟 / シャイニング度胸兄弟 / ミニョンヌ鉄道兄弟 (member of, with Toshiyuki Kakuta)
- ZODIACSYNDICATE / 少年ゾディアック / 楽士ゾディアック / 溟海ゾディアック
- CHERRY BLOSSOMS (member of, with Asaki)
- WALPULG (member of, with Sota Fujimori)
- D-wacrew (member of, with Osamu Migitera)
- Buluka & Nilo
- ねこまんまチーム！ (with vocalist NU-KO)
- ジャカルタファンクブラザーズ (member of, with Naoyuki Sato and Yoshihiro Tagawa, as ABBAS)
- Zutt (member of, with Daichi Watanabe)
- Neko M@mma Team (member of, with m@sumi and NU-KO)
- In live interviews/pictures, wac often dons a suit of a black cat or of a mask of a black cat, expressing his thoughts either visually or through cue cards.
- wac's song/staff comments tend to be much longer than other artists on the BEMANI song pages he talks on.
- wac's grandfather was an art teacher in Hokkaido, as noted in the song comments for Regulus.
- Unlike most BEMANI artists' main aliases, Jun Wakita has used his main wac alias very little in BEMANI song titles' artist names; only twelve different BEMANI songs as of July 2016 thank him under his wac alias.
- wac has composed/arranged songs for 19 beatmania IIDX games in a row, making him the second most frequent contributor to the beatmania IIDX series, only second to long-time beatmania IIDX contributor dj TAKA himself.
- wac's favorite song is the 1994 song 空も飛べるはず, a cover of which appears in ノスタルジア.