- 1 neu
- 1.1 Song Information
- 1.2 Lyrics
- 1.3 Song Connections / Remixes
- 1.4 Trivia
- 1.5 Music Comment
- 1.6 Song Production Information
- 1.7 Character Information
- 1.8 Video Production Information
- 1.9 Difficulty & Notecounts
Composition/Arrangement/Lyrics: Shounen Radio
Vocals: Yu Tokiwa
BPM: 95 (EASY/NORMAL, ノスタルジア), 199 (HYPER/EX/ANOTHER, GITADORA, jubeat, ポップンリズミン)
Length: 2:07 (EASY/NORMAL, ノスタルジア), 2:09 (HYPER), 2:27 (EX/ANOTHER, GITADORA), 2:11 (jubeat), 2:30 (ポップンリズミン)
Genre: NIENTE (ニエンテ)
pop'n music Character: ? 
pop'n CG design: ちっぴー
VJ: VJ GYO→板垣聖一(IMAGICA)
Jacket design: shio
First Music Game Appearance: pop'n music 15 ADVENTURE
Other Music Game Appearances:
- beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro
- GITADORA EXCHAIN
- jubeat plus / jubeat plus (Android) pop'n music pack 1
- jubeat saucer
- jukebeat KONAMI music pack 52
- ポップンリズミン ポップンアドベンチャーパック1
One bright monday morning I overslept,the world ended without harbinger One bright monday morning the world ended fleeting too easily All the while looking a spectacle called doomsday, I lost in thought There was nothing from the beginning, too Therefore I only muttered neu...
neu... Dont'be light and dark night and day smile and cry you and me! neu... Plow got him in the eye The melancholy music got me That matter is settled light and dark night and day smile and cry
(Два, три, п――...) neu... Plow got him in the eye The melancholy music got me That matter is settled light and dark night and day smile and cry Dont'be light and dark night and day smile and cry you and me! Plow got him in the eye The melancholy music got me That matter is settled light and dark night and day smile and cry Plow got him in the eye The melancholy music got me That matter is settled light and dark night and day smile and cry neu
(安上がりな絶望 魔法は— ) One bright monday morning I overslept,the world ended without harbinger One bright monday morning the world ended fleeting too easily neu... Dont'be light and dark night and day smile and cry you and me! neu... Plow got him in the eye The melancholy music got me That matter is settled light and dark night and day smile and cry Plow got him in the eye The melancholy music got me That matter is settled light and dark night and day smile and cry neu
One bright monday morning I overslept,the world ended without harbinger One bright monday morning the world ended fleeting too easily All the while looking a spectacle called doomsday, I lost in thought There was nothing from the beginning, too Therefore I only muttered neu... Dont'be light and dark night and day smile and cry you and me! neu... Plow got him in the eye The melancholy music got me That matter is settled light and dark night and day smile and cry neu...
Song Connections / Remixes
- neu is one of the few songs in pop'n music which has three different versions, each one playable on the NORMAL, HYPER, and EX difficulties.
- 5-Button and 7-Button use the respective version of neu for its difficulties.
- ノスタルジア and the pop'n music EASY chart use the NORMAL version of neu.
- In beatmania IIDX, the NORMAL, HYPER, and EX versions are used for NORMAL, HYPER, and ANOTHER charts respectively.
- In jubeat, a different cut of neu is used, combining elements from the NORMAL and EX versions.
- The ポップンリズミン version is based on the jubeat version of neu, with the section between NORMAL and EX versions extended.
- In GITADORA, a re-arrangement of the EX/ANOTHER version with louder guitars is used.
- At the beginning of each version of neu (with the exception of the NORMAL version), a different song is sampled:
- The pop'n music HYPER and 5-Button HYPER chart version of neu samples 天庭.
- The pop'n music EX and 7-Button HYPER chart version of neu samples ZETA～素数の世界と超越者～.
- The beatmania IIDX HYPER chart samples moon_child.
- The beatmania IIDX ANOTHER chart version samples 少年A.
- The jubeat version samples 少年リップルズ.
- The ポップンリズミン version samples uən.
- The GITADORA version samples Little Prayer.
- A remix of neu, titled uən, can be found in pop'n music portable 2.
- Another remix of neu by cosMo@暴走P, titled neu BSP style, can be found in SOUND VOLTEX BOOTH.
- A long version of neu can be found on pop'n music 15 ADVENTURE AC ♡ CS pop'n music 14 FEVER! original soundtrack.
- A different long version appears on wac's first album, 音楽. This long version samples OVER THE CLOUDS / Regulus, Linus, カモミール・バスルーム, Spica, ペパーミントは私の敵, Make A Difference, Votum stellarum, Lucy, mind, 僕の飛行機, 怒れる大きな白い馬, Vairocana, Little Little Princess, Ganymede, hora de verdad, 踊るフィーバーロボ, 繚乱ヒットチャート, カーニバルの主題による人形のためのいびつな狂想曲, smile, ロクブテ, なつやすみのぼうけん, World Spider Web, Saturn, oratio, 卑弥呼, Habibe (Antuh muhleke), 背水之陣, La libertad, 辞世テンプレート, 序, 旅人リラン, perditus†paradisus, 幻想リフレクト, gloom, Remain, BabeL ~roof garden~, prompt, and chilblain. It also plays a portion of moon_child after all the other samples.
- neu's long version on the 音楽 album also plays uən after the wac medley.
- An arranged medley of neu, 天庭, and ZETA～素数の世界と超越者～ by Osamu Kubota, titled Le Swing, can be found on the V-RARE SOUND TRACK 17 CD.
- neu is featured in the medley Popperz Chronicle, from pop'n music peace.
- neu is the only unlock of the WORLD OF NOTHING (無の世界) in pop'n music 15 ADVENTURE's Waku-waku Mimi Nyami tankentai (わくわくミミニャミ探検隊) unlock event. It could be unlocked from July 4th, 2007 through September 26th, 2007 after unlocking all 28 previous songs in the event.
- It is also the final overall song in the わくわくミミニャミ探検隊 event. Unlocking all of its charts ends the event, and also grants the player the HELL15 course for play as well.
- As of September 26th, 2007, neu has been unlocked for everyone to play.
- Neu, pronounced "noi", is German for "new".
- neu's genre, "niente", is Italian for "nil". In music, this direction refers to a soft sound or tone gradually fading to silence.
- With 1899 notes, neu's EX chart has the second highest notecount of any non-LONG version song in pop'n music history, behind o†o's 1947 notes.
- neu's EX chart has a Spicy Gauge.
- Many characters from pop'n music 15 ADVENTURE make cameos in ?'s animations:
- micro appears in ?'s 1P GREAT animation, while madam RAGORA appears in its 2P GREAT animation.
- Roco*Moco appears in ?'s 1P FEVER animation, while fili appears in its 2P FEVER animation.
- TITICACA appears in ?'s OJAMA animation.
- Zusin appears in ?'s 1P DANCE animation, while SUPERモグー appears in its 2P DANCE animation.
- 星のひと's eye appears in ?'s MISS, LOSE, and DANCE animations.
- MZD appears in ?'s FEVER WIN animation.
- neu is the pop'n music 15 ADVENTURE LIMIT BURST (EXTRA STAGE) of beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro. It became unlockable on October 31st, 2012.
- In beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA, its NORMAL, HYPER, and ANOTHER charts can be unlocked by obtaining 129, 138, and 147 Tran Medals respectively.
- As of July 24th, 2014, it could be unlocked in beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA and 22 PENDUAL through the 発見！よみがえったBEMANI遺跡 event.
- As of July 1st, 2015, it could be purchased in beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL with Youkou no hologram (陽光のホログラム).
- As of beatmania IIDX 23 copula, it is available by default.
- In beatmania IIDX, neu used beatmania IIDX 10th style's TECHNO generic movie; however, near the end of neu's ANOTHER chart, the movie went black. This might be because the video was adjusted to the NORMAL and HYPER versions' length, which is around 20 seconds shorter than the ANOTHER version of neu.
- This was fixed on December 6th, 2012, when neu's video was changed to beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro's TECHNO generic movie instead.
- In both beatmania IIDX and pop'n music, neu uses its NORMAL version as the music preview.
- neu is one of the songs part of the Mimi, Nyami & Kotaro no flying catch! (ミミニャミ・コタローのフライングキャッチ！) event. It can be unlocked in jubeat saucer since June 3rd, 2013.
- In jubeat saucer fulfill, it can be unlocked as part of saucer macchiato's Side Menu from May 1st, 2014.
- In jubeat prop, it can be unlocked by playing it as a BONUS TUNE from May 28th, 2015.
- In jubeat Qubell, it is one of the Garnet unlocks of the dig dig Qubell unlocking system.
- In jubeat clan, it can be unlocked in the jubeat SHOP.
- In jubeat festo, it can be purchased at the emo MART.
- neu received a brand-new BEGINNER chart in beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA.
- In jukebeat, neu's artist was changed to radio kid.
- neu received an EASY chart in pop'n music éclale on December 21st, 2015.
- neu is one of the songs featured on the BEMANI SONGS ～Best of pop'n music～ video.
- neu was one of the few songs present in the first ノスタルジア location test at JAEPO 2016.
- It received a new set of charts on the following location test.
- neu is available in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS as part of the beatmania IIDX INFINITAS 楽曲パック vol.2.
- neu is also used as a hidden BGM song in KONAMI's pachislot game, ROULETTE QUEEN.
- neu's Expert chart was re-rated on February 27th, 2019 in ノスタルジア Op.2.
- neu is one of the Part 1 unlocks of GITADORA EXCHAIN's EXCHAIN Quest event. It could be unlocked from March 11th to 31st, 2019.
In the gap between light and darkness, I, who was merely nothing, was singing of the end of the world.
From "pop'n music".
Song Production Information
In short: Nothing, nonsense, radio, song, piano, guitar, daybreak, delusion, cultural festivals, genuflection, influenza, tenacity -- all mistaken.
Beyond the light and the dark, nothing remains; who would suggest such a thing?
Is this nothing?
Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing...
What, exactly, is nothing?
It's a key characteristic of the world of nothingness.
Is it, now?
The world of naught emotion.
Is it, now?
The world of no sound.
Is it, now?
The world of even no pop-kuns.
Is it, now?
Even though it seems rather unreasonable,
In truth, nothing is ever unreasonable.
Therefore, I don't have a single thought.
What is here?
Rather, this is the world of all existence.
Is it, now?
In what way can there be such a thing living without form?
Quite a paradox.
The end of repeating questions and answers
Before beginnings, and after endings,
Nothing that lives is questioning
The beginning and the end of the world has been enclosed.
There, everything has been compressed
Paradoxical nothing is born, unquestioning
Surely I really don't know the meaning of this.
The world, the light, the darkness, the dawn, the dusk, the smiles, the tears, the closing, the music, the game, the Internet, the feelings, your presence, myself, and some other things here and there...
They have been lumped together.
"Everything shall disappear," it was said,
A worn face scolding with fresh emotion
This is a song, a package with everything in it.
As for the flu --
Well, every time I make music, thoughts like that just spring from my head.
this feeling is only another of my creations.
There are a lot of feelings put into pop'n 15 as a whole.
Either way, this harsh world is an interesting yet tough place.
With these words,
even if we have something to lose,
Let's give it our all.
Is this a form present in the world? From the joy of light? From the sadness of the dark??
Everything is in it and the small events of past meetings.
It began with the demo song that May that had mixed opinions...
Even when you think you've understood everything,
This is where all of the boss characters originate from.
Emotions that have been present throughout the years pierce through its body
From the joy of light
From the sadness of the dark
In this magnificent world, overnight, a shape was formed.
The purpose of its existence was to begin a trip to seek and meet people all over this new world.
It had met MZD in a past encounter - for a small time, he took care of the form.
Take a careful look; it's the size of your palm.
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
GF/DM XG and GITADORA difficulty rated from 0.00 to 9.99.
jubeat to clan difficulty rated from 1 to 10, and 1 to 10.9 from festo onwards.
pop'n music difficulty rated from 1 to 43 through pop'n music 20 fantasia, and 1 to 50 from Sunny Park onwards.
ノスタルジア difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
ポップンリズミン difficulty rated from 1 to 10. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from Pop'n Music Fever and BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro||-||6||10||12||-||6||10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA→Present||1||6||10||12||-||6||10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||6||10||12||-||6||10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||1||6||10||12||-||-||-||-||-|
GuitarFreaks & DrumMania
XG & GITADORA Series
|jubeat plus (Android)||5||8||10|
|Easy||Normal||Hyper||EX||Normal||Hyper||5B Hyper||7 Button||7B Hyper|
|pop'n music 15 ADVENTURE→17 THE MOVIE||12||24||36||42||10||19||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 18 せんごく列伝→20 fantasia||12||24||36||↑43||10||19||-||-||-|
|pop'n music Sunny Park→ラピストリア||-||30||42||49||10||19||-||-||-|
|pop'n music éclale→Present||※7||30||42||49||10||19||-||-||-|
|pop'n music portable||12||24||36||※42||10||-||30||18||40|
※ Denotes chart has been changed from the previous arcade charts:
- pop'n music portable EX chart: total notes: 1880.
- EASY chart: total notes: 139.
|ノスタルジア (JAEPO 2016)||※5||-||-||-|
※ Denotes chart was different from later location tests and final release (total notes: 539).
|EARTH ROUTE||Usual Days - 鹿鳴館の怪人 - One Phrase Blues - QUICK RESULT - スーパーモグー|
|WATER ROUTE||Distance - 月影華(TSUKI-KAGE-BANA) - 月雪に舞う花のように - CLIO - Aqua|
|WIND ROUTE||memories... - 緑の風 - Flow - FU-FA - Caring Dance|
|FIRE ROUTE||Loveholic - Ska a gogo - Gamelan de Couple - アンデスの太陽 - Soul On Fire|
|WORLD OF DARKNESS||Quiet - WHITE BIRDS (Mirage Mix) - Apocalypse ~memento mori~ - 天庭|
|WORLD OF LIGHT||Polis - Prince on a Star - Votum stellarum -forest #25 RMX- - ZETA～素数の世界と超越者～|
|WORLD OF NOTHING||neu|
|LIMIT BURST Songs|
|Sol Cosine Job 2 - New Decade IIDX Edition - neu - Hollywood Galaxy - JOMANDA - DAY DREAM - Timepiece phase II / Timepiece phase II (CN Ver.)|
|jubeat Unlocks|| サヨナラ・ヘヴン - リメンバーリメンバー - Snowfield Express - 黒髪乱れし修羅となりて - 防人恋歌 - カラルの月|
恋はどう？モロ◎波動OK☆方程式!! - Brand New World - neu - 少年は空を辿る
|pop'n music Unlocks||yellow head joe - Evans - Riot of Color - 量子の海のリントヴルム - HEAVENLY MOON - The Wind of Gold|
†渚の小悪魔ラヴリィ～レイディオ† - JOMANDA - PRANA - True Blue